Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

3 hours ago, huncunts said:

Remember Cormack saying on a podcast when he first came back we'd be playing in front of 14,000 if we made the group stages. 

Milne said 12,000.

Have they confirmed a European capacity? I did see them flogging season tickets on the basis that it would be the only way to guarantee a ticket for European matches 

2 hours ago, starryfish said:

Have they confirmed a European capacity? I did see them flogging season tickets on the basis that it would be the only way to guarantee a ticket for European matches 

If the capacity is around 16,000, and we land a plump draw, we'll get an early insight into Cormack's real agenda at the new stadium with sky high ticket prices.

Though, Hearts didn't have to cut their capacity last season and they fall foul of a few rules too.

12 hours ago, huncunts said:

Remember Cormack saying on a podcast when he first came back we'd be playing in front of 14,000 if we made the group stages. 

Milne said 12,000.

If really were ever to achieve ‘top 100’ status (no laughing at the back) we would have to be regular group stage participants in Europe & if we were we would easily be selling more than 14k tickets. 

The brain washing by Cormack & Co that 14-16k stadium is ‘best’ for the club is BS.

if we ever build a new stadium, 🤣🤣🤣 it has to at least match Hibs/Hearts capacity & not have us having the 6th smallest club ground in Scotland behind fkn Killie’s 15k ffs 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Dunty said:

If the capacity is around 16,000, and we land a plump draw, we'll get an early insight into Cormack's real agenda at the new stadium with sky high ticket prices.

Though, Hearts didn't have to cut their capacity last season and they fall foul of a few rules too.

They had to leave the front rows behind the goals empty in the group stages. Struggled to sell out anyway though.

9 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

The time for talking the talk on a new stadium is surely over.

Cormack and Co need to start walking the walk, get off the pot and commit to a Plan A option.

One thing's for sure if they end up trusting the cooncil, in some shape or form, they'll be disappointed, 100%.

Yip. Get on with the rebuild. Move the Beach End back 50 yards towards the road, creating a single tier stand. I don’t know why the club don’t get in touch via the PM machine for further advice.

19 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Does some more digital shite really enhance the matchday experience? 

Seems a bit like sticking a spoiler on your 2001 Ford Focus.

I think it does, a tired stadium makes the fan experience a tired one. Where will the scoreboard go? I want to be able to see it from the south!! Have a horrible feeling they’ll locate it between the RDL and away fans!

18 hours ago, huncunts said:

Milne said 12,000.

Yeh been too many lies in the whole stadium process to try convince one way or another. We need to get the facts straight and just get on with it. 

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Are you often unaware of the score when you're at games? Just ask the person beside you.

Just like tech. Really want to see it!

12 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If really were ever to achieve ‘top 100’ status (no laughing at the back) we would have to be regular group stage participants in Europe & if we were we would easily be selling more than 14k tickets. 

The brain washing by Cormack & Co that 14-16k stadium is ‘best’ for the club is BS.

if we ever build a new stadium, 🤣🤣🤣 it has to at least match Hibs/Hearts capacity & not have us having the 6th smallest club ground in Scotland behind fkn Killie’s 15k ffs 

Match hearts' two wins in the groups this season, and manage three wins in the groups next season. That's all that's needed to make us top 100.

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

The time for talking the talk on a new stadium is surely over.

Cormack and Co need to start walking the walk, get off the pot and commit to a Plan A option.

One thing's for sure if they end up trusting the cooncil, in some shape or form, they'll be disappointed, 100%.

I wouldn't trust the council with fuck all.

Administratively they are a shambles even at lower functional levels. Routinely lose paperwork and the wheels of progress grind round, they do not run freely.

A proper shambles and AFC are setting themselves up for a fall getting involved with them. 

6 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

The longer it goes on I'd be more inclined the rip up the main stand and save cash by building that and that alone. Get yer corporate stuff and a stand to match North and leave it there. It's in city and can surely get money to do one stand than build an entire stadium. 

We'd need far more than just a new main stand in order to make staying at Pittodrie viable.

We wont be building at pittodire it makes zero sense. But investment in scoreboards etc probably shows the timeline for the move has drastically increased. I was confident we would be moving within the next 10 years but now I highly doubt it. I dont trust the council and. I most definitely dont want a 16k stadium.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, slippers said:

We wont be building at pittodire it makes zero sense. But investment in scoreboards etc probably shows the timeline for the move has drastically increased. I was confident we would be moving within the next 10 years but now I highly doubt it. I dont trust the council and. I most definitely dont want a 16k stadium.

Why?

We could redevelop the south stand, add in corporate stuff whilst doing it, and also have a budget to maintain the other stands, once complete the additional revenue would go towards the next stand etc.

Would mean a lower debt overall, reducing interest etc - may take longer, with some upheaval / hassle but at least it would be getting done.

Keep the Club in the city.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, sigh said:

Why?

We could redevelop the south stand, add in corporate stuff whilst doing it, and also have a budget to maintain the other stands, once complete the additional revenue would go towards the next stand etc.

Would mean a lower debt overall, reducing interest etc - may take longer, with some upheaval / hassle but at least it would be getting done.

Hearts new main stand ended up costing around £25 million, and that was before any increases in costs of building materials over the past few years.

Rebuilding Pittodrie stand by stand certainly wouldn't be a cheaper option than building a new stadium.

16 minutes ago, sigh said:

Why?

There isnt room to redevelop the stand, Legislation has changed so it would mean we may have to build an even smaller stand. The club have said this numerous time but because people like the idea of staying they think the club are lying. The cost is already mental, doing stand by stand would make it even more unrealistic than it already is.

Maybe regular euro groups and continuing to turnover players for big profits can push the new stadium on. But we really need to choose our site and progress it. The council are complete cunts, trying to buy votes and as soon as another party gets in they veto it and we are back to square 1. We need to play hard ball or fuck them off altogether.

By time we build it we are talking 100m minimum. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, slippers said:

Absolute bollocks, it makes perfect sense.  It's our home FFS

Milne and co have fairly done a job on sections of our support

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2