Coronavirus

Henry

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

So Wimbledon, Wembley and Silverstone are full/almost full capacity.

But crowds in Scotland are 2k.

12.5k at Hampden. 

I'm confused by this shit more and more on a daily basis.

Is it not up to the council though and the 2k is just a guide?  That's who the club applied to

43 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Torture? Elaborate?

Can only be a handful of businesses closed now, night clubs and maybe a few events etc companies. Hopefully the government dishes out plenty money to them. 

As I denoted on an earlier post, there are currently over 10 million people out of work in the UK, with a further 3 million folk furloughed wondering if they'll have work to return to or not. Being inactive and not having the motivation and goals that work gives you, equates to mental torture. Long-term unemployment is very hard to endure.

After 16 months of catastrophic failures in addressing and dealing with the social, health and economic issues that come with the restrictions imposed upon our civil liberties, this again equates to mental torture. Both the UK and Scottish governments have been equally culpable. 

16 months is a ridiculous and unacceptable length of time to deal with a virus in this day and age. Moving to Level 0 is pointless and does not do anyone any good whatsoever. There is no benefit in this "action" whatsoever. It's just another case of Sturgeon exerting her power and control that the majority of the Scottish electorate have foolishly afforded her.

Messrs Jenner, Fleming, Morton, and Lister will all be wondering, albeit on their death beds, why they bothered. 

1 minute ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

As I denoted on an earlier post, there are currently over 10 million people out of work in the UK, with a further 3 million folk furloughed wondering if they'll have work to return to or not. Being inactive and not having the motivation and goals that work gives you, equates to mental torture. Long-term unemployment is very hard to endure.

After 16 months of catastrophic failures in addressing and dealing with the social, health and economic issues that come with the restrictions imposed upon our civil liberties, this again equates to mental torture. Both the UK and Scottish governments have been equally culpable. 

16 months is a ridiculous and unacceptable length of time to deal with a virus in this day and age. Moving to Level 0 is pointless and does not do anyone any good whatsoever. There is no benefit of this "action" whatsoever. It's just another case of Sturgeon exerting her power and control that the majority of the Scottish electorate have foolishly afforded her.

Messrs Jenner, Fleming, Morton, and Lister will all be wondering, albeit on their death beds, why they bothered. 

Minority

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Just the changes that were indicated would happen. What's changes were you hoping for and how is your life being destroyed? 

I generalised in my post about peoples' lives and minds being destroyed. I never inferred my life.

Plenty of folk have lost their jobs, become homeless, have less disposable income than before, and taken their lives as consequencesof the restrictions of the last 16 months. My interpretation may be wrong but this implies the destroying of peoples' lives. 

The changes I was hoping for, but not expecting, was to open everything back up. End of. 

1 hour ago, jamiesd said:

I had really bad symptoms for months after i took the flu jab at work a good few years ago. Never had it since and not keen on this set of jabs either.  Nhs used to really push staff to go for the Flu Jab but ive just ignored. Thankfully i've been ok and very rarely off work.

@NEM @Quagmire

What you lads reckon? He needs a dose of a stiff upper lip? A keep calm and carry on? 

Medicate this man!!!

Just now, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I am not a medic but you sound as though you have got Ebola, Consi min, and not the dreaded coronavirus, unless you have been recently been bitten by a bat and have consequently contracted rabies. 

Get to the job centre cocksucker!

1 minute ago, NEM said:

No I reckon he needs to stop taking jabs he doesn't need.

PS:  Don't @ me you stalker weirdo ?

Just needed some time expert medical advice 

1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I've been clear to come out of isolation for over a week now and I still feel absolutely brutal. 

Not as bad as when I proper had it but still got a cough, exhaustion and can't concentrate for shit. 

Heard of folk experiencing symptoms for like 6 months. Can't be arsed with that. 

I am not a medic but you sound as though you have got Ebola, Consi min, and not the dreaded coronavirus, unless you have been recently been bitten by a bat and have consequently contracted rabies. 

The whole thing has been a shambles from day one and the full effects of it won't be felt for months or even years yet. I'm in and out of pubs every day and most still have staff on furlough and are only ticking over due to the rates being stopped and the VAT cut added to the furlough. A good number are closing early or opening late and a few are only opening Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

People's habits have changed and a lot of old folk are still scared, even with the vaccine. The stupid restrictions and the "hygiene theatre" they are forcing on them are only making things worse.

I still maintain that not one life has been "saved" by all this. We might have prolonged a few by a few months but the people who covid will kill will have been killed or still will be killed.

Properly protecting the vulnerable until the vaccine rollout while asking everyone else to take basic measures would've been the way ahead.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I generalised in my post about peoples' lives and minds being destroyed. I never inferred my life.

Apologies for the misrepresentation. 

25 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Plenty of folk have lost their jobs, become homeless, have less disposable income than before, and taken their lives as consequencesof the restrictions of the last 16 months. My interpretation may be wrong but this implies the destroying of peoples' lives. 

Plenty people have. I'd say that's mainly as a consequence of Covid though. 

The biggest error the governments in this country made, imo, was not taking it seriously enough early enough. This has left us chasing our tail since the start. Anyway, I've debated that to death on here already and won't be doing again. 

Thanks for your response. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Apologies for the misrepresentation. 

Plenty people have. I'd say that's mainly as a consequence of Covid though. 

The biggest error the governments in this country made, imo, was not taking it seriously enough early enough. This has left us chasing our tail since the start. Anyway, I've debated that to death on here already and won't be doing again. 

Thanks for your response. 

No probs, Parky min?.

8 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Stereotypical, discriminatory, unfounded drivel. 

I am long-term signed off, as well as you are aware, you clown. 

Are you employed by AFC Chat?

I didn't realise you were long-term signed off, genuinely. Hope you're able to work again soon ?? 

12 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

The whole thing has been a shambles from day one and the full effects of it won't be felt for months or even years yet. I'm in and out of pubs every day and most still have staff on furlough and are only ticking over due to the rates being stopped and the VAT cut added to the furlough. A good number are closing early or opening late and a few are only opening Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

People's habits have changed and a lot of old folk are still scared, even with the vaccine. The stupid restrictions and the "hygiene theatre" they are forcing on them are only making things worse.

I still maintain that not one life has been "saved" by all this. We might have prolonged a few by a few months but the people who covid will kill will have been killed or still will be killed.

Properly protecting the vulnerable until the vaccine rollout while asking everyone else to take basic measures would've been the way ahead.

Another doctor. Magic

Scotgov making up stadium numbers as they go along, or as they see fit. 

Credibility gone, let's crack on. 

Probs keep wearing my mask in supermarkets etc as a courtesy, but outdoor events, let's just bloody wisen up eh, Nic?

1 minute ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Scotgov making up stadium numbers as they go along, or as they see fit. 

Credibility gone, let's crack on. 

Probs keep wearing my mask in supermarkets etc as a courtesy, but outdoor events, let's just bloody wisen up eh, Nic?

?

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Not convinced any of that was a medical opinion Consi.

Try to give the middle class prick a bit of friendly advice and he throws it back in my face.

Lesson learned - only help my own kind from now on ?

3 minutes ago, NEM said:

Try to give the middle class prick a bit of friendly advice and he throws it back in my face.

Lesson learned - only help my own kind from now on ?

Bigots and morons? 

Moobs needs heaps of help

6 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Another doctor? Great.

Hahaha. 

Im not questioning the effects of the illness, merely the strategy of the government! 

I'm Dr Mantis Toboggan