Coronavirus

Henry

2 hours ago, Henry said:

Oh ho, protective Dad hovering over his little darlings at the soft play, lest his privately educated angels have to interact with a bairn off a council estate who’s parents have dared to order a toastie and talk amongst themselves for ten seconds. 

You soon learnt to tell a kid fae seaton it was yir fucking turn doon the slide at codonas etc. 

Character building. 

I say this drinking alone in my kitchen.

9 hours ago, Henry said:

Oh ho, protective Dad hovering over his little darlings at the soft play, lest his privately educated angels have to interact with a bairn off a council estate who’s parents have dared to order a toastie and talk amongst themselves for ten seconds. 

Funny, that was?

New data published by Public Health Scotland puts five councils in the 'red alert' category as they have had more than 100 cases per 100,000 people over the past week: Glasgow, Edinburgh, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire and East Renfrewshire.

Out of Scotland's 32 council areas, 43.4 per cent of all cases were in only two, Glasgow and Edinburgh, between September 27 and October 3. In Glasgow, there were 1,224 cases - or 193 per 100,000 people - while in Edinburgh there were 750 cases, or 143 per 100,000.

There was not a single positive case in Orkney or Shetland. Moray had only five cases per 100,000, Aberdeenshire 14, Clackmannanshire 15, Perth and Kinross 20 and 26 in Angus.

Murdo Fraser, Tory MSP for Mid Scotland and Fife, said: 'I don't believe there needs to be general nationwide restrictions when you see figures like this.

'We saw a local lockdown in Aberdeen when there was a recent spiking of cases there. If, as has been suggested, we see more restrictions introduced in coming days, then I feel it is essential that they are targeted at specific problem areas, instead of right across the country.'

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, jamiesd said:

Ill just carry on regardless.  had enough of this garbage.

Aye, stuck to it during the original lockdown.  Nae this time.  

Just shite for folk with stuff booked for the next few weeks after her saying "don't book a foreign holiday"  and it'd shite for the kids. Don't care what any do gooder says it's no good for them being told to "stay at home" 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Zeus said:

Aye, stuck to it during the original lockdown.  Nae this time.  

Just shite for folk with stuff booked for the next few weeks after her saying "don't book a foreign holiday"  and it'd shite for the kids. Don't care what any do gooder says it's no good for them being told to "stay at home" 

I think you'd be have to be a fucking idiot to have booked a foreign holiday this year after all this. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think you'd be have to be a fucking idiot to have booked a foreign holiday this year after all this. 

I think you've mis-read that or I've mis-read yours.  Maybe shite English from me... 

I meant she said don't book a foreign holiday, so I'd imagine a lot of folk went ahead and booked within Scotland.  Now that's looking likely to get binned. 

Just now, Zeus said:

I think you've mis-read that or I've mis-read yours.  Maybe shite English from me... 

I meant she said don't book a foreign holiday, so I'd imagine a lot of folk went ahead and booked within Scotland.  Now that's looking likely to get binned. 

Ah ok. Thought you meant folk booking abroad. 

Yeah, fuck knows what she's planning. All she had to do was lockdown Glasgow for a while and keep uni students from licking each other and the numbers would have been far far lower. 

750 of the plebs in England at one uni managed to contract it. That must have been some mass orgy. 

10 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Should be mandatory testing at airports on arrival stick a £50 charge per passenger on it. Surely anyone keen enough would be happy enough to pay that.

Italy are doing similar with arrivals from high risk countries.

• Upvote 1