Livingston 1 - 2 Aberdeen (29/12)

Great away win all things considered (big injury list and Livi's very strong home form this season). I think most of us would have taken 6 wins from our 8 league games in December. We've actually won 9 of our last 12 league games.

Another 12 games to go before the split and if we can do at least the same again I reckon we won't be too far away at all. But in our next round of games we visit Parkhead, Tynecastle and Easter Road so we really need to be winning a couple of those games if we are realistically going to properly challenge. No reason why we can't we've already won at Ibrox (the only team to do so this season) and have won our last 3 away games so we have it in us.

I just hope the injury situation is much better when we return in 3 weeks time than it was at the end of yesterday's game I counted 11 players either injured or suspended (Logan, Devlin, Hoban, Reynolds, Ferguson, GMS, McGinn, Lowe, Anderson, Tansey & Frank Ross). I also hope if Wilson is staying that the version we saw yesterday is the one that consistently shows up in the second half of the season. He's as frustrating as fuck but he has game changing abilitiy as he demonstrated yesterday. Hopefully the penny drops with him.

Shinniesta makes the valid point that we have just negotiated one of the 'easier' sequences of games - nearly all at home, and/or against weaker opposition. Yet, we still lost to teams above us in the League at the time of playing in home games. Aye, things are improving but DM has big decisions to make, including how to make more use of Gleeson who looks too good to be on the bench.

• Downvote 1

I had an odd day yesterday which included being introduced to Dominic Ball’s Northern Irish grannie, who was sitting immediately in front of me.

Good performance though, and I agree on Gleeson, he played well when he came on and brought a calmness to the midfield.

Livingston are one of the most one-dimensional teams I’ve seen in the top flight, horrible long-ball hoof merchants. Awful.

Just watched the highlights, that 2nd goal should definitely be awarded to Deano, clearly hits off him last. Also WTF is going on with McKenna’s passbacks, that’s 2 games in a row he’s done that. Total Diamond-esque efforts that hopefully he eradicates out of his game very sharpish

Thought we improved today once Gleeson came on. Same thing happened with the Hearts game last week,

Fuck knows why he's had so few opportunities.

Totally agree. I hope to see him start against Stenhousemuir. He's a similar type of player to Jack - without being biased - I honestly believe he's a better player too. Would like to see Tansay feature as well as i still believe he could be a good player for us.

The tims will break out the biscuit tin in January and win the league at a canter. We've seen them get complacent before and then buy themselves out of trouble.

The huns genuinely think they have a chance so hopefully spend more money they don't have and totally fuck themselves.

• Upvote 1

Great result. Gleeson is a better midfielder than shinnie. Composed in the middle of the park, knows where to position himself instead of rushing around like a bearded maniac. Hopefully he has a big part to play in the second half of the season. 

Good to see Wilson actually running around busting a gut as well, again hopefully the penny has dropped with him and he can finally perform to a level consistently that he should be more than capable of. 

Great result. Gleeson is a better midfielder than shinnie. Composed in the middle of the park, knows where to position himself instead of rushing around like a bearded maniac. Hopefully he has a big part to play in the second half of the season.

Agreed. Gleeson in midfield and Shinnie at the Huns is a double bonus for us.

Great day out. Spoiled by the football.

Good to see a few folk both delighted and dismayed that the limo was indeed booked all along. Few pisstakers with egg on their face after revelling in glee at the limo being £300 more expensive but no harm done.

Truth be told the amount of attention the whole thing was getting it made more sense to say it was off. Would have been the easiest arrest ever made by @@Police at 0730 hours on Saturday.