Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

concentrate on the main scourge on society in Scotland which is sectarianism

It’s not really though, is it? There’s much bigger problems than some minkers fighting over stuff they don’t really believe in.

4 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63680146
it’s not just our sponsorship deals that could be affected by this total over reach by a government hell bent on running our lives while telling us we should vote for freedom 

The alcohol advertising ban in sport has been talked about/planned for ages & was ‘delayed’ last year. With rugby 6 nations hitting most headlines. 
Smoking ads were banned long ago as were gambling in some areas (as with plenty other vices) I don’t see the issue/reason to moan about it. It’s up the the sports organisations to find funding more fitting/healthy for their associations & they should have been working on this years ago as they all knew the bans were coming. 

Such a Neanderthal attitude to change (even if for better) is what is wrong with so many folk & even nations. 

• Upvote 2

Stadium would have been finished long ago & cheaper if they had just go a few tradesmen to work a few evenings & weekends on (homers) over the years 🤣

Club has been a complete laughing stock regarding all the various bullish/fantasy plans for various new stadiums over the past 2 decades 🤣 they saved some face finally with Cormack park but the whole stadium sideshows/feasibility studies & £m’s spent on all those distractions based on fantasy have been nothing short of criminal.

Why do none of the reporters ever question all the cash spunked on this & where it all went?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

The alcohol advertising ban in sport has been talked about/planned for ages & was ‘delayed’ last year. With rugby 6 nations hitting most headlines. 
Smoking ads were banned long ago as were gambling in some areas (as with plenty other vices) I don’t see the issue/reason to moan about it. It’s up the the sports organisations to find funding more fitting/healthy for their associations & they should have been working on this years ago as they all knew the bans were coming. 

Such a Neanderthal attitude to change (even if for better) is what is wrong with so many folk & even nations. 

I assume for you government’s literally telling us what we can and can’t do is okay, if so hot foot to North Korea. I think we are grown up adults and can choose in a democratic county not be told when we can smoke/gamble or drink or even see such adverts. It’s a different opinion which this not Neanderthal can have. Democracy and freedom of speech was fought and won for that right 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2
12 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I assume for you government’s literally telling us what we can and can’t do is okay, if so hot foot to North Korea. I think we are grown up adults and can choose in a democratic county not be told when we can smoke/gamble or drink or even see such adverts. It’s a different opinion which this not Neanderthal can have. Democracy and freedom of speech was fought and won for that right 

But you can't.

You had the chance remember and fucked it up.

Should we talk about Westminster's 'democracy'?

You have been ruled by quite a lot of Prime Ministers that Scotland (and the rest of the U.K.) didn't vote for.

• Upvote 4
  • Dildo 3
13 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

It’s ironic with a “cost of living crisis “ we in Scotland are being forced to pay more for a drink than anybody else   While the government scream and shout we need more help. Anyone near the border just drives over it to get their stuff, hence why it looks a very small amount of people are buying less. 

😂 RUBBISH! I’d bet £20 to a local synagogue that not one person from Scotland drives to England for cheaper drink. The petrol would outweigh the drink savings + if you care that much about drinking you wouldn’t be driving.

You hun lot that hate the snp are bonkers! Do you sleep in Union Jack sheets?

• Upvote 5
  • Dildo 2
Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, Poodler said:

😂 RUBBISH! I’d bet £20 to a local synagogue that not one person from Scotland drives to England for cheaper drink. The petrol would outweigh the drink savings + if you care that much about drinking you wouldn’t be driving.

A return to form and some sense at last. You had a hiding?

2 hours ago, Poodler said:

I’m certainly no Hun! I believe in independence, just not with this current Snp regime!! Typical shit from some on here, don’t agree so you are a Hun Tory. Pathetic really 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo 2
3 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I’m certainly no Hun! I believe in independence, just not with this current Snp regime!! Typical shit from some on here, don’t agree so you are a Hun Tory. Pathetic really 

That's what Scottish politics have been reduced to. 

Disagree with snp policy and folk get accused of being Tories when it's actually that folk think both are inadequate. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4
7 hours ago, Poodler said:

Says the man who has fucked off to Australia.

• Haha 1

There's really fuck all to make anyone think either of these 2 stadium options will happen in the next 10 years.

Its all a bit of a mess and something the club really need to find an answer to so they can move onto working out how to fund the project rather than spend another decade debating the "options".

13 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Aren't SNP and independence, well, independent?

I get your point but there is no denying that if we were to get it then SNP would be in charge to begin with. To be fair I don’t think they are anymore inadequate than Labour or the Tories. At least we wouldn’t have to put up with the rhetoric of England are doing worse than us so anything we fuck up is acceptable anymore.

• Haha 2
On 11/19/2022 at 7:33 PM, Helmet said:

There's really fuck all to make anyone think either of these 2 stadium options will happen in the next 10 years.

Its all a bit of a mess and something the club really need to find an answer to so they can move onto working out how to fund the project rather than spend another decade debating the "options".

It's been a disaster 30 years in the making.When the Richard Donald stand was built the plan was to remain at Pittodrie and gradually rebuild the other stands over time.Then they thought they could sell Pittodrie for housing and make more money that way.I still think upgrading Pittodrie over time is the best and now possibly the only solution.

• Upvote 2