Coronavirus

Henry

22 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

What if we’d followed the UKs approach?

Based on the same death rate as the UK, Perth could have expected 4000 deaths with covid in 500 days. We’ve had 9. Yes, obviously our approach was best as per parky and his infinite wisdom.

But then, how many people have died in Perth in the last 500 days? Approximately 35,000. So even if we accept all 4000 covid deaths were of people who wouldn’t die anyway, we’d have had approximately 10% higher deaths than normal. Big fuckin deal.

Then take in to account the warmer climate, which would likely result in less transmission as people spend more time outdoors and the fact that plenty of covid deaths are those that are of people who were dying anyway and the numbers become statistically insignificant.

Why this is never broadcast, printed or even accepted as an alternative possibility is why people believe there is something afoot.

Yeah yeah WA lol

sound post mannie. easy to launder the numbers in the likes of india where over 26000 die of natural causes every day.
this is all very deliberate, covid to BLM, - transformer rights etc. all to agitate and divide the us plebs.
just give me the covid naturally, i say. 

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Bri, how much longer are the Aussies going to put up with these tyrannical measures? Or do they just accept them? It's been almost 18 months and folk are still under house arrest. Even during "peak covid" in Scotland (with a few high profile exceptions) I never felt we were living in a Police state as the Police almost enforced the measures reluctantly, with the head of the Police Federation openly admitting they did not have the resources to enforce what the Government wanted them to. Daft policing such as trying to stop a man from going surfing near his home soon fell by the wayside. Reports of "covid checkpoints" were proven to be utter bollocks.

From an outsider looking in it appears the Australian authorities are throwing everything at restricting people's movements and freedoms, with zero risk activities such as sunbathing or driving carrying harsh penalties. Cruel and unusual punishments for people that have done nothing wrong. I used to think Australia would be a nice place to visit. I've been completely turned off. I've got a couple of pals who have decided to scrap their move there due to what's going on. They've settled on Canada instead.

I just hope the Governments in the UK don't bottle it (again).

16 minutes ago, Howard Marks said:

Bri, how much longer are the Aussies going to put up with these tyrannical measures? Or do they just accept them? It's been almost 18 months and folk are still under house arrest. Even during "peak covid" in Scotland (with a few high profile exceptions) I never felt we were living in a Police state as the Police almost enforced the measures reluctantly, with the head of the Police Federation openly admitting they did not have the resources to enforce what the Government wanted them to. Daft policing such as trying to stop a man from going surfing near his home soon fell by the wayside. Reports of "covid checkpoints" were proven to be utter bollocks.

From an outsider looking in it appears the Australian authorities are throwing everything at restricting people's movements and freedoms, with zero risk activities such as sunbathing or driving carrying harsh penalties. Cruel and unusual punishments for people that have done nothing wrong. I used to think Australia would be a nice place to visit. I've been completely turned off. I've got a couple of pals who have decided to scrap their move there due to what's going on. They've settled on Canada instead.

I just hope the Governments in the UK don't bottle it (again).

The tide is turning. There are protests more or less weekly in all cities, however the media is dead against them. Today folk gathered on the NSW and Queensland border and threatened to cross it, a crime more or less punishable by death these days. The feds in Melbourne said yesterday’s protest was the worst civil unrest in 20 years.  We’ll get there, it will take time and it may get ugly. The governments have been nothing short of authoritarian.

The sheer audacity the govt has to deny Aussies the right to come home but let loads of hamiltons in from Kabul just like that has really pissed people off.

Canada? If they’re hamiltons fine, otherwise not a move for your average honky these days.

• Upvote 1