Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

16k would be embarrassing and tinpot. Would basically be us admitting we're a smaller club with less ambition than Hearts and Hibs.

So you would rather a new stadium continuing the trend of never being full 

53 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Build it around the same size as the current stadium, even 18k wouldn't be quite so bad. And then get a good, winning team on the pitch which would see it filled every week.

Our home form this season has been good and we're averaging around 15k with 3 crowds out of 7 home league gamesalready above the intended capacity of the new stadium (likely to be 5 from 9 by this time next week).

There's never been enough interest in the club to have full houses like you're saying could happen. Games against huns and tims and occasional games of importance like a relegation battle, yes. But even Fergies teams in the 80s never filled Pittodrie regularly, so it certainly ain't going to happen now, shiny new stadium or not.

1 minute ago, Dorich Bisconti said:

I feel fitba fans ar more fervent these days compared to then. If we can get semi regular success I could see 17-18k at our games easy & 19-20k for the bigger games.

Club are silly to box themselfs in to just 16k. Unless there are areas where they can easily add 2k to the capacity. 

There's your problem straight away.

Will never happen in this league under its current set up. Its all geared towards the arse cheeks hoovering up the silverware. Its shite and demoralising but its fact.

Ok I finally found the quoted report. The 1500 away fans is an incorrect guess in my opinion as Comarck has been quoted on Red TV as saying around 500 for the away end. In addition the club have always said they were going to nearly double corporate seats from current practice.

I thought the analysis explained very well the need to reduce the stadium size and explained (through the analysis of the catchment area 60 minutes away from the stadium) the nature of our supporter base.

I have previously quoted on this forum the study done by AECOM on selecting stadium capacity which use’s Juventus (the best supported club in Italy that reduced their stadium capacity) as a case study, and similar logic has been used. 

At the end of the day we will significantly increase our revenues and hopefully the match day experience and therefore should be happy enough with the plans.

34 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

So you would rather a new stadium continuing the trend of never being full 

There's never been enough interest in the club to have full houses like you're saying could happen. Games against huns and tims and occasional games of importance like a relegation battle, yes. But even Fergies teams in the 80s never filled Pittodrie regularly, so it certainly ain't going to happen now, shiny new stadium or not.

I'd rather have a stadium that has the potential to hold more supporters if required rather than one that would have seen people that wanted to go being unable to get tickets for 5 games out of 9 prior to christmas this year.

Football is a very different game now than back in the 80's. We've won 1 trophy in 27 years and are still able to average 14-15k, with a winning, entertaining and successful team on the pitch that would increase. The priority should be to increase attendances, not limit them to a paltry 16k.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

States in the report that consideration should be given to increase the capacity to 18k and 20k if needed.

Why, we barely fill the stadium as it is. Most of the folk who post on here hardly go, as evidenced in the match day threads. Are they likely to attend regularly if we've a shiny new stadium? If they do it wouldn't be sustained attendance. 

What's the point in building a 20k stadium as you suggest if its only 3/4 full at best the majority of the time.

The comfort, catering, atmosphere, views, and general experience and enjoyment at Pittodrie would all be rated around zero out of 10.

Why would a new state of the art stadium which fixes all of this not see an enormous increase in attendance, with us currently averaging 16,400 this season with no old firm games?

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, huncunts said:

The comfort, catering, atmosphere, views, and general experience and enjoyment at Pittodrie would all be rated around zero out of 10.

Why would a new state of the art stadium which fixes all of this not see an enormous increase in attendance, with us currently averaging 16,400 this season with no old firm games?

What is this you speak of?

We are duty bound to stop peddling this media myth.

28 minutes ago, huncunts said:

Why would a new state of the art stadium which fixes all of this not see an enormous increase in attendance, with us currently averaging 16,400 this season with no old firm games?

We are averaging 16,400 tickets sold/allocated for a match, we are not averaging 16,400 through the turnstiles. 

6 minutes ago, Gooby1983 said:

We are averaging 16,400 tickets sold/allocated for a match, we are not averaging 16,400 through the turnstiles. 

So what? And again, many of the people who don't turn up probably aren't turning up because it's a 0/10 experience stadium not fit for purpose and they can't be fucked, whereas if it was 2025 state of the art stadium they'd make a different choice or amount of effort to be there.

What even is Cormack's idea with reselling tickets? How would it benefit the club?

• Upvote 1

Covid, energy costs and other price increases will all have fucked our finances and, therefore, our ability to borrow money. Same for the council, who have a shitload more to deal with than a new football stadium - So why anyone would ever have expected them to chuck more than a token sum of money (if anything) our way is beyond me.

I genuinely can't see how we're going to get something built in the next decade unless Cormack wins Eurobillions or something. Talk of locations and number of seats is a waste of time until it's made clear how we're actually going to fund the thing.

15 minutes ago, huncunts said:

So what? And again, many of the people who don't turn up probably aren't turning up because it's a 0/10 experience stadium not fit for purpose and they can't be fucked, whereas if it was 2025 state of the art stadium they'd make a different choice or amount of effort to be there.

What even is Cormack's idea with reselling tickets? How would it benefit the club?

not true, many people like myself will buy a season tickets but don't attend matches because we work away for many weekends of the year. The Season ticket is bought to back the club more than anything for me . If they are offering to buy the seat back due to demand then I would be more than happy to get some money back and the club also resells the seat and makes money and the seat most importantly is not empty. The experience in the stadium is primarily dictated by the team on the park does the point scoring for me, I couldn't give a toss about a burned pie or having to queue for one, that is not even a consideration for me and many others at a home or away game.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, huncunts said:

You go to watch Aberdeen because you support the team. Whilst Pittodrie is a dump now, certainly in the South Stand where I sit, it doesn't stop me going. A shiney new stadium wouldn't encourage me to be regular either if I hardly went before. The can't be fucked factor is the reason for most. A new stadium won't change that on a long term basis. You'll get an initial lift then it'll drop again as folk 'can't be fucked' as you put it.

Do you think fans of Forfar or Montrose or Brechin do or don't go to the match because of their shite grounds? No the ones who support them but don't go just can't be fucked. If they got new stadiums I doubt that would change.

12 hours ago, super_al said:

Ok I finally found the quoted report. The 1500 away fans is an incorrect guess in my opinion as Comarck has been quoted on Red TV as saying around 500 for the away end. In addition the club have always said they were going to nearly double corporate seats from current practice.

I thought the analysis explained very well the need to reduce the stadium size and explained (through the analysis of the catchment area 60 minutes away from the stadium) the nature of our supporter base.

I have previously quoted on this forum the study done by AECOM on selecting stadium capacity which use’s Juventus (the best supported club in Italy that reduced their stadium capacity) as a case study, and similar logic has been used. 

At the end of the day we will significantly increase our revenues and hopefully the match day experience and therefore should be happy enough with the plans.

Sounds disgusting really. 
The plan to increase revenue is via ‘quality’ over quantity. More corporate cunts 

Less good cunts/atmosphere 

🤮

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Some central funding would be ideal to spread the costs and for friendliness for Scotland etc, even the odd other game when some countries play in Europe to save their players slepping home etc

Your post makes zero sense min.

13 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

There's your problem straight away.

Will never happen in this league under its current set up. Its all geared towards the arse cheeks hoovering up the silverware. Its shite and demoralising but its fact.

Hasn't stopped Hearts from going from a 13,000 average to an 18,000 average.

12 hours ago, super_al said:

Juventus didn't increase their crowd because they made their stadium smaller though. They did it by building the best stadium in the country.

They also had a 21,000 average crowd in their old ground, yet built a 40,000 capacity stadium.

9 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Do you think fans of Forfar or Montrose or Brechin do or don't go to the match because of their shite grounds?

Those three clubs have shite crowds. What terrible examples to pick.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Gooby1983 said:

Are we averaging that much? 

It’s a strange business that reduces the ability to make more money. I know you have to weigh up costs but if we are playing well we will sell 19,000, if not more, tickets at least 6 to 8 times a season. To reduce your ability to do this seems strange to me. 

• Upvote 1