Aberdeen 2 - 1 Breidablik (5 - 3)

8 hours ago, Millertime said:

You say that a lot to people 

The truth is, it's you

You put a lot of stock in getting 10 "likes" regarding some keech you said about me

So, when I get more than 10 here slaggimg you, how are you going to feel?

Here we go

What the fuck are you on about now? 

Genuinely lost the plot.

Looking forward to tonight, but it’s not going on o be easy. The Icelanders seem to score a lot of goals and with our defence still in transition you have to fancy an away goal tonight. 

So we will have to score against a team probably sitting in, and probably show lots of patience. An early goal would be great, but if that doesn’t transpire we have too keep our shape. 

Lewis

Ramsay Gallagher Considine MacKenzie

Brown McCrorie

Hedges Ferguson Ojo

Ramirez 

Maybe swap JET for Hedges. 

9 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Looking forward to tonight, but it’s not going on o be easy. The Icelanders seem to score a lot of goals and with our defence still in transition you have to fancy an away goal tonight. 

So we will have to score against a team probably sitting in, and probably show lots of patience. An early goal would be great, but if that doesn’t transpire we have too keep our shape. 

Lewis

Brown McCrorie

Hedges Ferguson Ojo

Ramirez 

No way Mcgeouch will be dropped

personally i think the crowd is more to do with the opposition and the other factor is that there are no away fans so that section with about 2,000 seats is part of the overall number, the burnley game was full of away supporters so a sell out is still only c18,000 in comparison to previous seasons and there is also a chunk of the main stand out of bounds too.

Point being is that we're probably getting about what we normally do irrespective of the price 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, eddiec said:

personally i think the crowd is more to do with the opposition and the other factor is that there are no away fans so that section with about 2,000 seats is part of the overall number, the burnley game was full of away supporters so a sell out is still only c18,000 in comparison to previous seasons and there is also a chunk of the main stand out of bounds too.

Point being is that we're probably getting about what we normally do irrespective of the price 

That's my view. £5 less would have attracted no one else. and £10 less is just poppycock as the Dons need to make some money back.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

I suppose they still have to officially wait to confirm ties as drawn once they know who get through. If there were a Qarabag City and Qarabag United who were to both play at home first in the next round then one of them might be reversed, but aye unlikely to be any issues for us playing away first as drawn.

Don't the seeded team play away from home first? 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Even £10 less is more than Celtic or Hibs are charging? Are we more cash strapped than Hibs? 

I was £27 for my ticket which is only a couple of pounds more than the European games were two seasons ago.

Yes it’s dearer, but not by that much.

I think that I read somewhere that Hibs didn’t sell out their 5600 allocation against Rijeka and I’d be surprised if Celtic have sold out against Jablonec.

Its game day though, so let’s look forward to the game tonight, hopefully a good win and seeing who we play next week

3 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

Lewis

Brown McCrorie

Hedges Ferguson Ojo

Ramirez 

They seemed poor at crosses. Might be one to persevere with Jet for tonight

2 hours ago, eddiec said:

1st unrestricted game at Pittodrie after an 18 month absence we should obviously be selling out and not getting "what we normally" do.

Would have sold out easily if prices were sensible rather than idiotic and extortionate.

Probably be 3 or 4 K empty seats instead.

1 hour ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Are we at home next week if we get through? 

No.

1 hour ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Am I being stupid?  Does that not mean we’re away first leg?

Yes.

55 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

I suppose they still have to officially wait to confirm ties as drawn once they know who get through. If there were a Qarabag City and Qarabag United who were to both play at home first in the next round then one of them might be reversed, but aye unlikely to be any issues for us playing away first as drawn.

No we are away. 100%

Qarabag play in Baku.
The other Baku side involved in Euro football Neftchi were papped out CL qualifiers by Olympiakos.

51 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Don't the seeded team play away from home first? 

No, all ties are drawn home or away by their relevant positions in mini groups at the draw.

We were drawn away 1st.

1 hour ago, wicker83 said:

I'd normally prefer the home leg last, but in this case it might be better to have the home leg first as we have Hearts away on the Sunday. Especially if it's Qarabag.

Ross County at home the following week isn't as bad to come back from travels to play.

Baku is only 30 mins flight time further away from Aberdeen than Larnaka.

Negligible, so not a factor.

45 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

1st unrestricted game at Pittodrie after an 18 month absence we should obviously be selling out and not getting "what we normally" do.

Would have sold out easily if prices were sensible rather than idiotic and extortionate.

Probably be 3 or 4 K empty seats instead.

Agreed, £30-34 for a game against some Icelandic unknowns is hardly going to get the non-season ticket holders lining up for tickets.  Even the ST price seemed a bit steep for what the game is.  I would have thought a price structure to sell out the game would have been top of the agenda this time, but I don't think anyone would realistically expect it to sell out at that price range...

50 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Agreed, £30-34 for a game against some Icelandic unknowns is hardly going to get the non-season ticket holders lining up for tickets.  Even the ST price seemed a bit steep for what the game is.  I would have thought a price structure to sell out the game would have been top of the agenda this time, but I don't think anyone would realistically expect it to sell out at that price range...

Indeed.

This is in a whatsapp from my cousin, and I've seen a few other similar from mates and shitloads across social media / forums saying pretty much the same.

£32 for RDS upper stand!

Was going to take the kids but fuck that, will watch it for free

22 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Indeed.

This is in a whatsapp from my cousin, and I've seen a few other similar from mates and shitloads across social media / forums saying pretty much the same.

£32 for RDS upper stand!

Was going to take the kids but fuck that, will watch it for free

Your mate should be getting the ppv instead

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2