Coronavirus

Henry

12 minutes ago, chief_wiggum said:

Sky now saying he was in hospital with pneumonia but got home where he felt more comfortable, then tested positive so a good chance he did catch it in hospital?

Bit ironic if that's the case that the NHS who he so publicly helped fund could potentially have contributed to his demise. Was probably on his way out regardless though.

On 2/1/2021 at 4:10 PM, rocket_scientist said:

1. Agreed, sort of, with proviso.

2. Agreed.

Unlike you, I make a distinction between the born and the newly-conceived. A "new human life is created" when the sperm hits the egg is one interpretation but until it is born, it is only potentially life. A new human life chance was created at conception, not a new human being. The women who have had miscarriages - and there have been billions of miscarriages - might agree with my definition rather than yours.

I agree that abortion should be legal. I think it's fucked up that the state would make it illegal.

We will never agree on this. I'm talking about me and the catholic church here. You're just the mouthpiece for them. It's an unhealthy state that listens to religious cunts when formulating social policy.

That a new human life is created at the moment of conception is not an interpretation, but a scientific fact. 

At that very moment, a new form of life can be observed with 46 chromosomes, (23 each from the mother and father).  A life form with 46 chromosomes is called a human being.

At that very instant, a new living person exists - as unique as you or I - they already have their own DNA, finger prints, eye and hair colour, physical attributes etc. 

Morality can only be fact based, not interpretation based.  With the latter, people invariably "interpret" things to suit themselves, ultimately meaning what suits themselves takes precedence over what is plainly right and wrong (see "protestantism").

You say you will never agree on this point - that is true, for as long as you continue to put your own spin on facts.  However, perhaps you are not too far away from acquiescing here.

And the likely problem with formulation of (any) social policy is not the involvement of religious cunts, but rather cunts who deny facts. (You dont need to be religious to accept facts and respect life, or even to do what is right in any situation).

• Downvote 2
  • Dildo 1
5 hours ago, milne_afc said:

His family being allowed to spend time at his bedside is a right kick in the teeth for the scum who haven’t been given the same privilege. Fucking outrageous. There’s more to this old duffer than just raising a few bob.

Heard that the reason he never spoke was because he only spoke German, this war hero stuff is just a cover, we've all been had.

Guest milne_afc
1 minute ago, Poodler said:

national clap for him on Thursday.

They’re already planning special edition poppies with his face on.

IT’S FEBRUARY 

8 minutes ago, Poodler said:

What did he actually do in the war? 

national clap for him on Thursday.

How did we get to this? 

the suits will be loving it 

Glad you edited that - my grandfather served in Burma, it was no picnic and no one of modern generations should downplay people who served in the second world war as it is something we fortunately will never have to do.

2 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

Glad you edited that - my grandfather served in Burma, it was no picnic and no one of modern generations should downplay people who served in the second world war as it is something we fortunately will never have to do.

My granda had a hole in him you could have fitted your fist in, suffered every day of his life after 2 years in Strathcathro, fought till the bitter end fighting the Nazi in Italy. Charged a machine gun post with a jammed gun and baseball bat. Never forget.

I feel sorry for the nazis he killed as well, they all had families, half dozen in that nest was what his George medal said.

7 minutes ago, The beard of mcinnes said:

I'm gutted I never got the chance to be honest, would have loved to have gone to war.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-surge-testing-over-south-africa-variant-takes-place-in-woking-12206636

Jack Gallop, who is a council employee and has been handing out tests today, said: "Duty calls to come and help out. Most people are happy to help. We've got plenty of staff, it hasn't been an issue getting volunteers. It's a global pandemic at the end of the day, it's time to step up and help out."

? yeah you stick it to Covid  kid!!!

1 minute ago, daytripping said:

I'm gutted I never got the chance to be honest, would have loved to have gone to war.

You can go to any one of a dozen ongoing conflicts and pick up a gun for whichever side takes your fancy.  You can even switch sides half way through, if you like. 

Decent low level conflict in eastern Ukraine, they're accepting folk on both sides.  Come spring the 'insurgents' (Russians) will be starting up their offensives again, so you've a couple three months to get some target practice in with an air rifle and rubbits oot the road.  Russians have heavier weapons, but Biden will be moving Special Forces into the area shortly, so be careful which side you pick. 

Also, national musical instrument of Ukraine is the accordion, so be aware... 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Poodler said:

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-surge-testing-over-south-africa-variant-takes-place-in-woking-12206636

Jack Gallop, who is a council employee and has been handing out tests today, said: "Duty calls to come and help out. Most people are happy to help. We've got plenty of staff, it hasn't been an issue getting volunteers. It's a global pandemic at the end of the day, it's time to step up and help out."

? yeah you stick it to Covid  kid!!!

Jack is the type who would have been first out of the trench, Britain was built on his type, true hero.

Guest milne_afc

WTF was Burma getting arsey about? Couple of bombing raids would have sorted them out. Wouldn’t have fancied getting too close, especially with their close combat skills and exotic fevers.

Sad to think the Chinks have reversed years of dominance in the top division for the UK by releasing the C-19

Just now, Ke1t said:

You can go to any one of a dozen ongoing conflicts and pick up a gun for whichever side takes your fancy.  You can even switch sides half way through, if you like. 

Decent low level conflict in eastern Ukraine, they're accepting folk on both sides.  Come spring the 'insurgents' (Russians) will be starting up their offensives again, so you've a couple three months to get some target practice in with an air rifle and rubbits oot the road.  Russians have heavier weapons, but Biden will be moving Special Forces into the area shortly, so be careful which side you pick. 

Also, national musical instrument of Ukraine is the accordion, so be aware... 

spacer.png

Tried to join Arkan, got turned down for being unstable and too violent.

2 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

WTF was Burma getting arsey about? Couple of bombing raids would have sorted them out. Wouldn’t have fancied getting too close, especially with their close combat skills and exotic fevers.

Sad to think the Chinks have reversed years of dominance in the top division for the UK by releasing the C-19

We'll do the slants with C-20, have faith in Boris, best we've had since Thatcher. The foolery is a bluff.

2 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

Is the French Foreign Legion still on the go? That's where mad bastards and criminals who wished to escape justice used to gravitate to when they had nothing left to lose

One of my friends was in them for years, casual as well, fucking nails, lot of people on here will know him, know cheesepipes does. Oil worker in Aussie now.

Still on the go, mental as ever. Good for Africa stuff. Not him, he's nice now, the Legion.

6 hours ago, daytripping said:

My granda had a hole in him you could have fitted your fist in, suffered every day of his life after 2 years in Strathcathro, fought till the bitter end fighting the Nazi in Italy. Charged a machine gun post with a jammed gun and baseball bat. Never forget.

I feel sorry for the nazis he killed as well, they all had families, half dozen in that nest was what his George medal said.

Haven’t we all? 

First night shift as a key worker completed. Did the full bit. 'I can't stay home I'm a key worker' sign in my motor,. I've got sore bits on my ears from wearing the mask for 12 hours so I'll do my video crying on Twitter after a kip.

Need to find an effective way of letting all my neighbours know I'm a key worker now. Might pop leaflets through their doors saying "I'm a key worker now do you need any messages brought in?" Obviously I'll not actually get them any coz I'm too busy now I'm a key worker. 

• Upvote 1