Coronavirus

Henry

36 minutes ago, red kelly said:

https://rumble.com/v1klkcn-the-big-reset-movie-the-uncensored-documentary-about-the-truth-of-the-pande.html

what does embedded mean ?
shall i post off their names and address so you can console them ?
you forgot to name call. you know how i like the name call .
must do better.
deary me, the inflated egos in this place.

Genuine question, why do you have Christopher Hitchens as your profile pic?

He'd have loathed the shite you speak. 

3 hours ago, manboobs109 said:

I'm surprised you seem to like Christopher Hitchens tbh. Didn't think he'd be your sort of fella at all.

I don't agree with him on everything, particularly his defence of the Iraq war, which he defended until he died. 

He could also be quite tactless in dealing with opponents, particularly religious ones.

But, he went after the Clintons on their bullshit and appropriately challenged institutions like the Catholic Church. 

I respect him as a great orator and someone who could articulate themselves clearly, without hesitation, at any moment. A young Consi would often spend time watching his videos, and admiring him.

Not a particular hero of mine but he's certainly someone worth admiring. 

6 hours ago, CCB III said:

I don't agree with him on everything, particularly his defence of the Iraq war, which he defended until he died. 

He could also be quite tactless in dealing with opponents, particularly religious ones.

But, he went after the Clintons on their bullshit and appropriately challenged institutions like the Catholic Church. 

I respect him as a great orator and someone who could articulate themselves clearly, without hesitation, at any moment. A young Consi would often spend time watching his videos, and admiring him.

Not a particular hero of mine but he's certainly someone worth admiring. 

I'd have thought his chat about Islamofascism(sp) would've put you off him tbh.

I can imagine your reaction if someone came out with it on here.

57 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

I'd have thought his chat about Islamofascism(sp) would've put you off him tbh.

I can imagine your reaction if someone came out with it on here.

He's right to criticise Islam for all its fault, as well as the nations that use Sharia law to oppress its citizens. Islam, most of all, oppresses Muslim people, and it's quite right to criticise all the archaic, fundamentalist aspects within it, as you should with any religion. 

It's also worth considering these are very sacred, traditional beliefs, which are the bedrock off of which around a billion people live their lives, so one must tread carefully when it comes to critiquing it. Not incase you annoy a fundamentalist or something, but more so out of respect and decency for those who practice. That politeness, I accept, should only extend so far. If they want to practice their religion freely, as is their right, they should accept it should be allowed to be critiqued, just as freely and without violent retribution. 

The problem is a lot of the critique of Islam or Muslims in this country, comes from a very WASP POV. 

Often the greatest detractors of Islam are people who like to say things like "this is a white, Christian country." Ignoring the fact that Christianity has a huge history of oppression worldwide, as well as a history of fundamentalism. 

I mean, the same people, your Brit Nat types, won't bat an eye at Charles being proclaimed King by a Protestant God most our society doesn't believe in. Most of these types who love a Union Jack don't understand that British Colonialism, and all the violence and thuggish elements of it, were in fact essentially Protestant fundamentalism. The savages needed taught the correct way of our God, and those who didn't comply or those who were insolent, were punished. They'll happily take great pride in their Britishness without understanding the historical context of what that actually means. 

Im ok with people critiquing it from a secular POV, but many, many of the it's detractors are themselves, religious people who don't know the history of their own religion. 

For a good amount of people on here too, maybe not yourself as I've come to realise, it's an entirely racist endeavour. 

That's just my view on it. All types of religious fundamentalism are bad, but they are all to be considered and critiqued fairly and justly, many who critique Islam, in my view, are interested only in critiquing it and not the other religions. 

I think a lot of it is to do with the colour of skin of those who practice. 

Just an opinion.

24 minutes ago, CCB III said:

He's right to criticise Islam for all its fault, as well as the nations that use Sharia law to oppress its citizens. Islam, most of all, oppresses Muslim people, and it's quite right to criticise all the archaic, fundamentalist aspects within it, as you should with any religion. 

It's also worth considering these are very sacred, traditional beliefs, which are the bedrock off of which around a billion people live their lives, so one must tread carefully when it comes to critiquing it. Not incase you annoy a fundamentalist or something, but more so out of respect and decency for those who practice. That politeness, I accept, should only extend so far. If they want to practice their religion freely, as is their right, they should accept it should be allowed to be critiqued, just as freely and without violent retribution. 

The problem is a lot of the critique of Islam or Muslims in this country, comes from a very WASP POV. 

Often the greatest detractors of Islam are people who like to say things like "this is a white, Christian country." Ignoring the fact that Christianity has a huge history of oppression worldwide, as well as a history of fundamentalism. 

I mean, the same people, your Brit Nat types, won't bat an eye at Charles being proclaimed King by a Protestant God most our society doesn't believe in. Most of these types who love a Union Jack don't understand that British Colonialism, and all the violence and thuggish elements of it, were in fact essentially Protestant fundamentalism. The savages needed taught the correct way of our God, and those who didn't comply or those who were insolent, were punished. They'll happily take great pride in their Britishness without understanding the historical context of what that actually means. 

Im ok with people critiquing it from a secular POV, but many, many of the it's detractors are themselves, religious people who don't know the history of their own religion. 

For a good amount of people on here too, maybe not yourself as I've come to realise, it's an entirely racist endeavour. 

That's just my view on it. All types of religious fundamentalism are bad, but they are all to be considered and critiqued fairly and justly, many who critique Islam, in my view, are interested only in critiquing it and not the other religions. 

I think a lot of it is to do with the colour of skin of those who practice. 

Just an opinion.

So if me, an atheist, thinks it's not particularly clever to let loads of muslims come into Europe, is that OK?

7 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

So if me, an atheist, thinks it's not particularly clever to let loads of muslims come into Europe, is that OK?

It's not for me to say if it's OK or not, but denying people the freedom or right to live somewhere based on their religion is something that doesn't sit right with me, personally. 

What's your basis for that argument? 

2 hours ago, CCB III said:

It's not for me to say if it's OK or not, but denying people the freedom or right to live somewhere based on their religion is something that doesn't sit right with me, personally. 

What's your basis for that argument? 

people should just worship their own local god imo, be much easier that way

• Haha 3