Coronavirus

Henry

Professor Andrew Pollard of Oxford University said today that the Astra Zeneca vaccination redesign to make it effective against mutant strains will be "very very quick" and will involve a smaller clinical trial than the  original vaccine and should be ready to roll out by October

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Professor Andrew Pollard of Oxford University said today that the Astra Zeneca vaccination redesign to make it effective against mutant strains will be "very very quick" and will involve a smaller clinical trial than the  original vaccine and should be ready to roll out by October

Haha once again picking out the bits that you want Ten Caat.

You missed out the bit 'should it be needed' and also 'There is strong evidence existing vaccines work well against the mutations'

• Haha 1

With all this chat about who can and cannot vaccinate.

I found this from the NHS Grampian website interesting - was looking up some information as my mother has had the blue envelope through.

Vaccinators must be current registrants of the NMC or HCPC (Chiropodists, Dieticians, Orthotists, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Prosthetists and Speech and Language Therapists

Speech and Language Therapists are qualified in what way to administer this as part of their 'usual work'.

1 minute ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

With all this chat about who can and cannot vaccinate.

I found this from the NHS Grampian website interesting - was looking up some information as my mother has had the blue envelope through.

Vaccinators must be current registrants of the NMC or HCPC (Chiropodists, Dieticians, Orthotists, Paramedics, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Prosthetists and Speech and Language Therapists

Speech and Language Therapists are qualified in what way to administer this as part of their 'usual work'.

They can clearly annunciate a shout for help to a supervising nurse. 

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Haha once again picking out the bits that you want Ten Caat.

You missed out the bit 'should it be needed' and also 'There is strong evidence existing vaccines work well against the mutations'

They are doing it...why on earth would they spend money....lots of it....on altering the current vaccine if it were effective?

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Is that against existing mutant strains or is he predicting it will be effective against all future mutant strains?

Its for the existing the mutations that they know about. No idea if it will be effective against any future ones. My guess would be no in at least some cases and will require further adjustments further down the line. My bet is that they'll need to make the covid vaccination programme an annual one, but logistically and economically it wouldn't be viable to do the whole population year in year out. Likely same groups targeted as they do with the flu vaccine

1 hour ago, Poodler said:

Are you any good at pleasuring women? 

My bet is he's very good at pleasuring himself