Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I’ll set foot in it because I’ll support Aberdeen Football Club whether they’re in the city centre or a 5 miles out of it. All real fans will still go no matter where it’s built.

I'll go too. 

But that doesn't make it a good idea. 

Sometimes you've got to see further than the end of your own nose 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The location may be ‘brilliant’… that doesn’t change the fact it’s a neglected, crumbling dump. We can’t build a new stadium there or renovate it without dramatically reducing the capacity. We won’t be staying at Pittodrie no matter how brilliant the location is. Sorry to disappoint you Betty.

Well we are for the foreseeable which suits me and the vast majority of fans just fine. 

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

So what about Tynecastle, who Hearts only finished their Slough style main stand a yr or so ago - although some say work is still going on? 
They are as similarly constrained as Hibs, in terms of proximity to the pitch from the stands and also outside, surrounding the stands. How have they got round regs if they’re new stand is not long completed?

Their Gorgie, Wheatfield and Roseburn Stands were all completed between 94 and 97 ( I knew it was a while back but was surprised to see just how long ago). So they'd be before the new regulations too. There's a reason though as to why they are ridiculed as "Lego" built shite. Completely done on the cheap.

Their Main Stand was done 5 years ago. That side of Tynecastle isn't so tightly constricted as the other 3 sides. Indeed in their initial plans...which got consent....a hotel was to have been included in it, and their stadium would have been 23000 capacity. Lack of funds meant a far less ambitious project was eventually built under Granny Budge's direction.

Again....redeveloping Tynecastle wasn't Hearts' first choice. After the merger/takeover of Hibs (depending how you view it) collapsed......they wanted to sell Tynecastle and build a new stadium at Hermiston which fell through due to similar reasons as the Hibs new stadium did. Chris Robinson then wanted to sell Tynecastle only 7 years after the 3 older stands had been rebuilt and rent Murrayfield. He got as far as agreeing a sale with Cala Homes.....the Hearts support were furious....before Romanov took over the club and cancelled it. Nevertheless, new pitch size regulations came into force and that forced the removal of some seats in 2 of their then newish stands to accomodate this. 

Our new stand on McLeod St was primarily limited on height due to tenements on McLeod Street and Gorgie Road. And blocking daylight.

The Roseburn stand you lot occupy and the Wheatfield stand on your right have particular issues about building backwards due to proximity to chemical and distillery plants that have large vats of Ethanol, etc. Although strangely a safety issue for a stand occupied for 2 hours every fortnite, it seemed like our council were happy to approve student flats even closer, replacing old Tynecastle High School. Weird.

And Gorgie Road stand opposite behind other goal, totally hemmed in.

Our only opportunity to properly expand would be to fund the distillers moving away in part, and likely turn the pitch so the new stand was behind one goal, move backwards length behind Wheatfield, demolish other three stands, and build again. A fortune. And likely only to increase the capacity by 6k to 8k. 10k at most. Would re-evaluate standing section I'm sure. Also a bigger pitch as Tynecastle pitch is very small.

Anyway. Most important thing to Hearts fans was staying in Gorgie rather than a soulless bowl somewhere. No doubt with a running track.

• Dildo 2
1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Our new stand on McLeod St was primarily limited on height due to tenements on McLeod Street and Gorgie Road. And blocking daylight.

The Roseburn stand you lot occupy and the Wheatfield stand on your right have particular issues about building backwards due to proximity to chemical and distillery plants that have large vats of Ethanol, etc. Although strangely a safety issue for a stand occupied for 2 hours every fortnite, it seemed like our council were happy to approve student flats even closer, replacing old Tynecastle High School. Weird.

And Gorgie Road stand opposite behind other goal, totally hemmed in.

Our only opportunity to properly expand would be to fund the distillers moving away in part, and likely turn the pitch so the new stand was behind one goal, move backwards length behind Wheatfield, demolish other three stands, and build again. A fortune. And likely only to increase the capacity by 6k to 8k. 10k at most. Would re-evaluate standing section I'm sure. Also a bigger pitch as Tynecastle pitch is very small.

Anyway. Most important thing to Hearts fans was staying in Gorgie rather than a soulless bowl somewhere. No doubt with a running track.

It’s a sad day when a deluded Jambo is talking more sense than tcheuchter gluepots like zeroisgod 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
16 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Course he did. 

He used a sales pitch to justify the benefits to the club in a move away from the beach 

Whereas Cormack is now utilising a sales pitch to justify staying at the beach 

Both can't be true 

Cormack is right. 
The beach location is/would’ve been great. 
But sadly, looks highly unlikely.

Milne is just a wanker Masonic teuchter. 

They can fuck off if Westhill is back in their thoughts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

For the good of the city, the SNP and Labour need to stop acting like a bunch of petty tit for tat schoolkids, agree to work together for once, tell this Ian Yuill to fuck off and stop letting him throw his weight around as kingmaker.  The Lib Dems have only got 4 councillors for fuck sake. 

Pigs will fly etc etc

Hell will freeze over etc etc

12 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Dave Cormack is probably optimistic about the possibility of flying pigs. 

Aye, it’s pretty annoying how cormack shoots down folk for being negative when they are only pointing out the obvious, that the council were never fronting up cash and where the fuck were we going to get money from?

• Upvote 1
On 11/16/2022 at 5:51 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Hang on a minute 

So are these uefa regulations rather than national legislation? 

I think uefa have overstepped the mark a wee bit in that case. 

Surely all they can ask for legally is a safety certificate. They've got no business dictating what clubs are allowed to build or not build beyond that. 

Well, if we want to play in their competitions they do

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

It won’t matter anyway unless we get sponsors for the ground from vegan companies, wind generating companies or tech companies with the Snp ban coming on alcohol advertising Scottish football will be penniless. I hope we realise this snp government ( not the independence movement) is a dictator state in all but name 

I heard on the radio the other day that the alcohol advertising amounted to around 6% of Scottish football's sponsorship. 

17 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

It won’t matter anyway unless we get sponsors for the ground from vegan companies, wind generating companies or tech companies with the Snp ban coming on alcohol advertising Scottish football will be penniless. I hope we realise this snp government ( not the independence movement) is a dictator state in all but name 

Led by a bitter bigoted woman. 

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 4
21 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Very true.

The SNP (and the green weirdos)want to micromanage how everybody lives.

• Dildo 2
22 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I heard on the radio the other day that the alcohol advertising amounted to around 6% of Scottish football's sponsorship. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63680146
it’s not just our sponsorship deals that could be affected by this total over reach by a government hell bent on running our lives while telling us we should vote for freedom 

• Dildo 3
5 minutes ago, Joe pike said:

Very true.

The SNP (and the green weirdos)want to micromanage how everybody lives.

It’s ironic with a “cost of living crisis “ we in Scotland are being forced to pay more for a drink than anybody else   While the government scream and shout we need more help. Anyone near the border just drives over it to get their stuff, hence why it looks a very small amount of people are buying less. 

• Dildo 4
41 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63680146
it’s not just our sponsorship deals that could be affected by this total over reach by a government hell bent on running our lives while telling us we should vote for freedom 

I was responding only to the idea on the alcohol advertising ban crippling Scottish football, if the 6% is true. It's not a huge financial impact surely? As for the European competition, I'm sure organistaions will have a solution to that. Socially I'm not sure what impact it will have. Will anyone not go to the pub before or after a game as normal because there is no advertising to do so?

As for the rest of your political views I'm honestly not bothered and generally don't discuss that on here.