Coronavirus

Henry

10 hours ago, CCB III said:

Point 1.) What is the point of private enterprise? To make profit. You seem very confident that for some reason, the NHS would be really well ran if privately owned or with further private involvement. It's bizarre when you consider the state of the rail, Mail and energy right now. These are glaring examples of the huge issue with privatisation. It needs funded on an as required basis as I said, not for profit. Profit will always put capital before people. The NHS needs more funding, it's really that simple. Not everything in the world has to be ran with capital interests. 

2.) OK, and the Dutch, Germans, French all have vastly superior public sectors. They've found a sweet spot between public and private markets. Namely because the psyche of their people is pretty different to ours.

In Britain, we're essentially still operating on the terms of class rule. Everything is open to capital to the detriment of people who need to use the service, so long as the capitalists are served and we stay servile. 

There's no evidence that bringing the NHS from public to private ownership will be anything than a fuckin disaster. 

Private companies are parasitical to our public sector. Namely because we have a government willing to let them in. 

37,000,000,000 on a failed track and trace is a great example of this. How much good could that misspent money have done for the NHS? 

37,000,000 and you could argue it's not that significant, but 37 BILLION. 

That's just what we know about as well. 

The nhs needs to start working more efficiently as well - would save time, resources and money. Like most (probably all) public sector, its miles behind the times, with working practices etc still being followed as 'this is how it's always been done'. Resistant to change is a massive issue in the public sector. Far too much bureaucracy from top to bottom, which ties up resources etc. 

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

I find it mad that the biggest god botherers on here are massive Tories. 

Religion is some laugh. 

We God botherers come in all shapes and sizes. Left, right, somewhere in between. Me, I'm a free marketer cos I think that 

efficient use of resources -> poor people being richer

But the God bothering is way more important than the economics.

12 hours ago, CCB III said:

“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me"

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Amen brother.

12 hours ago, tutankamun said:

They just won’t let it go, Zeus has already told us the pandemic is over FFS.

Scientists issue renewed calls for Covid isolation and masks to return this winter to 'protect the NHS' as study finds people are infectious for longer than expected

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11126515/amp/Face-masks-Scientists-issue-calls-Covid-isolation-return-winter-protect-NHS.html

Yes, scientists are saying that, they’re scientists. It’s not actually a surprise. 
In a similar way they wear masks when in operating theatres. Out of interest do you object to that practice?

It is up to our democratically elected politicians to analyse this information and consider the alternative view which am sure many will espouse and come to a recommendation. 

Hardly something to get your knickers in a twist about. 

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

We God botherers come in all shapes and sizes. Left, right, somewhere in between. Me, I'm a free marketer cos I think that 

Amen brother.

Sorry, am I reading this right?

an efficient use of resources is better than poor people being richer?

Seems awfully cold hearted and, well, unchristian. 

51 minutes ago, elephantstone78 said:

Yes, scientists are saying that, they’re scientists. It’s not actually a surprise. 
In a similar way they wear masks when in operating theatres. Out of interest do you object to that practice?

It is up to our democratically elected politicians to analyse this information and consider the alternative view which am sure many will espouse and come to a recommendation. 

I've heard the "operating theatre" argument countless times and it is a false equivalence. Surgical staff wear them to prevent them breathing over open wounds, etc. in a controlled environment. Such theatres also have clean room standards and mechanical ventilation systems that ensure multiple air change rates. Wearing a piece of cloth over your face in a shop or school classroom does not stop an airborne viral infection, it is a comfort blanket at best and toxic virtue signalling at worst. 

Given the (protein) spike in cases of myocarditis, pericarditis and other various cardiac issues arising since the jab rollouts (led by the company that paid the biggest criminal - not civil - fine in history, I might add) I think Tutankhamun, myself and others who have given the shots a wide berth have been vindicated. 

• Upvote 2
51 minutes ago, Jocky Balboa said:

I've heard the "operating theatre" argument countless times and it is a false equivalence. Surgical staff wear them to prevent them breathing over open wounds, etc. in a controlled environment. Such theatres also have clean room standards and mechanical ventilation systems that ensure multiple air change rates. Wearing a piece of cloth over your face in a shop or school classroom does not stop an airborne viral infection, it is a comfort blanket at best and toxic virtue signalling at worst. 

Given the (protein) spike in cases of myocarditis, pericarditis and other various cardiac issues arising since the jab rollouts (led by the company that paid the biggest criminal - not civil - fine in history, I might add) I think Tutankhamun, myself and others who have given the shots a wide berth have been vindicated. 

Trust me JB you haven’t. 

1 hour ago, Jocky Balboa said:

Deffo cardiovascular issues locally in our NHS unfortunately (my place of work).  Whether it’s covid or the jab who knows.  I’d hazard a guess it’s a mixture of both.  

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, elephantstone78 said:

Good god, where to start with this :laughing:

21 hours ago, CCB III said:

“If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me"

Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

9 hours ago, Ramandu said:

Amen brother.

Jesus H Christ, the God freaks have taken over the asylum. God help us all.

40 minutes ago, JakieBastard said:

I love that in Tutankamun we have our own Alex Jones - next to Jocky Balboa being the Steve Bannon figure. Coming from the same place but taking very different approaches

Appreciate you love it etc. But what’s your opinion on all the shit that’s been happening? Are you with me or against me? Or ambivalent? 

4 hours ago, Poodler said:

Do you doubt that cases of cardiac inflammation have risen in the post vaccine world? 

No. I was laughing at him referencing solely the vaccine, when the conditions he references are much more prevalent in people who've had covid, than people who have just had a vaccine. 

He's ignoring a much more likely cause and focussed on a less likely one as a justification for his stance.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1