New Stadium Approved

The local office car parks thing is what people are forgetting. There will be loads of parkng available by the time the stadium is built. AFC have even said they are hoping to agree terms with companies for the use of their facilities. Even if the club dont, short of hiring some high-vis goons and building a gatehouse like Shell, there's not much the companies can do to stop us.

The local office car parks thing is what people are forgetting. There will be loads of parkng available by the time the stadium is built. AFC have even said they are hoping to agree terms with companies for the use of their facilities. Even if the club dont, short of hiring some high-vis goons and building a gatehouse like Shell, there's not much the companies can do to stop us.

Even more jobs being created!

Can't they use car clamping as a deterrent?

Fanzones are great for international tournaments where everyone is basically on holiday and there are loads of different fans mixing, i don't think they would quite work for your average SPL game in Scotland where the weather is pish most match days.

Eventually Scottish football will wise up and and move to summer football

• Downvote 1

The WANKS now claiming that the £8000 SMG is going to give to a lucky RGU student is tantamount to a bung after getting the Vice Chancellor of the University to speak at the Pre Determination hearing.

I saw one wank saying that on some FB page. Are there more now?

They are doing themselves no favours. Well done them.

I've had a look on their twitter and their website and can't see them claiming that, unless they've removed it before being sued for defamation. Or was it just some bored housewife in desperate need of a shag posting it on facebook? Ken the type who put "full time mummy" as their occupation.

I've had a look on their twitter and their website and can't see them claiming that, unless they've removed it before being sued for defamation. Or was it just some bored housewife in desperate need of a shag posting it on facebook? Ken the type who put "full time mummy" as their occupation.

It was a bloke called Wildgoose.

Did it?

RDL is pretty much sold out for every game.

RDU crowds dropped due to two reasons. The pitch being altered so that it's difficult to see the goal line now without standing on your seat to see over people's heads, and the Old Firm's allocation being reduced meaning the centre section of the south stand became more popular.

What incentive is there to turn up early to the RDS? It's not comparable at all to Kingsford having a fanzone, TV screens and a supporters bar.

Not sure any of them are true, but even so, what's your point?

I thought you were arguing about the location and/or shuttle buses putting fans off. What have all of the above got to do with that?

The RDS definitely wore off. You could go up there now with nobody sitting below you and have an unobstructed view of everything. Some people do.

Sad that the singing from there vanished. Used to get some great atmospheres in the bigger games.

Comparison to Kingsford was this idea of people turning up early for the concourses, or the concourses being used instead of a cold outdoor fanzone. I could swear there used to be a band sometimes playing in the RDS before matches 15 years ago, with nobody there or hanging about.

The transport issue is just a paperwork exercise to satisfy planners and the council. Shuttle buses are a good idea in theory and will be laid on to start with but they will probably just fade into memory due to lack of use. The same way no fucker uses park and ride to go to work. Most people just want to get to the game, watch the game and get home. Aberdeen can lay on 1000 shuttle buses but they can't make people use them. Folk like driving their own cars and will just park in tescos/costco and local office car parks.

Fanzones are great for international tournaments where everyone is basically on holiday and there are loads of different fans mixing, i don't think they would quite work for your average SPL game in Scotland where the weather is pish most match days.

I agree. But if the buses/day out thing does die out, we'll end up with the worst out of town drive-in stadium with no atmosphere.

• Downvote 2

The RDS definitely wore off. You could go up there now with nobody sitting below you and have an unobstructed view of everything. Some people do.

Sad that the singing from there vanished. Used to get some great atmospheres in the bigger games.

Comparison to Kingsford was this idea of people turning up early for the concourses, or the concourses being used instead of a cold outdoor fanzone. I could swear there used to be a band sometimes playing in the RDS before matches 15 years ago, with nobody there or hanging about.

So the novelty of the RDS has worn off and people stopped going to games? Is that what you're trying to argue? Not sure the attendances reflect that at all.

And if it they stopped going to the RDS and instead went to another stand, then see my previous reply to you. That is also not the same as going to Kingsford then deciding to stop going to games altogether.

Can you not see that nothing that you're coming up with indicates fans will go to Kingsford only until the novelty wears off.

I don't think there will be any significant increase or drop in the average attendance.

Couple of early sell outs to experience the new stadium & then back to normal 12-15k attendances depending on opponents & kick off times etc.

The only thing that will affect the attendances on average throughout the whole season or season(s) in any real significant way up or down is the players the manager is allowed to sign.

It is that simple

So the novelty of the RDS has worn off and people stopped going to games? Is that what you're trying to argue? Not sure the attendances reflect that at all.

And if it they stopped going to the RDS and instead went to another stand, then see my previous reply to you. That is also not the same as going to Kingsford then deciding to stop going to games altogether.

Can you not see that nothing that you're coming up with indicates fans will go to Kingsford only until the novelty wears off.

Think the novelty of TWL and his professional mates protest about shutting the upper deck wore off too.

• Upvote 2