"Jet" signs

Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Has Willie Miller had any blow-back regarding his ‘reggae singer’ comment on sportsound? 

Others have been cancelled for far less!

Usual SocMed faux outrage. Nothing WM said is untrue or offensive. Should have went further imho and called him a washed up Rhythm and Blues mofo

On 1/25/2022 at 10:36 PM, RedArmyFakshun said:

Stop pishing your pants

JET is a technically gifted player that is ill suited to the rush and tumble of the scottish game

and the English game and every other game involving rapid movement - great feet, shame about the rest. I was hopeful when he signed but it hasn’t worked as it didn’t most everywhere else for him. Need to accept reality. 

On 1/25/2022 at 9:47 PM, King Street Loon said:

Get this overweight, lazy and useless cunt away from this club.

Easily one of the worst ever employed by Aberdeen.

Thirded.

Any time he gets a start, it's like we're playing with 10 men.

He's a complete and utter mercenary who doesn't give two fucks about our club but is only too happy to milk us dry.

Up there with the likes of Kiriakov and O'Neil who both gave fuck all in return for their hefty wages.

4 hours ago, Dynamo said:

The condition of 'JET' is nothing short of a disgrace and says a lot bout Glass' standards if he plays him in that shape. 

Aye I thought we were supposed to have a fitness revolution when this idiot came in, given how fat and shit we got under McHun? 

On 5/18/2021 at 5:25 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

I’m happy with this, he’s a big powerful guy who also has considerable skill. Glass is at least building a team that isn’t going to be bullied and pushed around like the feeble lot we have been watching.

On 5/18/2021 at 5:26 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

Too many expert fans who probably haven’t been to a game in years. The type that support Man U as well as Aberdeen.

On 5/18/2021 at 5:56 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

I can confidently predict that he will be better than Main.

On 5/18/2021 at 6:32 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

Not in the slightest. I think it’s a good signing and Glass is building a solid spine of players who won’t be bullied or pushed about. Sorry if that doesn’t fit whatever agenda you have.

The proof that you know absolutely fuck all about football.

Mate.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

JET is an enigma. A daft signing, that didn’t fit in with “Gunner’s” strategy. 

We’d have been better off signing Mark Yardley or Charlie Barbour.

So far I can only recall 2 games of note. The very first game against the Swedes and then when he came on vs Hearts I think, and rummeled them up.  That’s far from being enough.

Had he being doing the latter consistently, a real impact sub, I’d have been “fair enough”…..probably….maybe.

I’m no Einstein to say he looks the sort that will naturally put on the beef. It happens. But that can be overcome by working like fuck, extra sessions, proper diet. Some players you just know will pile on the beef as soon as they retire, but they work hard enough to hold their own whilst playing.

Very poor on the part of JET himself and back room that they’ve not been able to get him fitter.

He actually now looks less fit than he did with Livvy when he rummeled us up. Not too difficult at that time to be fair.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

So in summary when fit he can rummel folk up.

so we’ve let him become unfit and don’t play him to rummel folk up or indeed apparently do anything except swig yet more lucazade on the bench.

He won't get fit mate. I'm confident to predict. It won't happen now.

I used to enjoy a good rummel as much as the next man to be fair, but the wife's feedback is I'm far fae matchfit and a swig o' lucazade is as much as I'm getting.

3 hours ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

JET is an enigma. A daft signing, that didn’t fit in with “Gunner’s” strategy. 

We’d have been better off signing Mark Yardley or Charlie Barbour.

So far I can only recall 2 games of note. The very first game against the Swedes and then when he came on vs Hearts I think, and rummeled them up.  That’s far from being enough.

Had he being doing the latter consistently, a real impact sub, I’d have been “fair enough”…..probably….maybe.

I’m no Einstein to say he looks the sort that will naturally put on the beef. It happens. But that can be overcome by working like fuck, extra sessions, proper diet. Some players you just know will pile on the beef as soon as they retire, but they work hard enough to hold their own whilst playing.

Very poor on the part of JET himself and back room that they’ve not been able to get him fitter.

He actually now looks less fit than he did with Livvy when he rummeled us up. Not too difficult at that time to be fair.

Need it explained to me what this guys role actually is in football terms. Is he doing deals? How the fuck is he qualified to do it?

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

HR graduate isn't he? 

So recruitment processes would be in his tool bag

We all know football is a different type of industry tho

9 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Need it explained to me what this guys role actually is in football terms. Is he doing deals? How the fuck is he qualified to do it?

For an explanation, there's a bit of a queue on that one.

My view is he's good at:-

booking hotels for Euro runs

half decent on HR matters

proficient at cutting and pasting strategy documents from other clubs and churning them through Google Translate. 

Great at Football Manager and spotting talent on there.

And most importantly, would class at saying YES to his boss.

• Haha 1