Coronavirus

Henry

8 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Just hinting heavily at fresh restrictions. Teasing us like it’s a new player getting unveiled by a fitba club. Nobody can convince me these fuckers don’t get a perverse feeling of enjoyment over what they’re doing. 

Absolutely, I've said it from the start. They've spent all their lives chasing power and now they have more than even they imagined. She's loving this. 

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

Great to see people who said we shouldn't shut down now complaining that Glasgow should've been shut down, make up your minds.

Any lockdown is a complete over reaction but the measures have to be applied consistently.

Rather she gave the weegies a taste of what we had to endure rather than wait a few months before using an increase in cases as an excuse to hit the entire country with it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Shetland have had fuck all since April and are still getting the same blanket restrictions.

thankfully they're mental cunts and completely disregard govt instructions. As id advise everyone to do 

Disregarded government instructions last night and it was magnificent. Don't think I caught covid.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Great to see people who said we shouldn't shut down now complaining that Glasgow should've been shut down, make up your minds.

Because we shouldn’t have been shut down And it was done as a political point to Boris or if it was a genuine concern for Aberdeen why hasn’t she shown the same concern for her SNP voters  in Glasgow and instead shutting the country down instead?

Just now, dazzy_deff said:

Just wondering if you are going to try and defend the latest revelations from our esteemed leader? 

What's the revelations? As far as I read at lunch time, any talk of this "circuit breaker" was mere speculation. Has that changed? Or is there something else specifically you want me to comment on? 

2 hours ago, minijc said:

I'll hold my hands up and say I was wrong about the Aberdeen lockdown. It worked for what it was supposed to do to a certain extent. 

Doesn't mean you can't criticise her for not doing it with Glasgow. It is her fucking job after all. 

13 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I think he wants to know your opinion on the circuit breaker chat 

Correct. Can say it's rumour just now but she's more or less confirmed more stringent national restrictions are forthcoming. This despite the north having much more favourable numbers to our friends down south. 

59 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

I think he wants to know your opinion on the circuit breaker chat 

44 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Correct. Can say it's rumour just now but she's more or less confirmed more stringent national restrictions are forthcoming. This despite the north having much more favourable numbers to our friends down south. 

I'd be intrigued as to their rationale for such a measure. Like many on here, I'm confused by the move away from localised restrictions for national ones, when there does not seem to be the same level of virus prevalence nationwide. That'd definitely need explained. 

Full on lockdowns aren't a solution though. We know that. Otherwise we wouldn't be having to look at them again. What it does show is that we've made some poor decisions in allowing ourselves to get to a point where it's being considered. That would also need to be explained. 

1 minute ago, Bad_Mobby said:

Part of this is your own fault for taking the piss out of the “exercise” rule 

but really it’s the governments‘ fault for thinking that you daft Brits have the sense to follow rules and not take the piss 

shocking behaviour 

need to get you lot locked down for two months with no exercise 

Loved Parklife the song

4 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

The particular effort that has gone into destroying pubs and football clubs is a uniquely Scottish thing though. The SNP don't like drinking or football and are using this. I'm 100% convinced on that.

I think you'll find the majority of their supporters are working class, so they aren't going to intentionally alienate their biggest support base.

The SNP are trying to prioritize public health, which is almost impossible when you don't have complete control of the purse strings in Scotland. 

An independent Scotland would've handled this way better than a Scotland which is ultimately controlled by Westminster. 

Fuck Westminster.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2
33 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I think you'll find the majority of their supporters are working class, so they aren't going to intentionally alienate their biggest support base.

The SNP are trying to prioritize public health, which is almost impossible when you don't have complete control of the purse strings in Scotland. 

An independent Scotland would've handled this way better than a Scotland which is ultimately controlled by Westminster. 

Fuck Westminster.

If they were prioritising public health they'd have continued other treatments during this and they also wouldn't have put infected people in care homes.

They are making a monumental mistake continuing down this road. Surely everyone can see a more targeted approach shielding the vulnerable and elderly is the way to go but no,we'll go back into lockdown and then what? The disease will start spreading again and we'll go into our next panic measure. We will have to accept it at some point,why not now? If we're still in and out of lockdown in a year's time will people finally start realising what is patently fucking obvious?