Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Henry

Should Scotland be an independent country?  

273 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No

So anyone who does a relatively easy bit of research into a topic and can share links to the full story behind clickbate headlines is immediately jumped upon as an enemy of the state, sorry I will rephrase that to 'gets called out'.

What annoys you more, the fact that this story has been reduced to imaginary whataboutery or is it because the truth does not fit your single minded independence narrative

Will repeat that I am not a Tory, just someone who is fed up with the constant hyberbole point scoring politicians and their supporters engage in (that includes ALL parties) as opposed to working together to make Scotland the country we KNOW it can be.

All parties

I have looked over all your political posts could you link me to one correction or fact that puts any other party in a better light apart from the Tories

For someone not interested in politics your going to great pains to dismiss the Tories in a bad light

We all see it with links and made up shit

Why have you not done this with labour or the snp

People can support/vote for who they like i have nothing against that btw but at least be man enough to say it.

All parties

I have looked over all your political posts could you link me to one correction or fact that puts any other party in a better light apart from the Tories

For someone not interested in politics your going to great pains to dismiss the Tories in a bad light

People can support/vote for who they like i have nothing against that btw but at least be man enough to say it.

That's the bloody spirit, looks into someone's background, look for discrepancies and ways to discredit them before 'calling them out'.

People with those attributes mixed with a staunch like devotion to a cause were warmly welcomed and encouraged by the SS and Gestapo back in the day you know.

What next, painting symbols and slogans on the doors and workplaces of those who do not share your ideology in order to 'call them out'

• Upvote 3

I opted out of a work pension last year.

You can opt out of a company pension above and beyond the Automatic enrolment threshold of 4% for yourself and 3% from your employer plus 1% tax relief from the govt.

Some company pensions schemes are brilliant paying in anything from 20% to 25% (a few oil and gas companies I know of pay that) while others only offer the minimum.

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/about-pensions/pensions-basics/automatic-enrolment

You can opt out of a company pension above and beyond the Automatic enrolment threshold of 4% for yourself and 3% from your employer plus 1% tax relief from the govt.

Some company pensions schemes are brilliant paying in anything from 20% to 25% (a few oil and gas companies I know of pay that) while others only offer the minimum.

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/about-pensions/pensions-basics/automatic-enrolment

Ah ok.

All parties

You fall in to the SNP trap and narrative that everything is the tories fault and anyone who disagrees with any opinion you hold politically must be a tory.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Not true.

The Tories have undoubtedly fucked with the NHS down south but its very naive to assume the same hasn't happened here. The Tories have actually increased spending year on year in the NHS down south more than the SNP have here.

You're just attempting to use half-truths to support your biased political viewpoint though, aren't you?

NHS spending in Scotland is higher per head of population than in any other part of the UK (England has the lowest spending per head of all the UK Regions).

Scottish A&E's (while missing their 95% admitted, treated or transferred within 4 hours target) are also performing better than their English counterparts (who share the same "target").

We could go on and I could highlight all the areas that the NHS in Scotland is outperforming that in England but there's no point. The Scottish Government is investing more per head in the NHS than the Tories are and are seeing better results.

Not true.

The Tories have undoubtedly fucked with the NHS down south but its very naive to assume the same hasn't happened here. The Tories have actually increased spending year on year in the NHS down south more than the SNP have here. 

Fucked up the Scottish NHS? Have they aye?

http://www.businessforscotland.com/scotlands-nhs-outperforms-the-rest-of-the-uk-heres-why/

Where are you getting this impression from? Its far from perfect in Scotland but its far in advance of anything else in the UK.

Its compulsory though with auto enrollments

That isn't right mate. You get a 30 day opt out period when you are entered into the scheme. If you miss that you can choose to stop contributing at any point but will be re-entered every 3 years where you can opt out again. You can also choose not to pay the minimums that the government set but this means that your employer doesn't have to contribute at all. (called opting down)

You can also take your benefits from 55 if you want to.

That isn't right mate. You get a 30 day opt out period when you are entered into the scheme. If you miss that you can choose to stop contributing at any point but will be re-entered every 3 years where you can opt out again. You can also choose not to pay the minimums that the government set but this means that your employer doesn't have to contribute at all. (called opting down)

You can also take your benefits from 55 if you want to.

Thanks always thought it was compulsory

Music threads (apart from the one Cockney Don constantly posts his shite on) need moved into the Pub as it’s jukebox related

So tough

You’re not the boss of me.

Gays may be a junkie living in squalor, but he makes a good point. This EU thing and independence are unlikely to ever happen, are niche interests and way on the other side of the planet. Fuck that shit.

• Downvote 2

Not true.

Not true but i look forward to @ForFeckSake highlighting this with a lengthy post and links and what not.