New Stadium Approved

I went back to the "money angle" cos its boring as fuck trying to explain to people why its a bollocks location time and time again. Most agree its not great/bollocks but some refuse to see any problem when there are clearly loads.

I most certainly am not against relocating! I'm just against relocating to somewhere which I feel will in the long term will be detrimental to AFC.

Name one poster who has said the stadium will be perfect?

Now once youve realised the answer to this is no one, delete your account and bore off

The fuck you on about?

The idea is that the home fans have access to both goal ends. The away section is to be adjustable in size, from a little bit of a corner for the hamiltons etc. Then stretching behind the goals a bit for the larger away supports. Bit like what hearts and Hibs do.

It really is entirely up to Aberdeen fans how many tickets are given to the bigot brothers.

Thanks for clarifying. Makes sense although hopefully doesn't expand right behing goals, would prefer for it to expand round the corner instead. We should be keeping seats with best views for home fans. I sit in RDS but best thing we did for a while at Pittodrie was reclaim the middle of South Stand for home fans for all games.

The idea is that the home fans have access to both goal ends. The away section is to be adjustable in size, from a little bit of a corner for the hamiltons etc. Then stretching behind the goals a bit for the larger away supports. Bit like what hearts and Hibs do.

It really is entirely up to Aberdeen fans how many tickets are given to the bigot brothers.

I would not give them more than 1000 regardless of home attendance. Diddy club thing to hand over a whole end. You didnt see Celtic or Sevco giving away fans prime seats behind the goals when their grounds were half empty.

Y'all confuse wanting it to fail with predicting it will not be successful because of very obvious reasons.

If it's delivered for £40m, the travel is convenient, the experience is great, there are 16k season ticket holders and an atmosphere then too right I will have been wrong.

Where are you getting this 40m figure from that you constantly quote...

Where are you getting this 40m figure from that you constantly quote...

10M for the training grounds, 40M for the stadium. Pretty sure those are the figures AFC are working with just now. I expect it'll probably wind up being around 60M for the entire project, but admittedly that's just me pulling a number out of my arse.

10M for the training grounds, 40M for the stadium. Pretty sure those are the figures AFC are working with just now. I expect it'll probably wind up being around 60M for the entire project, but admittedly that's just me pulling a number out of my arse.

It's a 50m project at the moment.

But there are costs incurred in phase one that mitigate costs in phase 2 therefore it actually makes the 50m total more feasible.

There will also be other factors, like Wm Donald will get the ground work etc.

I'm sure at a reasonable price for the club, the assumption being that a) they didn't clear the debt to pump the club later and b) they cleared the debt so should be a preferential supplier...

Have the club actually said they'll give a stand to them like? Or is this just standard aberdeen fans paranoia?

According to the stadium application, it suggests 3,000 Old Firm fans. But I'm sure it can be cut, whereas the current allocation can't be.

Will they aye?

Currently give them 1500 but will increase their allocation to 4000 in a new smaller stadium?

:wtf::rolleyes:

We currently give them 2100. We can't cut it any more than that because the away end can't be segregated.

On the subject of away fans allocation.

I'd give them a corner like the unwashed fucktards do to us and other teams.

1000 max and obviously the bigot bros will sell out that allocation, but it also depends on home crowd attendances going forward. AFC will be keeping an eye on it as they won't want empty seats and if we don't sell out they'll release more seats to the weegies just to get money in the coffers.

On the subject of away fans allocation.

I'd give them a corner like the unwashed fucktards do to us and other teams.

1000 max and obviously the bigot bros will sell out that allocation, but it also depends on home crowd attendances going forward. AFC will be keeping an eye on it as they won't want empty seats and if we don't sell out they'll release more seats to the weegies just to get money in the coffers.

Spot on KSL but i think its more likely the ugly sisters will get atlas there current allocation of around 2k , hopefully in a corner

According to the stadium application, it suggests 3,000 Old Firm fans. But I'm sure it can be cut, whereas the current allocation can't be.

We currently give them 2100. We can't cut it any more than that because the away end can't be segregated.

Absolute madness giving them more in a smaller stadium.

Fuck moving the segregation for different teams too. Make it the same (1000ish) for all opposition be it Hamilton or the bigot brothers.

Stop pandering to the cunts even if it means losing a few quid.

Absolute madness giving them more in a smaller stadium.

Fuck moving the segregation for different teams too. Make it the same (1000ish) for all opposition be it Hamilton or the bigot brothers.

Stop pandering to the cunts even if it means losing a few quid.

"Build in the city. Don't care how much extra it costs."

"How we gonna raise £50m to build at Kingsford. This will kill the club."

"Cut their allocation. Even if it costs us money."

"Aberdeen will lose money at Kingsford when our crowds go down."

It's almost like you just post random things without thinking it through.

• Downvote 1

"random things without thinking it through".... having to play games in the central belt or Dundee. :laughing:

• Upvote 2

I don't really get your point.

Nobody believes we'll be playing games down there, it's just a daft headline grabber from Milne.

It's got fuck all to do with the stadium discussion tbh and only ever seems to be brought up by the anti Kingsford posters.

It's pretty simple. Milne suggesting that as we currently get dispensation to play euro games at Pittodrie despite the stadium not matching minimum standards. If uefa say stadium will no longer get dispensation we'd have to play in either glasgow or Edinburgh

As an aside, suggestions are that the seating capacity + executive boxes + accessibility capacity all comes to an overall stadium capacity of around 19,700.

Don't know if that's final. I suspect that because they applied for a 20,000 capacity that if they did decide to add on a few hundred seats taking them over 20k they would need to actually change the application to reflect this (Tottenham have just applied mid-build to increase their capacity - think it's an extra 2,000 they want).

I suppose it's not a big deal (if true), the difference between 20,000 and 19,700 is minimal. But would be sad to think that after we leave Pittodrie we wouldn't have a home crowd over 20,000 again. It's symbolic more than anything.

Where are you hearing this Panda? I still dont understand the reasoning for reducing the capacity below the current set up by 500 seats or so. Reducing the capacity by 500 seats is hardly going to create a mad panic for tickets.

It's pretty simple. Milne suggesting that as we currently get dispensation to play euro games at Pittodrie despite the stadium not matching minimum standards. If uefa say stadium will no longer get dispensation we'd have to play in either glasgow or Edinburgh

Yeah I get that Milne said this. I think its scaremongering though.

But what I'm questioning is why someone brings it up in this debate - as if it's an argument people in here are using to justify Kingsford when in fact its not. No one here is pushing that argument.

Yeah I get that Milne said this. I think its scaremongering though.

But what I'm questioning is why someone brings it up in this debate - as if it's an argument people in here are using to justify Kingsford when in fact its not. No one here is pushing that argument.

You're right, it shouldn't be used as an immediate argument for or against. There are many more points to discuss that are more current.

Anything that hasn't actually happened yet but might, could be called 'scaremongering' though, whether it has an element of truth to it or not. New players not wanting to train on public parks is scaremongering. Escalating maintenance costs too etc etc.

Seems that some forms of scaremongering are more acceptable or believable than others but it is perfectly justifiable to point out that special uefa dispensation is being applied to use Pittodrie at present and that everything coming out of uefa currently suggest that it's not going to last much longer. Clubs are being refused a license every season. Aberdeen fc board, the SFA and aberdeen council understand this. Some Aberdeen fans just don't want to.

To blindly say "it's a load of shite and scaremongering and it's not going to happen" just makes you look fucking stupid.

• Downvote 1

You're right, it shouldn't be used as an immediate argument for or against. There are many more points to discuss that are more current.

Anything that hasn't actually happened yet but might, could be called 'scaremongering' though, whether it has an element of truth to it or not. New players not wanting to train on public parks is scaremongering. Escalating maintenance costs too etc etc.

Seems that some forms of scaremongering are more acceptable or believable than others but it is perfectly justifiable to point out that special uefa dispensation is being applied to use Pittodrie at present and that everything coming out of uefa currently suggest that it's not going to last much longer. Clubs are being refused a license every season. Aberdeen fc board, the SFA and aberdeen council understand this. Some Aberdeen fans just don't want to.

To blindly say "it's a load of shite and scaremongering and it's not going to happen" just makes you look fucking stupid.

I don't actually have much feeling about it either way - it just seems pretty irrelevant to me in the context of this current debate and I didn't see why the scoot brought it up in this discussion when no one on here has really used that as a reason to move to kingswells as far as I can see.

Bits in bold :dontknow:

Its almost like you just post random things I've never said.

You should be a journalist.

• Upvote 1

I don't actually have much feeling about it either way - it just seems pretty irrelevant to me in the context of this current debate and I didn't see why the scoot brought it up in this discussion when no one on here has really used that as a reason to move to kingswells as far as I can see.

I totally agree with that. I wasn't really aiming at you in particular with the last bit that you highlighted. More to what I have read previously. Some seem to have latched onto it and tried to use it to fuel their paranoid anti-Kingswells agenda.

Say we continued at Pittodrie with exactly what it has, what do we lack that will make UEFA say we can't play a game there? Who is being refused a licence for what reason?