Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

17 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Aye, but was that not just a case of Crocket and co making it up as they went along? Bit like the ultimate constructed UTG for which I don't think anyone would have signed up to the 20-30m that it cost, let alone the time it took.

I think it looks fine tbh. Not sure what you’re expecting for £20-30 million nowadays. 

Will be even better once the grass etc is in 

1 minute ago, Dandyesque said:

Walking up Union St yesterday,  I had the chance to have a look at it in daylight.

I think it will look pretty smart in a few years, once the grass and foliage has a chance to establish 

I'm particularly taken by the civic crest. Far smaller than the original but once the red and white flowers in the centre of the shield are planted it'll look ace.

20 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Assuming you're someone who's been on here for a while, and just created a new account. You have the wift of others of a similar vein. Either way, you're overloading of posts on here means that, it's pretty hard not to engage in a thread that isn't littered with your tedious posts. You're out to incite controversy in order to bait folk into replying. Well done. You're doing a sterling job.

The irony in his posts is staggering.

On 4/17/2023 at 9:18 AM, NEM said:

No the granite web was the chosen design despite coming second in the public consultation. It was a fucking eyesore 

It was worse than that, if I remember correctly.  There were six designs for the public to view and vote on.  There was also a committee, which included Wood, that also chose a design.   Those two went to a final, with the committee picking the winner.  Committee chose the Granite Web, which had been sixth out of six in public vote, then decided their choice was better than the public choice and named the web the winner.  It was a stitch up from the beginning.

• Upvote 1
On 4/17/2023 at 9:17 AM, Tinyweelad said:

Got some designs or quotes to back this up? Or is this another of your plucked out of thin air decision making criteria, like loads of folk won't go to Kingsford? Seem to recall there was a vote and the majority were in favour of taking his donation and building something new.

The design originally promoted by Wood lifted the whole thing to street level with the space underneath becoming a carpark.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

It was worse than that, if I remember correctly.  There were six designs for the public to view and vote on.  There was also a committee, which included Wood, that also chose a design.   Those two went to a final, with the committee picking the winner.  Committee chose the Granite Web, which had been sixth out of six in public vote, then decided their choice was better than the public choice and named the web the winner.  It was a stitch up from the beginning.

Yes it was a stitch up.  After they chose it, they actually said the granite Web was the only design that met the criteria of what they were looking for. 

Obviously this begs the question as to why the fuck they put the other 5 designs out to public consultation if they were never in with a chance of being picked.

I reckon they were so taken by the granite Web, they thought the public would also wank themselves silly over it and played out the farce to provide an illusion of democracy.  They probably got taken by surprise that the majority wanted the winter garden one.  In fact the granite Web probably only got second because they were pushing it so much. In an unbiased consultation it would have ranked somewhere near the bottom.  It was a 70s concrete eyesore with the concrete replaced by granite. 

Edit: Just noticed you said the granite Web was 6th place. Not surprising as it was a horrendous design.

1 minute ago, milne_afc said:

It can be rejigged and modernised. They should get on with it.

Aye. Plenty room for a rejig. Back of the mainer. Flatten a couple council hooses and the golf clubs and we're good to go. Shitloads of extra space to work with behind the beach end as well which I'd be very keen to demolish. To pinch some words from Kingy it's a "monstrous carbuncle". Ruined Pittodrie that bloody stand did.

We need to get some big corporation in on the action. 

Red Bull would be ideal for a club like Aberdeen, what with the Red and Bull connection. 

Build us a new stadium, pump the club full of Red Bull cash, bish, bash, bosh Champion's League Glory. 

Or, better still, scrap the SPFL and join the English league. 

12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Red Bull would be ideal for a club like Aberdeen, what with the Red and Bull connection. 

Build us a new stadium, pump the club full of Red Bull cash, bish, bash, bosh Champion's League Glory. 

That would be hilarious if a company like red bull invested in a Scottish club that wasn’t one of the arse cheeks. They would shite it 🤣 could be enough to panic Sevco into overspending even more than already & kill them off 🤣

16 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Cormack could gift us a state of the art stadium and still have plenty left. Not saying he should but it's definitely in his gift to do so if he really fancied leaving a lasting legacy. 

2 minutes ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Cormack could gift us a state of the art stadium and still have plenty left. Not saying he should but it's definitely in his gift to do so if he really fancied leaving a lasting legacy. 

Hope he does so at least 7 years before he dies so we don’t have to pay the dreaded inheritance tax 🤔

20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

That would be hilarious if a company like red bull invested in a Scottish club that wasn’t one of the arse cheeks. They would shite it 🤣 could be enough to panic Sevco into overspending even more than already & kill them off 🤣

You can guarantee it wouldn't be six months of Aberdeen spending the big bucks before the cheeks were greetin to the SFA that our outrageous spending is killing the game in Scotland and making it uncompetitive. 

And mere days after that you'd see the SPFL introducing wage caps and other creative means by which to kill the challenge to the status quo. 

Love Rockin' All Over The World. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Crashnyploshnit said:

I see Newcastle United’s owners are looking to invest in clubs other than NU. We should be touting ourselves to them. Loads of money these Arabs.

We're the Scottish Geordies. 

At least we can be for a ton of Arab oil cash. 

• Upvote 1