Calvin Ramsay

39 minutes ago, Watson Oh The Bar! Scanlon Yes! said:

If I understand correctly, he’s another 2.5 years left, contract expires in summer 2024.

You’re right, the value generally tapers off the closer in to expiry. I don't think that tapering off pattern would start to kick in until say about a year from now.

I’d fully expect us to cash in the chips in either this window or next, but wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the latter. We’re a selling club, like the vast vast majority in football, but equally, it doesn’t feel like there’s a burning platform in terms of finances…one aspect DC has got right in my view.

I think if someone offers £x and a loan back to the end of the season, that”ll be the sweet spot that’ll be of interest to us…saves panicking about a replacement in the short term.

what the £x is, who knows!

like some have suggested here, I don't think he’ll sign a new contract though. He’s already done that I think.

You're an absolutely superb poster

Superb

18 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

You don't say, pal.

18 is very young to be upping sticks to live abroad on your own but he's maybe mature beyond his years and can handle that. Aaron Hickey has.

18? Is it fuck. 

Choice of going to Italy, brilliant city, food and women. If he fails he’ll end up back at some mid table English pish side. 

Get out there and smell some pants would be my advice to the boy. 

4 minutes ago, 1903Fitba said:

18? Is it fuck. 

Choice of going to Italy, brilliant city, food and women. If he fails he’ll end up back at some mid table English pish side. 

Maybe Auld shagger Broon could take a wee stint out in Bologna. Calvin could be his wing man on a night oot, and take his cast offs.

3 hours ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I think the club will hold firm this month but he’ll be sold in the summer. At this stage accepting an offer with no other right back available would be incompetent. 

Like it’s been said above we’re a selling club we can only hope we get a good offer. Hopefully come the summer he’s still hot property. If you compare him with the boy Doig at Hibs who was getting bids in for him last season and now I honestly couldn’t tell you what kind of a season he’s having.

Glass/Cormack have already shown great incompetence as far as transfers go. Nothing they can do will surprise me

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

You're an absolutely superb poster

Superb

Thanks Mr Millertime. You seem very insightful & far too intellectual to be on here.

oops wrong log in account. MT you twat

8 hours ago, 1903Fitba said:

18? Is it fuck. 

By that logic go to latin america and start smashin lol. Not sure what his little gf would think of all this hehe

14 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

And you think his agent won't stipulate that it has to include an automatic release fee clause?

I'd think he would and set it at something like £4million

The best money we are going to get for him comes with his current contract and within the next 6 months

Well I’ll be honest I thought his contract was until 2025. 

Who’s to say he wants to leave yet and won’t sign a new contract the lads not long turned 18 not every person that age wants to leave home. All this talk of release clauses to one could be inserted in the clubs favour not just his 

15 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Ah right

So what's Morelos worth?

And drop the attitude, no need

(Ps, you're wrong here and thus,  should realise it and stop answering )

Iv no idea what he’s worth and I don’t care as he plays for the rangers and I don’t know why you keep bringing them up. 

I’ll put it this way if you had a house and it was worth £200,000 and someone offered you £50,00 would you think ah that must be what it’s worth I’ll accept that. 

No you wouldn’t

your wrong now like always, name one time you were ever right and didn’t just go quite on the discussion when you realised you were talking shit 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Iv no idea what he’s worth and I don’t care as he plays for the rangers and I don’t know why you keep bringing them up. 

I’ll put it this way if you had a house and it was worth £200,000 and someone offered you £50,00 would you think ah that must be what it’s worth I’ll accept that. 

No you wouldn’t your wrong now like always name one time you were ever right and didn’t just go quite on the discussion 

First of all, wow

Wow to that reply

If you advertised your house properly and after a normal amount of time the highest offer you got was 50k then, yes, that's what it's worth

Want to try again?

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Especially if they want £15m for Aaron hickey 

Ffs do they really? That is just ridiculous audacity. 
A LB that has 2 far better players ahead of him at international level verses a RB that has one that is basically only ahead of him because he was a hun & is 2 years older than him & will very likely surpass him in the near future once at a bigger club/league also. At very least Ramsay/Patterson will be competing at RB in similar ways to Tierney/Robertson at LB & either one of them could also play more advanced roles so could technically end both playing together on right at times

2 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ffs do they really? That is just ridiculous audacity. 
A LB that has 2 far better players ahead of him at international level verses a RB that has one that is basically only ahead of him because he was a hun & is 2 years older than him & will very likely surpass him in the near future once at a bigger club/league also. At very least Ramsay/Patterson will be competing at RB in similar ways to Tierney/Robertson at LB & either one of them could also play more advanced roles so could technically end both playing together on right at times

I think that's a flawed argument. 

Comparing Tierney and Robertson with Patterson to arrive at a value for Hickey and Ramsay? 

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

First of all, wow

Wow to that reply

If you advertised your house properly and after a normal amount of time the highest offer you got was 50k then, yes, that's what it's worth

Want to try again?

Who said it was the highest offer I just said someone offered you £50,000 

your reckoning tho is that’s what someone offered so that’s what its worth.