Calvin Ramsay

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Lol. That’s a helluva fucking huge leap ?

Not really.  Pretty direct comparison actually. 

Bale was played at left back as a teenager but was brilliant going forward and creating chances,  shit at defending. 

Ramsay has similar attributes. 

Lots of young players end up playing different positions as seniors than they did as juniors. 

God himself started as a striker. 

Josh Magennis was a goalie ffs. 

Could list countless players who made positional conversions as they developed into adults. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Not really.  Pretty direct comparison actually. 

Bale was played at left back as a teenager but was brilliant going forward and creating chances,  shit at defending. 

Ramsay has similar attributes. 

Lots of young players end up playing different positions as seniors than they did as juniors. 

God himself started as a striker. 

Josh Magennis was a goalie ffs. 

Could list countless players who made positional conversions as they developed into adults. 

Yeah. He was FB until around he was about  20/21 & he took free kicks which is where most of his few goals came from for Southampton. (1 in 10 average roughly)

Harry Rednapp was the genius that brought out his more attacking game & advanced him up to winger.

Hopefully similar happens with either of Patterson or Ramsay & both can play together for Scotland in future as RB/wingers

Both young players still learning game (especially defensively) & both players strengths are more so in attack but it is a tough ask for any young players to be fully accomplished in both defence & attack as a FB. 

Future is certainly bright for both players though 

It’s a real pity Gurr was so shite as it would have been good to see Ramsay get more games further up pitch. Still a good learning curve for him all the same.

Maybe Glass could slip Campbell into RB role (he’s done well filling that role before) & it could be a good way for Campbell to get more established in team. Otherwise he will continue to be a bit part player for Aberdeen.

Wouldn’t be worst idea to transform Campbell into a RB. 

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

You're trying too hard now....

I don’t think it’s too ridiculous or much of a stretch. Campbell could be a decent RB IMO 

& if we’re being honest, I genuinely don’t see him being a permanent fixture for Aberdeen in midfield, so if he wants to become a regular starter, maybe a change of position to RB could be his way of doing so. 

LB certainly isn’t his side though for sure but he could be as good as Logan (at his best) was for us at RB

12 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah. He was FB until around he was about  20/21 & he took free kicks which is where most of his few goals came from for Southampton. (1 in 10 average roughly)

Harry Rednapp was the genius that brought out his more attacking game & advanced him up to winger.

Hopefully similar happens with either of Patterson or Ramsay & both can play together for Scotland in future as RB/wingers

Both young players still learning game (especially defensively) & both players strengths are more so in attack but it is a tough ask for any young players to be fully accomplished in both defence & attack as a FB. 

Future is certainly bright for both players though 

Aye. 

Despite Millertime using it as effective bait he's got a valid point. Ramsay struggles to sustain 90 minutes as an attacking full back. 

We struggle to create at the top end of the pitch and that's his best attribute.  The boy comes alive when he gets the ball up the pitch. Can beat a man as well. 

I'd rather use him where we can get the best out of him, hurting other teams for 90 minutes.  I'm nae even sure he likes defending, he wants to be where the action is I think. 

On top of that I think he's wasted as a right back at our level. Far too good to play there for us. 

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

I don’t think it’s too ridiculous or much of a stretch. Campbell could be a decent RB IMO 

& if we’re being honest, I genuinely don’t see him being a permanent fixture for Aberdeen in midfield, so if he wants to become a regular starter, maybe a change of position to RB could be his way of doing so. 

He is a poor left back and he is left footed

So, no, he can't play right back

3 hours ago, shut up meg said:

really?

Really?

REALLY?

Aberdeen 0 Lokomotiv Tashkent 2: Dons pair Ryan Christie and Kenny McLean  lucky to avoid injury in hot-tempered clash in Dubai

He says he’s ‘rarely wrong’ about players like he is some kind of visionary but (in all honesty) when you say pretty much all Aberdeen young players are shite you generally cannot be proven wrong that many times. He is playing loaded dice with his comments because if we were a club with even as good as 50/50 record of producing top talent then we wouldn’t be an ‘also ran’ club. 

As soon as we have any kind of decent potential talent he genuinely hates it & spends his whole time trying to devalue them, both financially & in ability. Most notably with McKenna & now Ramsay.

Millertime is a real fkn specimen. A genuinely bitter weegie cunt. His insecurities rgds anything positive of our youth potential talent could be excused if he came out & admitted his hun loving tendencies & hatred of Aberdeen (the city mostly)but he won’t do it because he is so engrossed in his world with us. 

‘I am rarely wrong about players’ ? what an absolute wank stain ? a genuine contender for cunt of the century (impressive given we are 22 years in) 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He says he’s ‘rarely wrong’ about players like he is some kind of visionary but (in all honesty) when you say pretty much all Aberdeen young players are shite you generally cannot be proven wrong that many times. He is playing loaded dice with his comments because if we were a club with even as good as 50/50 record of producing top talent then we wouldn’t be an ‘also ran’ club. 

As soon as we have any kind of decent potential talent he genuinely hates it & spends his whole time trying to devalue them, both financially & in ability. Most notably with McKenna & now Ramsay.

Millertime is a real fkn specimen. A genuinely bitter weegie cunt. His insecurities rgds anything positive of our youth potential talent could be excused if he came out & admitted his hun loving tendencies & hatred of Aberdeen (the city mostly)but he won’t do it because he is so engrossed in his world with us. 

‘I am rarely wrong about players’ ? what an absolute wank stain ? a genuine contender for cunt of the century (impressive given we are 22 years in) 

I think he’s just ‘got your number’ in the foruming world ?

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, shut up meg said:

really?

Really?

REALLY?

Aberdeen 0 Lokomotiv Tashkent 2: Dons pair Ryan Christie and Kenny McLean  lucky to avoid injury in hot-tempered clash in Dubai

Haha what an utterly bizarre career that little man has had

He was then loaned to Aberdeen in January 2018.[11][12]

In summer 2018, he joined Polish club Raków Częstochowa but after just two appearances in all competitions, he left the club due to personal reasons.[13]

On 22 January 2019, Kalmar FF announced that they had signed Nwakali on a four-year contract.[14] In February 2020 Nwakali was sacked from Kalmar FF over his failure to return on time from Christmas break [15]

On 21 May, Nwakali traveled to the remote Faroe Islands for a trial with last season's champions, KÍ Klaksvík.[16]