Aberdeen sack Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, Simosmashed my knee said:

Callum Davidson also deserves a shout before McWinless

Genuinely think Callum Davidson just got extremely lucky. He was left a solid squad and shape from Tommy Wright and just kept them ticking over. Since he's attempted to put his own stamp on them they have turned to dogshit, all his signings are rotten and they have, unbelievably, become an even worse watch. 

6 hours ago, minijc said:

Absolute pish, his style of play and lack of a plan B means he's quickly get found out there, there's a couple of players that he'd hinder more than he would help.  The pulling power of Edinburgh over Aberdeen is laughable too, money talks and players go where the cash is, see Ojo for example. 

He qualified for Europe every year, lowest he finished was 4th and he finished 2nd more times than 4th

Dislike him all you like, but they are facts

He would be brilliant for hibs and as I say, a bigger pull for players as Edinburgh is more attractive a proposition than Aberdeen 

30 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He qualified for Europe every year, lowest he finished was 4th and he finished 2nd more times than 4th

He would be brilliant for hibs and as I say, a bigger pull for players as Edinburgh is more attractive a proposition than Aberdeen 

Since when?

Given that I know a couple of agents, the different cities having a pull is a load of shite, it's cash and working environment, unfortunately for Deeker his stock is a lot low than he thinks it is and there's a lot of players at other clubs who think his style and methods are outdated.  

5 hours ago, minijc said:

Since when?

Given that I know a couple of agents, the different cities having a pull is a load of shite, it's cash and working environment, unfortunately for Deeker his stock is a lot low than he thinks it is and there's a lot of players at other clubs who think his style and methods are outdated.  

Lol

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Millertime said:

I’m not exactly a betting man, but I’d be prepared to put a lot of money on he wouldn’t finish 2nd at Hibs.

Indeed, I’d wager he’ll never hit those heights ever again in Scotland

40 minutes ago, minijc said:

Please remind me how many times we QUALIFIED for Europe, thanks.

Desperately shifting the goal posts to make it look like he did a shite job. I just dont get it. Aberdeen have been crap for 30 years and were pretty much crap before Fergie came in too, why do we have to look back on one of the only periods where we have been decent and try to make it look shite.

Folk need to look forward and stop talking about the guy every day but it's just so odd the sheer hatred so many seem to have for a guy who took a terrible Aberdeen side who were stuck in 9th every season and made them competitive. Even at our absolutely most horrendous worst, which was bad, we finished 4th. I'll be stunned if we are close to that in the first season he's away.

What is it that makes everyone so bitter?

• Upvote 4
7 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Desperately shifting the goal posts to make it look like he did a shite job. I just dont get it. Aberdeen have been crap for 30 years and were pretty much crap before Fergie came in too, why do we have to look back on one of the only periods where we have been decent and try to make it look shite.

Folk need to look forward and stop talking about the guy every day but it's just so odd the sheer hatred so many seem to have for a guy who took a terrible Aberdeen side who were stuck in 9th every season and made them competitive. Even at our absolutely most horrendous worst, which was bad, we finished 4th. I'll be stunned if we are close to that in the first season he's away.

The fact he stayed too long. The fact he was flashing his knickers at the huns. The fact he was arrogant and believed he was above any criticism. The fact he was on a colossal wage.

He was a very good manager for Aberdeen. It's just a shame he didn't leave a couple of years earlier. There'd be very little bitterness towards him if he had done. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The fact he stayed too long. The fact he was flashing his knickers at the huns. The fact he was arrogant and believed he was above any criticism. The fact he was on a colossal wage.

He was a very good manager for Aberdeen. It's just a shame he didn't leave a couple of years earlier. There'd be very little bitterness towards him if he had done. 

That's about it spot on.

23 minutes ago, Parklife said:

2 years earlier. So you think he should have left the season after finishing 2nd ahead of Rangers and a strong Hearts and Hibs? Realistically why would he do that? He believed in himself and the club, he's hardly going to walk away from it. 

It's really just all about the fact he spoke to Rangers isn't it? It's a shame that happened because even though he turned them down and wanted to stay with us, during the long long process I think a lot of people turned on him and never really came back onside. 

It was time to go but I'll never understand the bitterness. A lot of good wins, good games and boozy away days under McInnes. I can't be arsed attending any games at the moment... but was the same at the end of his reign ana!

Looks like Hibs won’t be appointing the most boring manager in football at the moment….what next for The Anchor Man? It really has been a major disappointment for him since Cormack fired him and his ego from his position of power at Aberdeen FC. 
I suggest he gets a job as an undertaker…..he has that sullen, sorry, dour look about him. He would be marvellous for that role. 

13 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

2 years earlier. So you think he should have left the season after finishing 2nd ahead of Rangers and a strong Hearts and Hibs? Realistically why would he do that? He believed in himself and the club, he's hardly going to walk away from it. 

Nah. He should've left after we finished below Kilmarnock. It was clear as day that we were regressing and that he didn't seem able to halt the regression. 

It's really just all about the fact he spoke to Rangers isn't it?

No, not IMO. While some fans will never have given him a chance after that, the principal cause of the bitterness many have towards him is because he stayed too long. 

It was time to go but I'll never understand the bitterness. A lot of good wins, good games and boozy away days under McInnes. I can't be arsed attending any games at the moment... but was the same at the end of his reign ana!

I think you'll not understand it because you're dismissing the reasons I've given for it, which are based on conversations I've had with loads of folk on it. 

McInnes was a brilliant manager for Aberdeen in the early days. I've never enjoyed going to games as much as I did from 2014-2016. 

The teams decline (certainly in terms of style) and his growing arrogance that he was above criticism grated on people though. When you're getting paid £10+k a week, have a bigger budget than teams who've finished above you & play eye-bleeding football, yet still act arrogantly, the fans aren't going to be too chuffed. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nah. He should've left after we finished below Kilmarnock. It was clear as day that we were regressing and that he didn't seem able to halt the regression. 

No, not IMO. While some fans will never have given him a chance after that, the principal cause of the bitterness many have towards him is because he stayed too long. 

I think you'll not understand it because you're dismissing the reasons I've given for it, which are based on conversations I've had with loads of folk on it. 

McInnes was a brilliant manager for Aberdeen in the early days. I've never enjoyed going to games as much as I did from 2014-2016. 

The teams decline (certainly in terms of style) and his growing arrogance that he was above criticism grated on people though. When you're getting paid £10+k a week, have a bigger budget than teams who've finished above you & play eye-bleeding football, yet still act arrogantly, the fans aren't going to be too chuffed. 

He was never going to leave after that season though. He had to back himself to do better, we still had a very good squad. Most managers don't walk away from a job like that, they just eventually get sacked. Thats just what happens. A manager will always back themselves to turn it around. 

That last line I won't dispute. The football was crap, his arrogance was high yet he didn't sound as confident as he had done before, his salary was through the roof and there was no excuse to finish below Killie and Motherwell. I agree there. Thats why I wanted him to leave, but I certainly don't hold the personal bitterness towards him.

What pisses me off this season is I actually thought he left behind the nuclease of a good team to work with in 21/22. Lewis, Considine, McCrorie, Ferguson, McGeouch, Hedges and the 2 full backs coming through. Decent money to spend after selling McKenna & Cosgrove and most of the dross were out of contract. But that's changing the subject!

Your points are taken.

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Not shifting the goalposts, he never qualified for Europe, he got us in to the qualifiers for it, that's it!  shat the bed numerous times, not to mention the fact he was off to Sunderland and Rangers x 2 whilst still contracted to us.

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Not shifting the goalposts, he never qualified for Europe, he got us in to the qualifiers for it, that's it!  shat the bed numerous times, not to mention the fact he was off to Sunderland and Rangers x 2 whilst still contracted to us.

Aye thats fair enough. Although its not like we ever lost to a team we were ever close to in terms of budget... but you'd like to think in at least one of those seasons we could have punched high and got through. 

Turned them both down. I'd love it if we get another manager who gets approached by the old firm or a championship team.... purely cause they must be doing a good job! who would have come in for glass, brown, mcghee, calderwood, patterson, skovdahl, alex miller or aitken. nae cunt. Only one close would be King Jimmy.... rest assured he'd have been offski! Mcinnes must regret not taking the huns job... although I doubt he would have got away with 1 trophy out of 9 like Gerrard did