Livingston 1 - 2 Aberdeen (29/12)

That was always the argument back when they first started to meddle with the offside rule which was clear when I was reffing. In my day if you were in an offside position you could be sitting doing a shite by the corner flag but you were still offside. Then they started to meddle and bring in a 'not interfering with play' and now it's the active/inactive thing and the argument became "if you're not interfering with play then what are you doing on the park". Active these days seems to be either touching the ball or impeding an opponent from getting to it although you will still see examples where the player moves towards the ball and the linesman will put his flag up before the player gets to it.

You say he was looking to get on the end of his return pass, I can argue he was trying to get back behind the ball.

Ok. So let's get this right...phase 1 of the move Hardie is obviously active as he plays the ball to Pittman. Phase 2 is Considine hitting the ball against Pittman and then it hits Considine again before the ball gets to Hardie. In this phase Hardie is obviously deemed inactive? Then phase 3 is Hardie knocking the ball into the net and he is onside because the last player to play the ball in phase 2 was Considine. As a former referee is that how you see it?

As clear as daylight now.

If you read the posts above and below mine you will see No one really knows

The real embarrassment is the calibre of socks you undoubtedly wear

Thick blokes and women don't know the offside law.

You keep your sock fantasies to yourself, Niall McGinn and the market seller you undoubtedly get your "3 for a £" white sports socks from.

it's clear you're not an alpha

If I was a woman, id be repulsed by you and your ideals

If I was homosexual id be repulsed by you and your ideals

Ergo, I'm repulsed by you from an attitudional point of view and more than likely a physical point of view too

2/10. Must try harder on the act. Not many folk buy this nonsense anymore.

• Upvote 1

If you read the posts above and below mine you will see No one really knows

The real embarrassment is the calibre of socks you undoubtedly wear

The keeper has absolutely fuck all to do with offside you fool.

Nothing at all. He is academic in that situation, unless in an offensive situation, the keeper could be offside or play a pass that causes his team to be offside.

Idiot.

Read that.

You are letting down everyone who knows you.

• Upvote 1

Looks like a hard earned 3 points, but good result. 

Didn't mean anything in the end, but Livi goal is surely offside...

offside1.png

offside.png

Surely no-one can suggest that the person on the right isn't interfering with play.

Per the FIFA presentation linked in the thread:

“Interfering with an opponent” means:
- Preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball. For example, by clearly obstructing the goalkeeper’s line of vision or movement.
- Making a gesture or movement which, in the opinion of the referee, deceives or distracts an opponent.

At no point is Hardie not moving towards the ball or Considine.  

Wasn't as clear cut as this one (not given as offside) was though:

Bollocks. I think you will find that any goal that we have ever conceded has been offside, including own goals.

And penalties against us too. The opposition player was definitely always offside when taking penalties against us as there was only one player between him and the goal and he was definitely interfering with play.

• Upvote 1

we were playing with 3 strikers and put 2 past the 3rd best defence in the league, Do you guys think this is the way forward and can we rely on May to basically provide assists and drag defenders out of position allowing Cossy/Willson to bang them in.

I

I was thinking the same though think we only played with 3 strikers because of how many injuries and suspensions we had. And to be fair we never really looked like scoring until Wilson came on. It did get me thinking though if a 4-4-2 would work with the 3 of them in the team (would obviously need Wilson to consistently maintain the form he showed in the Livi game). May is capable of putting in a good shift on the left and he provided a great cross for Cosgrove's first goal in the Hearts game.

Playing May instead of McGinn or McLennan in a 4-4-2 is an option McInnes has I suppose with both of them waiting in the wings to come on if needed. I still think at this point in his career McLennan is more effective as a second half sub when he is full of energy running direct against tiring defences as he showed in the Livi home game.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna New LB

GMS Ferguson Shinnie May

Cosgrove Wilson

I

I was thinking the same though think we only played with 3 strikers because of how many injuries and suspensions we had. And to be fair we never really looked like scoring until Wilson came on. It did get me thinking though if a 4-4-2 would work with the 3 of them in the team (would obviously need Wilson to consistently maintain the form he showed in the Livi game). May is capable of putting in a good shift on the left and he provided a great cross for Cosgrove's first goal in the Hearts game.

Playing May instead of McGinn or McLennan in a 4-4-2 is an option McInnes has I suppose with both of them waiting in the wings to come on if needed. I still think at this point in his career McLennan is more effective as a second half sub when he is full of energy running direct against tiring defences as he showed in the Livi home game.

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna New LB

GMS Ferguson Shinnie May

Cosgrove Wilson

I think McLennan has done just fine and is a better option than playing May wide.  The more games he has the better he will get.  Same as McKenna did.  He's made of the same stuff.

we were playing with 3 strikers and put 2 past the 3rd best defence in the league, Do you guys think this is the way forward and can we rely on May to basically provide assists and drag defenders out of position allowing Cossy/Willson to bang them in.

Didn't think the front 3 had the right balance with Cosgrove tending to be pulled wide, when Anderson was on especially, I think the balance of the side with a front 2 has been good.

Its decent to have options and no we can play a few different systems without falling apart

I think McLennan has done just fine and is a better option than playing May wide. The more games he has the better he will get. Same as McKenna did. He's made of the same stuff.

McLennan is a strong boy he's more ready for the physicality of the league than what Wright is. I still think he will find himself on the bench once GMS returns. However the thought of McLennan on one wing and GMS on the other is a very good one they could do a lot of damage playing together in this league.

McLennan is a strong boy he's more ready for the physicality of the league than what Wright is. I still think he will find himself on the bench once GMS returns. However the thought of McLennan on one wing and GMS on the other is a very good one they could do a lot of damage playing together in this league.

I agree.

Where does that leave McGinn?  Bench?  No. 10?