"Jet" signs

3 hours ago, G31DON said:

His pass that lead to the second goal was amazing though. Good controlled hit by Ramirez, corner turned into a goal. 

The lad has talent but his decision making is poor, he seems to hold on to the ball too long or runs up blind alleys and gets crowded out by the defenders.

On the other hand though, maybe we have been too influenced by DMC tactics over the last decade where every player needs to track runners.

As mentioned above, he's capable of opening up a packed defence with a touch and a pass, something we have been missing for a few years now.

I'd keep him in the team and find a system that allows him to do his thing.

Watching the highlights. That is some ball to Ramirez to win our second corner where we scored. Skins two and plays an unreal pass with his weak foot. 

I quite like him. He’s never going to chase things and work hard so it’s up to Glass to pick the games where he’s suited. 

20 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

He’s never going to chase things and work hard so it’s up to Glass to pick the games where he’s suited. 

Needing another striker in there if that's the case. Seems to favour the 2 up front (which is refreshing after what we've went through the last couple of years)

5 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Just as well he had a good debut. Has been plum since.

Though in his defence, I would question if he's fully fit.

Needing a couple goals for confidence. Hopefully Sunday.

Fingers crossed.

Get into scoring positions under Livi's radar, and apply the finishing.

Then perhaps he can really take off.

Think the quality of his engine is definitely up for debate tho.

6 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Watching the highlights. That is some ball to Ramirez to win our second corner where we scored. Skins two and plays an unreal pass with his weak foot. 

I quite like him. He’s never going to chase things and work hard so it’s up to Glass to pick the games where he’s suited. 

That was class.

But by fuck the rest of the package is nae easy to warm to.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Let JET take the minutes in the next three games because he shouldn't be anywhere near the team in Cyprus/Azerbaijan 

The guys that do the bulk of the running in this team are the two full backs and the two more advanced midfielders. 

Those would be the positions you might want to play around with re changes. Though I'd avoid resting Ramsay at the moment, his streak of form is too good. Start him then take him off later if he's tired. 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The guys that do the bulk of the running in this team are the two full backs and the two more advanced midfielders. 

Those would be the positions you might want to play around with re changes. Though I'd avoid resting Ramsay at the moment, his streak of form is too good. Start him then take him off later if he's tired. 

I agree with you totally on this one. 

When Ramsay needs rested, it's more likely to be mental tiredness rather than physical tiredness he's suffering. But he will need careful managing as his body is still filling out and overplaying him will risk him suffering injuries. But for now he's doing just fine

Just now, Ten Caat said:

I agree with you totally on this one. 

When Ramsay needs rested, it's more likely to be mental tiredness rather than physical tiredness he's suffering. But he will need careful managing as his body is still filling out and overplaying him will risk him suffering injuries. But for now he's doing just fine

Aye. That's where Gurr comes in. Can come on as a sub and keep the energy levels high when Ramsay needs a break after setting up a couple of goals. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

His record always told us he’d not score many.

2013/14 was the last time he got double figures in the league

He can barely run & in most games he’s a complete luxury. 

I was never expecting him to scores loads for us. Like you say, his record doesn't back this up.

What I had hoped for was consistent meaningful contribution,  but that was perhaps naive of me, as again his record doesn't back that up and probably explains why he's had a journeyman career.

I think he's shit, and luxury player and like I said on another thread it'll be a miracle if the management team get a tune out of him.

Hope I'm wrong though. 

I said I didn't want him at the time his signing was rumoured to be imminent.

When it came to pass, I said despite my misgivings, he would have my full support.

After a decent start, his performances have waned dramatically. You can see he has raw talent, but he's now getting caught in possession far too often. And of course he's about as mobile as a Boeing 747 going round the Monaco Grand Prix circuit. 

He's been a waste of a jersey the past 3 matches. My support for him is diminishing rapidly

48 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I was never expecting him to scores loads for us. Like you say, his record doesn't back this up.

What I had hoped for was consistent meaningful contribution,  but that was perhaps naive of me, as again his record doesn't back that up and probably explains why he's had a journeyman career.

I think he's shit, and luxury player and like I said on another thread it'll be a miracle if the management team get a tune out of him.

Hope I'm wrong though. 

This. 

living up to reputation of being a lazy cunt. If this is the effort level in the summer imagine what we’ll get on a freezing mid week in January. 

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I said I didn't want him at the time his signing was rumoured to be imminent.

When it came to pass, I said despite my misgivings, he would have my full support.

After a decent start, his performances have waned dramatically. You can see he has raw talent, but he's now getting caught in possession far too often. And of course he's about as mobile as a Boeing 747 going round the Monaco Grand Prix circuit. 

He's been a waste of a jersey the past 3 matches. My support for him is diminishing rapidly

I also said he was a poor lazy signing, but now he’s in a Dons shirt, I hoped he would prove me wrong.

He seriously needs to up his work ethic though.