Livingston 1 - 2 Aberdeen (29/12)

Is there not some rule because they were behind lewis?

I thought the player in question had to be behind or level with two opposition players when the final pass was made?

I copied the below from from Wikipedia:-

Offside is one of the laws of association football, codified in Law 11 of the Laws of the Game. The law states that a player is in an offside position if any of their body parts, except the hands and arms, are in the opponents' half of the pitch, and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent (the last opponent is usually, but not necessarily, the goalkeeper).[1]

I took from reading the last sentence that Hardie was indeed offside.

How the fuck can a grown man nae underside the basics of offside?

MT is a "special case" but c'mon shinster min.

I just found it strange no-one mentioned it after the game as to me it was clear offside. No mention of it anywhere.

Might have been different if it was a goal that got Livi a point. Very poor officiating (yet again).

Minor point but I think Livi's goal should have been ruled out for offside.

1. It could have been so much of a stramash that it was too difficult to call, or...

2. ...if the officials were indeed able to follow the play, that Considine played the ball a second time before it went over the line.

(Having said that, though, the offside player in question did go for the ball, so you're probably correct.)

I may be wrong but I'm sure there is something about the keeper being ahead of play

Well, there is. Keeper counts as 1 of the 2 players that must be between attacker and goal.

If, like in this case, the keeper is ahead of play. 2 defenders would have to have been back AND playing the Livingston player onside. Only Considine was back AND the player was offside.

It's a fucking crazy mistake by the officials and says a lot that it wasn't even picked up on sportscene. I imagine that old cunt at the hibs game was more important.