Calvin Ramsay

20 minutes ago, Millertime said:

As opposed to a grown man trying to convince people he is "in the know" re the workings of a Scottish football team, aye?

I don't need to convince anyone.

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

But isn't that why there is so much interest?

Because there's so much potential once he develops physically. 

Meanwhile he's already shown that he can be effective creatively from the right back position at a good level despite the fact he is clearly still developing physically. 

Absolutely.

4 hours ago, Millertime said:

Kinda is though

He still can't last 90 mins and has been pretty dodgy since returning

He has fantastic potential, but that's it

How many games has he started in this his debut season where he hasn’t ‘lasted’ 90 mins? 

He’s 18 & running back to front all games. 
it is quite normal for a young lad in his position to take time to get up to game fitness. Something your pal Patterson never had to do as he was never played enough.

Also. His stats show it isn’t just potential & ‘that’s it’ you fkn pleb

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

But isn't that why there is so much interest?

Because there's so much potential once he develops physically. 

Meanwhile he's already shown that he can be effective creatively from the right back position at a good level despite the fact he is clearly still developing physically. 

100%, yes

He looks to be a potential superstar 

But his physicals are worrying and the last 2 performances were iffy

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

100%, yes

He looks to be a potential superstar 

But his physicals are worrying and the last 2 performances were iffy

His physicals aren’t worrying in the slightest. Not even anything questionable about an 18 year old FB being managed to avoid burn out whilst maturing.

FB/WB is the most demanding position physically on a football player. You are just desperate to find ‘flaws or weaknesses’ you sad hun

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How many games has he started in this his debut season where he hasn’t ‘lasted’ 90 mins? 

He’s 18 & running back to front all games. 
it is quite normal for a young lad in his position to take time to get up to game fitness. Something your pal Patterson never had to do as he was never played enough 

Lets see if he gets a start in any everton games. I think they have had a look at him in training and instantly thought, we have fucked up here.....

6 minutes ago, pocrawred said:

Lets see if he gets a start in any everton games. I think they have had a look at him in training and instantly thought, we have fucked up here.....

Patterson is a good player. 

But its a big ask for a young lad that's been a back up in the Scottish league to step in and be first choice immediately in the English Premier league at a club who are in a bit of bother at the bottom.  The easy option would be to play one of the two other right backs they have who are experienced guys. 

Will be interesting to see if Ferguson picks him but it's definitely not without risk. 

1 hour ago, pocrawred said:

No chance. He may be an ex hun but Patterson is the real deal. He's got a few defensive frailties the same as Ramsay has but they'll be ironed out with experience

He's new to their squad and Everton's form is unquestionably that of relegation candidates. So he might not get a regular start this season at least until they secure their league status. I think they will though it will be uncomfortably close in the end.

Give him a full pre-season with them and I expect Patterson to be their starting right back from the get go next season

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

No chance. He may be an ex hun but Patterson is the real deal. He's got a few defensive frailties the same as Ramsay has but they'll be ironed out with experience

He's new to their squad and Everton's form is unquestionably that of relegation candidates. So he might not get a regular start this season at least until they secure their league status. I think they will though it will be uncomfortably close in the end.

Give him a full pre-season with them and I expect Patterson to be their starting right back from the get go next season

Don’t think Everton have ever been relegated have they? One of the few clubs down there not to have been?

Only us and the Tim’s holding that accolade up here. Oh and Sevco who’ve never actually been relegated despite spending half their life in the lower divisions 

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, NEM said:

Don’t think Everton have ever been relegated have they? One of the few clubs down there not to have been?

Only us and the Tim’s holding that accolade up here. Oh and Sevco who’ve never actually been relegated despite spending half their life in the lower divisions 

Everton were relegated in 1951.

No. I don't remember this happening. :nono:

It's in the history books.

No English clubs have avoided being relegated from the top league.

30 minutes ago, NEM said:

Rangers were never relegated either, and obviously never will be now that they no longer exist. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

Everton were relegated in 1951.

No. I don't remember this happening. :nono:

It's in the history books.

No English clubs have avoided being relegated from the top league.

Maybe the longest run in the top flight then? 

1 hour ago, don corleone said:

Rangers were never relegated either, and obviously never will be now that they no longer exist. 

Aye I wasn’t sure if Third Lanark had been demoted either so left dead clubs out ?

14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

His physicals aren’t worrying in the slightest. Not even anything questionable about an 18 year old FB being managed to avoid burn out whilst maturing.

FB/WB is the most demanding position physically on a football player. You are just desperate to find ‘flaws or weaknesses’ you sad hun

? how long have you been on this forum, come on min ?

18 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

You would think if they bought him for 12 million he would be in the team ahead of the kenny boy who was on loan at Celtic last year who to be honest looked ok but nothing special for them 

3 minutes ago, thurso said:

You would think if they bought him for 12 million he would be in the team ahead of the kenny boy who was on loan at Celtic last year who to be honest looked ok but nothing special for them 

Have you seen the prices for players down in England lately min? 

A bog standard premier league player can easily fetch a price of 20 million. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye but Duncan Ferguson is in charge.

He has as much intelligence as his pigeons. 

I thought he hated anything to do with the rangers or was that the old lot 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Have you seen the prices for players down in England lately min? 

A bog standard premier league player can easily fetch a price of 20 million. 

In that case we should ask for more than £20 million for ramsay as he’s far from bog standard