Niall McGinn

Its nothing to do with "understanding" - its realism about how we operate as a club. Some people are getting a bit Championship Manager about this IMO.

Maybe he took a huge hit on his salary, I don't know or really care, but I don't see why you are all so convinced he did.

Do any of you have any evidence of this big wage cut?

Can you name 3 Aberdeen players in the last 3 years say that took significant wage cuts to stay at the club?

You're right we are just speculating but it's a reasonable thought process under the circumstances. I'm sure he didn't get a pay rise!

You really are an arrogant twit, completely incapable of proper conversation

Its ok though i'll stick you on block again, sadly as you post about a million snide wee posts a day it does tend to fuck up all the threads for everyone.

I wonder how many people have you on block right now?

Probably not as many have him on block as the amount he has said he has blocked & reported but hasn't.

I don't think there are many, if any. More full of shit than the tag team of this guy & BHL on this forum & probably in life in general

Its nothing to do with "understanding" - its realism about how we operate as a club. Some people are getting a bit Championship Manager about this IMO.

Reynolds clearly been moved from First Team Player to Squad Player IMO.

Possibly with an annual 5% wage increase, £250 appearance bonus and £500 clean sheet bonus.

• Upvote 1

Based on years of following our club.

Dont be obtuse or pedantic thats a bad habit from certain other posters.

Posters who in fact almost never evidence any of their posts but like to glibly demand it of everyone else.

No examples then.

I’ve been following the club for years too and I can’t think of any cases where details of contract negotiations were made public. Closest we got was Derek Whyte when he went bleating to the press about the reduced terms the club were offering

Anyway , I’ll just assume that you’re one of those folk that like to make negative comments about the club without any real grounds for doing so

• Upvote 1

No examples then.

I’ve been following the club for years too and I can’t think of any cases where details of contract negotiations were made public. Closest we got was Derek Whyte when he went bleating to the press about the reduced terms the club were offering

Anyway , I’ll just assume that you’re one of those folk that like to make negative comments about the club without any real grounds for doing so

I won't be providing examples anymore than the people insisting its a doddle to cut players salaries and it happens all the time aren't providing examples. Frankly its a discussion forum, I'm jsut forming an opinion same as anyone else and won't be wasting time trying to build evidence to satisfy the naysayers and nitpickers.

If you want an argument based on evidence only, not opinion, then lets see some from you then?

Deary me, pedants in all corners on here now.

I won't be providing examples anymore than the people insisting its a doddle to cut players salaries and it happens all the time aren't providing examples. Frankly its a discussion forum, I'm jsut forming an opinion same as anyone else and won't be wasting time trying to build evidence to satisfy the naysayers and nitpickers.

If you want an argument based on evidence only, not opinion, then lets see some from you then?

Deary me, pedants in all corners on here now.

You do take a holier than thou attitude for someone that talks as much shite as everyone else.

No examples then.

Ive been following the club for years too and I cant think of any cases where details of contract negotiations were made public. Closest we got was Derek Whyte when he went bleating to the press about the reduced terms the club were offering

It is obviously more than a little embarrassing, not to mention potentially bad for your future career, when you are offered a pay cut to stay on. You are essentially devalued as a player, by your own club.

Not something that you are going to go blabbing about, unless you are one thick cunt.

Maybe there is, I'm not saying there can't be, I just don't see any evidence of it other than people on here just deciding it MUST be the case.

My gut tells me there won't have been much of a cut. A few hundred quid maybe but nothing really significant.

If you reduce someone's salary by say 50%, that's serious shit right there. Its a serious impact on their lifestyle and on their family. Its not an easy conversation to have with an employee and not something good employers rush to do. We aren't the sort of club to play hard in contract negotiations IMO - and certainly not with established players, I think we prefer to look after people.

Reynolds was also still a regular in the squad at the rime of the renewal I seem to think, and we had lost Taylor and looked likely to need him more.

To my mind it all points to an extension on similarish wages, maybe a marginal reduction but nothing worth getting worked up about as if he must be taking a big cut.

But some people on here do like to argue the shit out of things they know nothing about instead of considering an alternative perspective for a moment or two.

Seems like you are asking people for examples (3 of them no less!) when your evidence is your gut. Now, not that I doubt your gut for one second but on this occasion it seems like millerman and Aberdeen1970etc appear to have the more logical argument. A decent length of contract essentially allowing you to see out your career in an area where your young family are settled and in return for this security you accept a lower wage.

I think Barry robson accepted a pay cut to stay on did he not?