Snap General Election Announced Today

vanderark14

I think state education needs more funding, don't see the point in closing private schools. They'd just send their kids abroad, a lot of the super rich. The schools should have to pay VAT, as half the students at some of them come from overseas and it's clearly a business. Even if it means the parents of UK kids get tax breaks on the VAT they have paid the school.

Crashnyrichcunt could be paying VAT on a business turnover so might not be making that much.

If he is, and fair play to him, somebody start that fan fund a player scheme.

Philip May - husband of PM

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-philip-may-amazon-starbucks-google-capital-group-philip-morris-a7133231.html

encourages tax avoidance

Amber Rudd - Home Secretary

Tax avoider

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/sep/21/bahamas-leaks-reveal-amber-rudd-involvement-offshore-firms

I'm sure her company that was diamond prospecting in Siberia created thousands of jobs in the UK.

David Cameron - Former PM

Tax avoider

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2016/apr/04/panama-papers-david-cameron-father-tax-bahamas

A 'trust fund' in Panama that paid him and his family £30K+ a year tax-free.

Phillip Hammond - Chancellor

Tax avoider

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/millionaire-tory-philip-hammonds-200-3231876

Giving his wife 'gifts' of £600'000 in shares to avoid capital gains tax.

None of those tax avoiders created jobs or 'did something' all they did was shuffle their earnings out of the country or onto someone else so they didnt have to pay tax on them.

No coincidence the same people that make the rules then gain from the rules, is it MT.

Mind you, thats OK. they've got millions in the bank we know about and millions more we dont. Why should they pay their fair share of tax just so a pensioner can get a winter fuel allowance that isnt means tested?

• Upvote 3

Are CalgaryDon and SuperAl his kids? Maybe should have paid more attention to his kids school work rather than his own job or they might not have failed their exams and ended up in summer school.

Spot on, they are my kids. Super_Al got a first in Business at Edinburgh Univ. Calgary Don is at university in Montreal. He is doing extra credits in the summer so he can get his degree faster. Nothing wrong with that. By the way they too went to private school. Shout out to Millertime for supporting hard work and private schools.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think state education needs more funding, don't see the point in closing private schools. They'd just send their kids abroad, a lot of the super rich. The schools should have to pay VAT, as half the students at some of them come from overseas and it's clearly a business. Even if it means the parents of UK kids get tax breaks on the VAT they have paid the school.

Crashnyrichcunt could be paying VAT on a business turnover so might not be making that much.

If he is, and fair play to him, somebody start that fan fund a player scheme.

I am an employee of an oil company, I don't own my own business. Pleased to see I have started an interesting debate on here some interesting points being made.

• Upvote 1

so then higher brow kids would need to mix in schools that have total, total scumbags?

meaning the total, total scum bags bully the private school standard ones thus bringing down their chances of excelling?

and I don't mean general people, I mean the actual scum bag minority

So let's get this right, rich people have better behaved kids? You don't get rich bullies?

Spot on, they are my kids. Super_Al got a first in Business at Edinburgh Univ. Calgary Don is at university in Montreal. He is doing extra credits in the summer so he can get his degree faster. Nothing wrong with that. By the way they too went to private school. Shout out to Millertime for supporting hard work and private schools.

No one is voicing opposition to hard work. The problem is more complex than that though. If you'd been born into a deprived family of uneducated parents, you almost certainly would not be where you are. People who are all too happy to write off the poor should be a little more humble at their good fortune.

No one is voicing opposition to hard work. The problem is more complex than that though. If you'd been born into a deprived family of uneducated parents, you almost certainly would not be where you are. People who are all too happy to write off the poor should be a little more humble at their good fortune.

You have no idea about the hardships my parents put themselves through to pay for my education or their level of education. Suffice to say neither left school at 18.

Clearly, then you are a lower class of degenerate who likely has no idea what it actually means to work hard for a living. As a matter of fact I paid well over $300,000 in taxes last year which is likely far more than you even earned so don't go on about my taxes.

Ha ha

I like to think I am a higher class of degenerate actually.

Glad you earn a lot though, I do okay thanks for asking. Too much of a gentleman to disclose how much, you should prob get an accountant as I am sure with some sensible financial planning you could cut that tax bill and come across and see the dons more often. Or, pay for therapy for your children to rid them of a weird obsession with hearts FC.

Anyway, best get back to work !!

Ha ha

I like to think I am a higher class of degenerate actually.

Glad you earn a lot though, I do okay thanks for asking. Too much of a gentleman to disclose how much, you should prob get an accountant as I am sure with some sensible financial planning you could cut that tax bill and come across and see the dons more often. Or, pay for therapy for your children to rid them of a weird obsession with hearts FC.

Anyway, best get back to work !!

Well at least you are employed and not on the brew.

You have no idea about the hardships my parents put themselves through to pay for my education or their level of education. Suffice to say neither left school at 18.

I never claimed to know anything about your upbringing. I think we both know the type of family and upbringing i'm talking about here, and although I would be amazed if you were from anything like the kind of under privileged upbringing which we are talking about, even if you were born to a couple of crackhead benefit dodging scumbags, you will notice I used the phrase 'almost certainly'. Clearly some people make a success of their lives in spite of their circumstances, but they are not the norm, and they have done so against the odds. That does not make it correct to say fuck the rest they haven't worked hard enough.

Snowflake.

• Upvote 2

I never claimed to know anything about your upbringing. I think we both know the type of family and upbringing i'm talking about here, and although I would be amazed if you were from anything like the kind of under privileged upbringing which we are talking about, even if you were born to a couple of crackhead benefit dodging scumbags, you will notice I used the phrase 'almost certainly'. Clearly some people make a success of their lives in spite of their circumstances, but they are not the norm, and they have done so against the odds. That does not make it correct to say fuck the rest they haven't worked hard enough.

Snowflake.

I prefer snowbird rather than snowflake. A snowbird is someone that goes south for the winter from Canada to go to their house in Arizona.

if they don't help themselves, then why should we help them?

there is work for EVERYONE if they want it

If children who are born to illiterate abusive parents and sent to failing state schools don't help themselves, why should we help them?

Personally my answer to that is: because i'm not a complete cunt

yeah I need to wait till im on a laptop to do it, cant do it on mobile

done now

Thank fuck.

I like how you decide there's no point in engaging with someone because they keep refuting all your bullshit.

Surely by your own work ethic you should work harder to come up with some better opinions that stand up to even the slightest scrutiny rather than just giving up.

• Upvote 2

not ones who are destined to be plumbers, no

when you have someone destined to be a plumber, if theyre lucky, bringing down the chances of someone being an airline pilot - I don't think that's right

People don't always reach their "destiny" though, and others exceed their "destiny."

Within the state school system, there is a degree of aligning potential and differential teaching based on ability. That is not what you were saying though.

You were suggesting that poor background people would bully rich folk if they were forced to go to the same school? I am just wondering why you believe that to be the case? In my experience of school life, bullying went in all directions and was not dictated by social class of parents...

Serious questions.

Do you think your pre-university education has given you an advantage over state school pupils to get where you are?

Do you think contacts made through your private education/alumni has given you an advantage over state school pupils?