New Stadium Approved

I don't think there will be any significant increase or drop in the average attendance.

Couple of early sell outs to experience the new stadium & then back to normal 12-15k attendances depending on opponents & kick off times etc.

The only thing that will affect the attendances on average throughout the whole season or season(s) in any real significant way up or down is the players the manager is allowed to sign.

It is that simple

You don't think there'll be a massive increase in season ticket sales ? I would think they would easy get 15k perhaps significantly more . Conceivably sell out on season tickets alone

So the novelty of the RDS has worn off and people stopped going to games? Is that what you're trying to argue? Not sure the attendances reflect that at all.

And if it they stopped going to the RDS and instead went to another stand, then see my previous reply to you. That is also not the same as going to Kingsford then deciding to stop going to games altogether.

Can you not see that nothing that you're coming up with indicates fans will go to Kingsford only until the novelty wears off.

It appeared you were saying the novelty of games or the stadium don't wear off and everyone turns up regardless.

My point is who are these folk not using our modern facilities now, but will go to a new stadium? The people apparently replacing anyone who stops going. Is it all about location for them? But the thousands who will have a mess of a journey to Kingsford are expected to keep going because why wouldn't they etc...

I find it hard to believe you or anyone else doesn't know the type of passive fan who won't be fucked with the effort, however small it seems to people whose lives revolve around attending.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I agree for the first season of the new stadium I'd expect there to be a huge hike in season ticket sales.

They'll give the huns and tims an end so how much is that , 4k lets say so thats only 16k season tickets to sell , fucking no bother in season one . Can see it being over subscribed tbh. Its holding on to them that will be important , but get the experience right and a winning team on the park and folk will renew there season tickets in fear of loosing them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It appeared you were saying the novelty of games or the stadium don't wear off and everyone turns up regardless.

My point is who are these folk not using our modern facilities now, but will go to a new stadium? The people apparently replacing anyone who stops going. Is it all about location for them? But the thousands who will have a mess of a journey to Kingsford are expected to keep going because why wouldn't they etc...

I find it hard to believe you or anyone else doesn't know the type of passive fan who won't be fucked with the effort, however small it seems to people whose lives revolve around attending.

The new stadium is for the next 100 years.

It's not just about the fans who've been going the last few years, it's bigger than that.

So yes it's a change that won't suite some and they may stop going but others will find it benefits them, they might not be straight down there as soon as it's built but think about it more long term 10 years - 20 years - the profile of fans and where they come from, how they get there, how far away they live will completely change.

Could see a lot of housing and further development around the stadium within the following 10 years as well = more on street parking and so on for fans going to games.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's not just about the fans who've been going the last few years, it's bigger than that.

So yes it's a change that won't suite some and they may stop going but others will find it benefits them, they might not be straight down there as soon as it's built but think about it more long term 10 years - 20 years - the profile of fans and where they come from, how they get there, how far away they live will completely change.

Could see a lot of housing and further development around the stadium within the following 10 years as well = more on street parking and so on for fans going to games.

That reads good. It’s a no brainer, well apart from the no brainers.

My point is who are these folk not using our modern facilities now, but will go to a new stadium?

Just because some fans prefer the South Stand to the RDU, doesn't mean they won't go to Kingsford.

That's essentially your argument. Bizarre.

But the thousands who will have a mess of a journey to Kingsford are expected to keep going because why wouldn't they etc...

Just how big an effort is it going to be getting to Kingsford?

People pick the worst case scenario of having to get a bus into Aberdeen, then a bus to Kingsford, and that the weather will be horrible, and that they will have to wait up to 45 minutes to get on that bus after a game, then get another bus home after getting to the city centre.

That is everyone's worst case scenario, but how many people will have to go through that? Thousands? A few hundred? About 50 folk?

Most fans won't take the shuttle bus for a start. Even the club's optimistic numbers say 5,700 in a crowd of 14,000 or 8,000 odd in a crowd of 20,000.

The majority of those using the buses will be coming from park and ride sites, or walking distance from their houses.

Those that would have to make two journeys would probably just take the car, or share a car with others, etc. Only those without that prospect will take the two buses.

The novelty of using the shuttle buses might wear off, but the novelty of going to games won't. You'll just find a different way. And the shuttle bus strategy will likely improve as those in charge learn fans habits and adapt it.

And there are many fans more likely to go Kingsford than Pittodrie if the stadium and atmosphere is far better.

• Downvote 1

They'll give the huns and tims an end so how much is that , 4k lets say so thats only 16k season tickets to sell , fucking no bother in season one . Can see it being over subscribed tbh. Its holding on to them that will be important , but get the experience right and a winning team on the park and folk will renew there season tickets in fear of loosing them

If it's correct that the stadium will hold 19,700, then I think the club are aiming for 1500 corporate, plus the usual directors seats, media etc, meaning you could have just under 17,000 seats on sale.

Take away the away support, even if they were limited to the current numbers of 2,000, there could be a very big scramble for season tickets in that first season, which is exactly what the club want, hence probably why it's a slightly lower capacity than it is at the moment.

I really think this is all fantasy that people will look back on as such. Person that said 16k season tickets... for the record I'm saying 13k attendances in the first season. Cost, travel inconvenience, lack of amenities.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really think this is all fantasy that people will look back on as such. Person that said 16k season tickets... for the record I'm saying 13k attendances in the first season. Cost, travel inconvenience, lack of amenities.

Will you be upset when you are proven to be wrong?

Seems there is a wee band of alleged fans wanting this to fail

so they can put on a smug face.

The proposed site is about 2.5 miles further from Holburn Junction than Pittodrie. It really is not the

end of the world you are travelling to.

Will you be upset when you are proven to be wrong?

Seems there is a wee band of alleged fans wanting this to fail

so they can put on a smug face.

The proposed site is about 2.5 miles further from Holburn Junction than Pittodrie. It really is not the

end of the world you are travelling to.

Y'all confuse wanting it to fail with predicting it will not be successful because of very obvious reasons.

If it's delivered for £40m, the travel is convenient, the experience is great, there are 16k season ticket holders and an atmosphere then too right I will have been wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'll bet you any amount of money you want that the average attendance over the first season is more than 13k.

So what happened to the novelty factor?

Now you're saying the crowds will go down from what they are now straight away?

So what happened to the novelty factor?

Now you're saying the crowds will go down from what they are now straight away?

Aye I think it will last games rather than years. Unattractive to the current and future generations of younger people with no patience, nor the drinkers or toonsers or workers.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

If there is demand from our own fans, there is no excuse for more than 1000 away fans to be let in. If it was up to me, I would restrict them to that regardless of demand. This stadium should be built for Aberdeen fans.

If there is demand from our own fans, there is no excuse for more than 1000 away fans to be let in. If it was up to me, I would restrict them to that regardless of demand. This stadium should be built for Aberdeen fans.

Absolutely.

1,000 should be the limit.

Fuck giving them a whole end or any similar shite like that.

Limiting the baying huns and tims influence should be a priority.

I'd not even give them 1,000.

Give them the exact same percentage as we get for their grounds.

So 400 should be enough, going on us getting 1,000 at Ibrox, if that's roughly what we get.

• Upvote 1