Graeme Shinnie.....

13 minutes ago, Reed or deed said:

Fucking hell.

That’s good coming from you considering you have opinions on everything at length 🤪😆

I'll have a conversation on things here and there, I'm not telling anyone to not have an opinion. 

ZIG76 posts the same thing about Goodwin incessantly. That's his opinion fine, he can have as many opinions as he likes, he doesn't need to post the same thing every single day. 

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Which is retarded. 

It's like pathetic wee gossipy workplace shit trying to undermine someone they don't like. 

Goodwin hasn't been very good, and I'm dubious about his ability to become good. But this making up shit on the spot about Cormack, Goodwin etc is nuts. 

Abdy just shut the fuck up, stop making up crap, have your opinion on the manager, the chairman, fine. Don't fabricate things they most probably haven't done to suit some deranged agenda. 

and @zeroisgod76 for the love of fuck min shut the fucking fuck up. 

I really like this sensible, centrist posting you've been doing lately. 

+1

• Dildo 1
2 hours ago, ullevi said:

The issue isnt  whether we should have signed Shinnie or not, its the way we have signed 2 midfielders when there is a massive hole in the defence which is leaking goals, this should have been the main priority in this window, 2 centre halves and a right back, it leaves the squad even more imbalanced that it was, something which cost us last season.

The signing of Shinnie is a good one to take the heat of Cormack and Goodwin as the fans seem to be saying everything is fine now he is back, he is 31 year old hard working midfielder!!!

Maybe Goodwin thinks the midfield haven't been protecting the defence enough. 

I've no issue with strengthening both areas. Balance hasn't been right in midfield all season 

3 hours ago, ullevi said:

The issue isnt  whether we should have signed Shinnie or not, its the way we have signed 2 midfielders when there is a massive hole in the defence which is leaking goals, this should have been the main priority in this window, 2 centre halves and a right back, it leaves the squad even more imbalanced that it was, something which cost us last season.

The signing of Shinnie is a good one to take the heat of Cormack and Goodwin as the fans seem to be saying everything is fine now he is back, he is 31 year old hard working midfielder!!!

The club aren’t in control of timing. They are well aware they need to strengthen defence. Some players are just easier to negotiate than others. A good win tomorrow and the mood will be a lot better. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

AFC social media is fairly pushing the Shinnie signing, I've counted 8 posts with photos of him in the past 12 hours. 

It's almost like it's a PR move to remove pressure from certain areas of our board. 

Yip don't disagree but at the end of the day Shinnie is a damn good signing that's the most important thing here the politics of it all is secondary. Shinnie is the type of player who might be the difference between us getting european football next season or not so I'm ok with the club over egging his signing a tad he's a quality player we know exactly what we are getting. If he's still the Shinnie of old (no reason why he won't be) he will be the most influential player at the club. 

8 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Yip don't disagree but at the end of the day Shinnie is a damn good signing that's the most important thing here the politics of it all is secondary. Shinnie is the type of player who might be the difference between us getting european football next season or not so I'm ok with the club over egging his signing a tad he's a quality player we know exactly what we are getting. If he's still the Shinnie of old (no reason why he won't be) he will be the most influential player at the club. 

It's a big signing in that it's someone who every Aberdeen fan knows and can identify with.  The club would be daft if they didn't try and get some positive pr out of it. Just makes good commercial sense to do so. 

The vast majority of our signings these days are completely unknown to the average punter.  Or even folk who have a reasonable knowledge of European football.  Hadn't heard of half of our summer signings myself and I watch far too much football. 

• Upvote 1

I totally agree Shinnie is a great man to have back, his drive and determination could really help, although we have to remember it's only a loan. 

Great deflection work by Cormack, he's a master of it. Just like that interview last year on radio Scotland when he said Aberdeen were not in turmoil (they absolutely were!!) Instead saying the media were against Aberdeen and wanted them to fail.

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Maybe Goodwin thinks the midfield haven't been protecting the defence enough. 

I've no issue with strengthening both areas. Balance hasn't been right in midfield all season 

Having Shinnie alongside Ramadani will definitely offer more protection to the defenders. However it will not stop Stewart and Richardson from being dung.

9 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Deary me. Was brown ever a ‘local favourite’? Brown was booted as he was pish, and despised in the dressing room by his team mates. Considine left as he tried to be smart with his contract and it backfired. Id also add in that he was pish as well.

Out of all the things I read or heard none were that brown was despised in the dressing room. Only by the numpty Goodwin when they fell out after a match 

Just now, thurso said:

Out of all the things I read or heard none were that brown was despised in the dressing room. Only by the numpty Goodwin when they fell out after a match 

Apart from a couple of chest thumping appearances against the Huns Brown was a disappointment. 

Didn't have enough left to influence a struggling team. Playing in a decent Celtic team masked some of his decline. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Apart from a couple of chest thumping appearances against the Huns Brown was a disappointment. 

Didn't have enough left to influence a struggling team. Playing in a decent Celtic team masked some of his decline. 

That may be so but I don’t think he was ever despised in the dressing room. 

49 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was a luxury player for at least his last two seasons at Celtic. We couldn't carry that burden. Started well as did the Glass team, but as the wheels fell off, his influence rapidly drained. Brown was spent and it's no coincidence his next move was management.

10 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Think back to when Ian Porterfield took over. Willie Miller is on record as saying that he used to tell the lads as they left the dressing room on match day - “forget that rubbish, THIS is how we are going to play.”

And how did that work out for us? We won nothing, and then Miller became manager and nearly got us relegated.

10 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Shinnie doesn’t strike me as a troublemaker kind of guy but imagine him listening to Goodwin ahead of that Celtic game? 

Would Shinnie even have that big an influence in the dressing room anymore?

He only knows Lewis and Hayes I think. Maybe a few of the younger boys but they would have been kids when he was here. Most of the dressing room don't know who he is.

10 hours ago, DD1903 said:

Deary me. Was brown ever a ‘local favourite’? Brown was booted as he was pish, and despised in the dressing room by his team mates. Considine left as he tried to be smart with his contract and it backfired. Id also add in that he was pish as well.

Brown left because he didn't like Cormack. 

2 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:
48 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yet did enough to be named man of the match more than any other player last season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61202539.amp

23 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Yet did enough to be named man of the match more than any other player last season.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61202539.amp

It was a pretty low bar. And I'd suggest the BBC ratings are questionable seeing as they are voted for by BBC journalists who have a predilection for all things 'old firm'. 

My main memory of Brown is a guy struggling to influence a struggling team, mainly because he didn't have it in the tank to do things he was renowned for as a younger player. 

And of him and Lewis Ferguson practically tripping over each other at times trying to do the same job. Whether that was down to the management or the players I don't know. 

• Upvote 1

To summarise:

We sign a very good proven midfielder/left back for this league.

Arguing over if Goodwin signed him or not, JG apparently had no say as he’s the worst manager in the league and Cormack made him sign for us.

Shinnie will clash with Goodwin because Goodwin is a stubborn mentalist 

Shinnie might have supported Rangers when he was younger so he’s a Hun and we can’t get over that.

Goodwin fkn fkn cormack fkn defenders fkn cormack fkn stubborn Goodwin narcissist fkn

that about cover it? Maybe Millermong pretending he loves Shinnie again for attention? 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

To summarise:

We sign a very good proven midfielder/left back for this league.

Arguing over if Goodwin signed him or not, JG apparently had no say as he’s the worst manager in the league and Cormack made him sign for us.

Shinnie will clash with Goodwin because Goodwin is a stubborn mentalist 

Shinnie might have supported Rangers when he was younger so he’s a Hun and we can’t get over that.

Goodwin fkn fkn cormack fkn defenders fkn cormack fkn stubborn Goodwin narcissist fkn

that about cover it? Maybe Millermong pretending he loves Shinnie again for attention? 

The best bit was when it was being claimed that it was a Cormack signing because it didn't fit the strategy. 

Which is actually Cormack's strategy that he put his own name to. 

11 hours ago, minijc said:

I don't expect players to say here for the majority of their clubs.  I just dislike how fans act about specific players when it isn't justified.

Why isn't it justified with Shinnie? He clearly has an affinity with the club and the supporters, and took great pride in representing his home town club. 

A very consistent player and great captain for AFC. Any other era outwith the Rodgers' Celtic one and he'd probably have a couple trophies with us as well. 

Just because he didn't grow up a Dandy doesn't mean he can't be one now. It's very clear he loves the club and loves playing for it. Can't fault him going to England to earn more coin. 

Long gone are Miller/McLeish days of "loyalty" etc. 

If you are any good for us you SHOULD be looking to move to a better league.