Aberdeen 2 - 1 Breidablik (5 - 3)

Just now, Redtaz2 said:

Not shitting the bed or being” mental”  just think he’s not playing to his capabilities , if it was an outfield player then there would be a few clamouring for a change 

I would love him to have a great game  and return to form but hope that he doesn’t need to on Thursday 

He's been steady this season so far though. The goal on Sunday is questionable whether you can fully say it was all his fault. 

He was getting blocked off and Anderson was unmarked by our defence. 

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Redtaz2 said:

Not shitting the bed or being” mental”  just think he’s not playing to his capabilities , if it was an outfield player then there would be a few clamouring for a change 

I would love him to have a great game  and return to form but hope that he doesn’t need to on Thursday 

By saying Lewis needs dropped for Thursday you are shitting the bed and being mental. 

Its not happening and its crazy to think it might or it should. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

14 or 15,000 will be a good crowd. 

We'd probably have been reasonably happy with that in past seasons considering the opposition and the stage we're at in the tournament. 

If we get to the play off round you'd be expecting something closer to a full house by that point. 

Agree, but “first” full game back should be a 20k crowd, regardless of opposition. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

14 or 15,000 will be a good crowd. 

We'd probably have been reasonably happy with that in past seasons considering the opposition and the stage we're at in the tournament. 

If we get to the play off round you'd be expecting something closer to a full house by that point. 

Missing the main point, it’s the first proper game back.

Its piss poor and purely down to the pricing. Own goal by the club.

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

See my post above.

11,000 sold as at about lunchtime. 

We’ll maybe get 14,000? 

Sensibly priced and would’ve been a minimum of 18,000 I’d think. 

If that pans out and sensibly priced say £25 then the difference would only be around £2000, and this price could be the norm for euro ties , Cormack is a decent chairman and more of a businessman so I’m not too surprised at this being trialled 

36 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

If that pans out and sensibly priced say £25 then the difference would only be around £2000, and this price could be the norm for euro ties , Cormack is a decent chairman and more of a businessman so I’m not too surprised at this being trialled 

bAk tO SkoOl 

It would be £20,000 (but I agree it’s negligible). 

Leaving facetiousness aside, 20,000 paying an average of £20 and creating a great atmosphere is better than 14,000 paying £30 - broadly speaking the same amount of cash made, but a far better atmosphere & bigger crowd behind the team.  

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

bAk tO SkoOl 

It would be £20,000 (but I agree it’s negligible). 

Leaving facetiousness aside, 20,000 paying an average of £20 and creating a great atmosphere is better than 14,000 paying £30 - broadly speaking the same amount of cash made, but a far better atmosphere & bigger crowd behind the team.  

Thank god I’m not in charge of AFC finance 

My opinion…Joe Lewis had a shaky season previously and has conceded quite a few goals so far this season whilst producing an absolute clanger in the match against Livingston. Personally I would give Woods a chance. No point having other keepers in your squad if you have no intention of playing them unless Lewis gets injured. 
Joe Lewis is extremely overrated by quite a lot of Aberdeen fans. 

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

See my post above.

11,000 sold as at about lunchtime. 

We’ll maybe get 14,000? 

Sensibly priced and would’ve been a minimum of 18,000 I’d think. 

I'm not having that 4,000 extra would have turned up if we'd charged the prices of 2 years ago. 

There will be other games, and I'm sure before too long, when we charge a tenner to get in or BOGOF, and we won't be getting 18,000 then either

• Like 1

What’s the price for kids & concessions?

Are they getting ripped off too?

I agree with most that we should be charging £20  - £25 max for adult tickets & half that for kids/concessions 

Fk students. They should be charged full price same as rest. Cunts already get far too many discounts on shit 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

My opinion…Joe Lewis had a shaky season previously and has conceded quite a few goals so far this season whilst producing an absolute clanger in the match against Livingston. Personally I would give Woods a chance. No point having other keepers in your squad if you have no intention of playing them unless Lewis gets injured. 
Joe Lewis is extremely overrated by quite a lot of Aberdeen fans. 

Lewis has done fk all wrong to justify dropping him this season so far. Same cannot be said of defenders in front of him but they are protected as we have no capable replacements. 

Glass/Cormacks biggest failings so far which I hope they are working on rectifying along with another striker 

It's only Tue evening folks... plenty time to sell a few thousand more. I also don't understand people who say an extra fiver a ticket would put them off. How fantastic has your last 18 months been that you would prefer not to attend a game with no masks, no social distancing for the first time in donkeys? Some folk are hard to please.

I was £12 for kids as a ST holder... think I was £25 for Red Shed for Adult. I just paid £20 for a LC match against Raith Rovers and £10 for kids.... it's the mighty Aberdeen we're talking about here and we kinda need to put some money back into the coffers. Dinnae hud back... buy yer tickets and roar the lads into the PO round!!

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Lewis has done fk all wrong to justify dropping him this season so far. Same cannot be said of defenders in front of him but they are protected as we have no capable replacements. 

Glass/Cormacks biggest failings so far which I hope they are working on rectifying along with another striker 

Lewis’s only mistake so fat this season has been the Anderson. Yes it was a bad one, but he has also made a number of very good saves. Also agree regarding a striker.