Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

• 2 weeks later...

8 minutes ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

20,000 is essential for status if nothing else. Kingsford must never happen. It's beach or bust. 

Much rather 20,000 at kingsford than 16,000 at beach. Absolute joke number when we are already averaging around that in the 2 worst seasons in recent times. 

7 minutes ago, Woolenrouge said:

Kingsford will kill the club. One reason the Red Shed is so successful is that the youngsters can afford to get there.

So people in red shed are only from the city? 

I don’t believe this killing club stuff but it perhaps isn’t a risk worth taking. I’d just rather 20k at beach on all honesty. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, slippers said:

So people in red shed are only from the city? 

I don’t believe this killing club stuff but it perhaps isn’t a risk worth taking. I’d just rather 20k at beach on all honesty. 

Ok, killing the club was a bit extreme. I'm talking about that evolutionary gap where you stop being taken to the football by a parent to going to the football with your mates. I reckon Kingsford would present a major stop point in that evolution from being a kid paid for and transported to and from the gound by a parent to a teenager having to get there and back themselves.

See Lech Poznan are in the quarters of some Euro competition or other. 

Tidy looking stadium, though it seats 45k and they average crowds around our size... aside from the bigger games. 

Maybe been a bit better run than us since we spanked them. 

2 minutes ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Aberdeen - building a 16k stadium.

Hearts - sold out STs at 15k, waiting list of 4k, looking at ways to expand 20k stadium

Who's bigger? Ma ribs. 🤣

Cannae wait to visit your new wee ground. It'll be cute. Bless.

That's actually very good numbers for a side that's in the Championship as often as it is in the top league. 

Decent wee club, if I'm being honest. 

Just now, Ke1t said:

See Lech Poznan are in the quarters of some Euro competition or other. 

Tidy looking stadium, though it seats 45k and they average crowds around our size... aside from the bigger games. 

Maybe been a bit better run than us since we spanked them. 

Try having a peak at Crvena Zvezda or Partizan Beograd games. Jesus. Their stadiums are pretty much empty at run of the mill domestic games. Build capacity based on what you get at big games not the little ones. Just good common sense economics.

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Hearts - sold out STs at 15k, waiting list of 4k, looking at ways to expand 20k stadium

Who's bigger? Ma ribs. 🤣

The price of steel and concrete has quite a lot to do with it 

Amd we're not looking to build a pink bus shelter 

1 hour ago, redstrummer said:

16k last week against Killi just shows 20k is a no brainer for the bigger games. Thought that Gent stadium looked perfect 

Didn't we get over 16000 against Ross County as well? Anything less than 21000 capacity is unacceptable in my view, especially if we have aspirations of group stage European football on a regular basis.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Woolenrouge said:

Ok, killing the club was a bit extreme. I'm talking about that evolutionary gap where you stop being taken to the football by a parent to going to the football with your mates. I reckon Kingsford would present a major stop point in that evolution from being a kid paid for and transported to and from the gound by a parent to a teenager having to get there and back themselves.

I used to catch the bus into 'town' when I was a kid and lived just on edge of city centre. Was never a problem. Have kids lost the ability to get from A to B without mum and dad driving them?

1 hour ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Who's bigger? Ma ribs. 🤣

I know you're fishing, but the truth is, the 16k figure was mooted to not rock the boat with council, since they'd be funding quite a lot of it. No way in hells earth that we'd build something that restrictive.

As for your lot.... you had a wee rise in interest from the pain of being relegated and then coming back up. Give wee Naisy a few months to cripple that feel good factor and I'm sure you're waiting list will vanish and ST's with it.

Anyway, I've stated before that a city and catchment three times the size of Aberdeen, with a rival on your doorstep, it would be somewhat embarrassing to not have a decent support. Hibs typify that are they are dog shit.

5 minutes ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Listen up punk. Kingsford won't happen and we'd riot if it did. The Dons play in ABERDEEN and that's that.

Would you? Kinda of sad if you did. It's the team I go to watch, not bothered if it's Dyce, Bridge of Don, Westhill or the Beach. If I was bothered about distance, I wouldn't choose to live 20 miles out of town, or indeed, decide to drive to Dingwall tomorrow for an away game. Snowflakes complain about location. I''ll be happy with a new state of the art stadium regardless of where it ends up to be honest.

2 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Would you? Kinda of sad if you did. It's the team I go to watch, not bothered if it's Dyce, Bridge of Don, Westhill or the Beach. If I was bothered about distance, I wouldn't choose to live 20 miles out of town, or indeed, decide to drive to Dingwall tomorrow for an away game. Snowflakes complain about location. I''ll be happy with a new state of the art stadium regardless of where it ends up to be honest.

I think majority of fans would have that view. 

4 hours ago, Wester Hailes Skins said:

Who's bigger? Ma ribs. 🤣

Wonder if your ribs will be sore after your visit.

đź‘ż

8 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Glasgow?

• Upvote 1

Cannae fathom why this 16k number is being mooted by the club. 

Any ambitious plan has to be 20k with enough clever design to build on. I look at Anfield and just think it's fucking brilliant what they've done. 

I don't know that we'll ever need more than 20k, I like the idea of big enough but tight enough for intimidation. 'On top' of players. 

Any big games and with (hopeful) success coming down path, 20k should be grand. 16 feels like a ridiculous step back and almost saying "nah,we'll settle". 

Either way would love to hear progress on this front. I love Pittodrie but it's done its job. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Any ambitious plan has to be 20k with enough clever design to build on. I look at Anfield and just think it's fucking brilliant what they've done. 

I don't know that we'll ever need more than 20k, I like the idea of big enough but tight enough for intimidation. 'On top' of players. 

Any big games and with (hopeful) success coming down path, 20k should be grand. 16 feels like a ridiculous step back and almost saying "nah,we'll settle". 

Either way would love to hear progress on this front. I love Pittodrie but it's done its job. 

16k would ensure that there is a scarcity in tickets and allows the club to guarantee more sell outs, increase season ticket sales, generate a better atmosphere and maximize revenue (I.e increase the price of tickets). 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
2 hours ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Massive own goal if we do build anything under 20,000. Absolutely massive. Quite apart from the sheer numbers of fans who would wish to attend games at a new beach stadium prestige dictates it has to be minimum 20 thousand.

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

The very fact you deserted the city makes your opinion less important to me.

ABERDEEN FC must play in ABERDEEN. Clue is in the name. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Roger Ramjet 62 said:

Massive own goal if we do build anything under 20,000. Absolutely massive. Quite apart from the sheer numbers of fans who would wish to attend games at a new beach stadium prestige dictates it has to be minimum 20 thousand.

Massive own goal? It’s quite the opposite. The whole idea is to have thousands of fans miss out for the big games which forces higher season ticket sales and allows the club to charge more money per ticket. 

Aberdeen could generate more revenue with a 16k stadium that is sold out every home game than Hearts and Hibs can with average attendances of 17k to 18.5k purely based on ticket pricing. In addition we will have more corporate facilities at the new stadium. We stand to make 4 to 5 million more than we do today per season (based on Cormack and Wicks quotes). Fans will more than likely have access to an online portal allowing them to sell tickets for games they can’t attend which will allow them to subsidize the extra cost. Again this model only works if there is a scarcity in tickets.

This is a common strategy in North America amongst the various sports. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, super_al said:

Massive own goal? It’s quite the opposite. The whole idea is to have thousands of fans miss out for the big games which forces higher season ticket sales and allows the club to charge more money per ticket. 

Aberdeen could generate more revenue with a 16k stadium that is sold out every home game than Hearts and Hibs can with average attendances of 17k to 18.5k purely based on ticket pricing. In addition we will have more corporate facilities at the new stadium. We stand to make 4 to 5 million more than we do today per season (based on Cormack and Wicks quotes). Fans will more than likely have access to an online portal allowing them to sell tickets for games they can’t attend which will allow them to subsidize the extra cost. Again this model only works if there is a scarcity in tickets.

This is a common strategy in North America amongst the various sports. 

I don’t believe supply/demand in-balance has as much impact on a football club’s ability to charge more for a season ticket between a 16k or 20k ground. Football fans must be one of the most price insensitive consumers, it’s not the type of product many would ditch on the back of a 10% increase, it’s a big part of our life for many. 

My other issue is it feels like we are putting an unnecessary low cap on future attendances for the next 50+ years. We have no idea what European competition etc might look like and what that might mean for gate numbers. 

• Upvote 2