"Jet" signs

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s a luxury player.

Maybe ok at home to Ross County, etc.

But in a game like Qarabag away, where you don’t have much possession, he’s no use. It’s the lack of squad depth that means we didn’t have much choice.

We need that sorted

McLennan is no use but he was better than JET tonight when he came on. 

Cormack needs to start walking the walk. 

Yup, he'll be fine for certain types of games where we have a lot of possession and are trying to break teams down. When he's not too rushed on the ball and has the opportunity to produce a bit of magic. Play him in those kind of games and he'll do fine.

Play him in games where we have minority possession and are having to do a lot of running around after the ball, and where we desperately need to just hold on to it when we've got it, and he will be pretty much like a man down (like last night).

It's up to Glass to realise this, and he should as it's obvious to everyone else. The problem is at the moment he has very few other options. McLennan is the alternative at the moment and the only advantage he has is that he can run around a bit more. The knock on effect is that Ramirez looks utterly useless in the games where JET is ineffective because Ramirez has to do extra leg work chasing the ball and isn't getting any service. I think Ramirez could be an excellent signing, but he needs a strike partner with a bit more energy and pace (certainly in some games - JET has proven he can be an effective partner in the types of games mentioned above). A Martin Boyle type player is required - not sure who Plan B or C are but we need them in fast.

8 hours ago, Roberto said:

1 in 5 player.

If Glass can get any kind of consistent performance from him he'll be massive.

Not an out and out ststrststriststrststrikststrststriststrststrikeststrststriststrststrikststrststriststrststriker .... fuck happened there? ... but his hold up play, through balls, strength, and vision make him ideal in behind the main striker. 

He did good work out on the right, but I'd assign him as Trequartista behind Ramirez and the brilliant young striker we bring in once we've qualified past this Qarabag shower of shite.

• 5 months later...

I was incredulous when our interest in him was announced in the press last summer. Surely it had to be a pile of made up shite.

Sadly it was all true and I said despite my misgivings he would have my full support.

The club would now have my full support in paying up the remainder of his contract and getting him to fuck out now. He's blocking the path of one of our young loons. Who may or may not be any better but at least no matter what they'll run around and give you 100% effort

• Upvote 1
On 5/18/2021 at 5:11 PM, Poodler said:

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say he will be no use up here. Few reasons 

?

The nwkali/ zola approach. Difficult to get a good days work out of

aberdeen shouldn’t be signing players who have played their peak years in Thailand