Graeme Shinnie.....

Just now, sooth_stander said:

Are you really criticising Hayes and Shinnie for lining their families pockets for 3 or 4 years in the middle of their careers? You must be the only Aberdeen fan who thinks that way.

I'm not, I just don't entertain the "they get the club" and some of the other shit that's said, mainly about Shinnie, it's all very weird.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Ah yes, a lad that fucked off for free at the first chance, another that went to Celtic at the first chance and a player that came for one last pay day at the end of his career, really getting it.

Bit harsh I think.  You’ve been unusually negative recently.  Unrealistic to expect players to stay with one club for their entire career.   Hayes and Shinnie did their bit and left for financial security.  we would all do it.  

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Ah yes, a lad that fucked off for free at the first chance, another that went to Celtic at the first chance and a player that came for one last pay day at the end of his career, really getting it.

Not true he signed a contract extension during his last spell......

I agree Robson can get in the bin though, hun cunt

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Bit harsh I think.  You’ve been unusually negative recently.  Unrealistic to expect players to stay with one club for their entire career.   Hayes and Shinnie did their bit and left for financial security.  we would all do it.  

I don't expect players to say here for the majority of their clubs.  I just dislike how fans act about specific players when it isn't justified.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, minijc said:

That's completely unfair. Shinnie signed a contract extension midway through his initial one with us and we got 4 full seasons' service from him. Hayes also signed a new contract thus guaranteeing we'd get his full transfer value...and we got 5 full seasons from him. I admit I did have reservations about him returning but he made a big gesture by playing for free initially (i know he was repaid in full) and we're into his 3rd season now after his return and he's still making a decent contribution. Robson...yes we got him at the end of his career but no one can say that in the 3 seasons he played for us that we didn't get a decent return on what we were paying him. And he's still with the club coaching the youngsters 7 years after his retirement, and doing it very well.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Just reading between the lines. Club is under pressure, Cormack is trying the alleviate that pressure on his beleaguered manager so personally funds the return of a fans favourite. Out with the wages budget set aside for Jan.

Plus, he’s not really a Jim type player; vocal presence in the dressing room, local favourite etc etc. Going on how Consi and Brooner were treated, it looks to me that Jim only wants to hear one voice; his voice 

Deary me. Was brown ever a ‘local favourite’? Brown was booted as he was pish, and despised in the dressing room by his team mates. Considine left as he tried to be smart with his contract and it backfired. Id also add in that he was pish as well.

• Upvote 1
Just now, minijc said:

I don't expect players to say here for the majority of their clubs.  I just dislike how fans act about specific players when it isn't justified.

I’m hearing you.  Lets face it, it’s standard PR sentimental bullshit that gets wheeled out whenever a player rejoins a club..  I have no doubt this signing is all of DCs making to appease the fans.   I, for one am happy he is back, not because I believe he is club legend, but because I think he improve our midfield. 

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

That's completely unfair. Shinnie signed a contract extension midway through his initial one with us and we got 4 full seasons' service from him. Hayes also signed a new contract thus guaranteeing we'd get his full transfer value...and we got 5 full seasons from him. I admit I did have reservations about him returning but he made a big gesture by playing for free initially (i know he was repaid in full) and we're into his 3rd season now after his return and he's still making a decent contribution. Robson...yes we got him at the end of his career but no one can say that in the 3 seasons he played for us that we didn't get a decent return on what we were paying him. And he's still with the club coaching the youngsters 7 years after his retirement, and doing it very well.

Well said 👏

17 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not sure about the whole they get Aberdeen. Seems a massive assumption. Much like most of the shite on here about whether Shinnie is a Goodwin signing or whether Goodwin likes a vocal player. Folk just making shite up to suit their own agenda.

What is unquestionable about the 3 players mentioned is that none of them would ever hide in a game. They always give the impression of taking professional pride in their own performance and you can see them roll their sleeves up and try even harder if we're getting beat. More players like that would always be welcome

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Just reading between the lines. Club is under pressure, Cormack is trying the alleviate that pressure on his beleaguered manager so personally funds the return of a fans favourite. Out with the wages budget set aside for Jan.

Plus, he’s not really a Jim type player; vocal presence in the dressing room, local favourite etc etc. Going on how Consi and Brooner were treated, it looks to me that Jim only wants to hear one voice; his voice 

39 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

See the footage of Goodwin welcoming Shinnie at Cormack Park yesterday? I’m looking at that and thinking, who actually is the boss here?
Shinnie will boss Aberdeen one day in the not too distant future, I’m sure, but already, I’m looking at that photo and thinking, who has the bigger influence?

With Shinnie, Hayes and Barry Robson still around, we have the nucleus of lads who get what Aberdeen FC are all about, know what the fans want and expect. I think Goodwin will find that an additional burden on his shoulders.

I don't agree with your view that he is not a Jim type of player especially when you are basing it just on what happened with Broon and Consi.

Broon was wanting to do coaching and wasn't going to get chance to with us as JG wants to do it and so a parting of the ways made sense before there was any friction. Consi turned down a deal and JG wasnt willing to give him another longer contract on more money than he was worth.

JG loves Hayes and has waxed lyrical about him on numerous occasions for all that he brings to us both on and off the park, and Shinnie is almost a carbon copy. I think your wild assumption is completely wrong and how you have decided from a few short video clips that Shinnie is basically running the place is equally wild.

Also, he may have changed his mind in recent years but i seem to remember Shinnie saying in the past that he had no plans to stay in football after he was finished playing. And at the same time as Shay Logan was doing the course to be a plumber, I think i read in the papers that Shinza was doing a course on cutting hair as it was something he might do after playing. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Think back to when Ian Porterfield took over. Willie Miller is on record as saying that he used to tell the lads as they left the dressing room on match day - “forget that rubbish, THIS is how we are going to play.”

Shinnie doesn’t strike me as a troublemaker kind of guy but imagine him listening to Goodwin ahead of that Celtic game? 

I can't think back to then because I wasn't born then but I get the point haha

I agree I don't think Shinnie would be a "troublemaker" but who know's what goes on prematch and what sticks. If he's asked to play like the Shinnie we remember then I'm sure he will do his damndest to make that happen. I'd be surprised if Goodwin did not realise that

2 hours ago, minijc said:

That’s the most retarded post I’ve ever seen from you, which is some achievements.

• Haha 1

The issue isnt  whether we should have signed Shinnie or not, its the way we have signed 2 midfielders when there is a massive hole in the defence which is leaking goals, this should have been the main priority in this window, 2 centre halves and a right back, it leaves the squad even more imbalanced that it was, something which cost us last season.

The signing of Shinnie is a good one to take the heat of Cormack and Goodwin as the fans seem to be saying everything is fine now he is back, he is 31 year old hard working midfielder!!!

The only thing that can take the heat off Goodwin is a run of decent results, starting with a win tomorrow. A respectable defeat in the LC semi will be tolerated but we have to pick up points away to Hearts and Hibs and win against Darvel. If we don't win tomorrow, I suspect a defeat at Hearts would be his swansong and he won't even see the Darvel match

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

Because 80% of the posters on here are mentally deficient and make huge assumptions based off of fuck all. 

We finally agree. The sad thing is that a few weeks down the line it'll have become gospel that Shinnie wasn't Jim's signing, that he doesn't like him and he's making him do stuff that he doesn't want to. This place gets worse and worse

28 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

We finally agree. The sad thing is that a few weeks down the line it'll have become gospel that Shinnie wasn't Jim's signing, that he doesn't like him and he's making him do stuff that he doesn't want to. This place gets worse and worse

Which is retarded. 

It's like pathetic wee gossipy workplace shit trying to undermine someone they don't like. 

Goodwin hasn't been very good, and I'm dubious about his ability to become good. But this making up shit on the spot about Cormack, Goodwin etc is nuts. 

Abdy just shut the fuck up, stop making up crap, have your opinion on the manager, the chairman, fine. Don't fabricate things they most probably haven't done to suit some deranged agenda. 

and @zeroisgod76 for the love of fuck min shut the fucking fuck up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
10 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Which is retarded. 

It's like pathetic wee gossipy workplace shit trying to undermine someone they don't like. 

Goodwin hasn't been very good, and I'm dubious about his ability to become good. But this making up shit on the spot about Cormack, Goodwin etc is nuts. 

Abdy just shut the fuck up, stop making up crap, have your opinion on the manager, the chairman, fine. Don't fabricate things they most probably haven't done to suit some deranged agenda. 

and @zeroisgod76 for the love of fuck min shut the fucking fuck up. 

Eh? I’ve not even made a comment on this thread. Why you bringing me into it?

8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Eh? I’ve not even made a comment on this thread. Why you bringing me into it?

Because every day we've got to read how you feel about Jim Goodwin over and over and over and over. 

And your rebuttal of "I won't stop until he's gone" is just as moronic because what you say on this forum makes no fucking difference to any decision made by AFC. 

Thank you. 

• Dildo 2
6 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Because every day we've got to read how you feel about Jim Goodwin over and over and over and over. 

And your rebuttal of "I won't stop until he's gone" is just as moronic because what you say on this forum makes no fucking difference to any decision made by AFC. 

Thank you. 

Fucking hell.

That’s good coming from you considering you have opinions on everything at length 🤪😆

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1