Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

We have definitely benefited from the Fri/Sat evening games versus Hibs/Joots. But the other home games of St. Mirren/Motherwell/Killie/Livi would have had poor away support. Even the other home game v Hearts I can’t remember thinking it was a good away support. 
If we are averaging 16,400 tickets sold so far, that is a fairly remarkable achievement. 
Currently down to having a very good attacking team at the moment who have won 9/10 home games. We still need a stadium of 18,000-19,000 though imo. 

edit-The sad twat that I am didn’t believe that average. I checked on the AFC website where it totals 92,732 over 7 home league games averaging at 13,247 (once an accountant, always an accountant). 

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

We have definitely benefited from the Fri/Sat evening games versus Hibs/Joots. But the other home games of St. Mirren/Motherwell/Killie/Livi would have had poor away support. Even the other home game v Hearts I can’t remember thinking it was a good away support. 
If we are averaging 16,400 tickets sold so far, that is a fairly remarkable achievement. 
Currently down to having a very good attacking team at the moment who have won 9/10 home games. We still need a stadium of 18,000-19,000 though imo. 

edit-The sad twat that I am didn’t believe that average. I checked on the AFC website where it totals 92,732 over 7 home league games averaging at 13,247 (once an accountant, always an accountant). 

AFC Heritage has us averaging 15300 for our 7 games so far.

17 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

AFC Heritage has us averaging 15300 for our 7 games so far.

From the official AFC site:

St. Mirren 14,420

Motherwell 14,714

Livingston 13,739

Kilmarnock 16,348

Hearts 14,711

Hibs 16,479

Joots 17,035

Total 107,446 (I clearly fucked up before) divided by 7 games = 15,349

AFC Heritage is correct. This little accountant sobering up in Schiphol airport got it wrong. 

3 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

St. Mirren 14,420

Motherwell 14,714

Livingston 13,739

Kilmarnock 16,348

Hearts 14,711

Hibs 16,479

Joots 17,035

AFC Heritage is correct. This little accountant sobering up in Schiphol airport got it wrong. 

Its really not a bad average and shows that a winning team will bring in the fans. I'd imagine we'll get about 18000 for both the games coming up this week and then will probably have a decent crowd for the game against Ross County on 2nd January which will push the average for the season to over 16k.

2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Its really not a bad average and shows that a winning team will bring in the fans. I'd imagine we'll get about 18000 for both the games coming up this week and then will probably have a decent crowd for the game against Ross County on 2nd January which will push the average for the season to over 16k.

No shite Cormack speaks will change my mind on this 16k stadium idea. Dosnt even need a successful team winning trophies to fill that. If we are in and around third and playing good football we will top that level. It’s absolutely madness. 

32 minutes ago, slippers said:

No shite Cormack speaks will change my mind on this 16k stadium idea. Dosnt even need a successful team winning trophies to fill that. If we are in and around third and playing good football we will top that level. It’s absolutely madness. 

I agree that it's not enough. I'd reluctantly accept 17.5k minimum...but only on the basis that it could be easily (and affordably) increased up to 20k at a future date. 

16k (even if it could easily and affordably be increased up) and we'd have arse cheek and especially Hobo and Jambo supporters rightly calling us tinpot. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I agree that it's not enough. I'd reluctantly accept 17.5k minimum...but only on the basis that it could be easily (and affordably) increased up to 20k at a future date. 

16k (even if it could easily and affordably be increased up) and we'd have arse cheek and especially Hobo and Jambo supporters rightly calling us tinpot. 

I don’t mind if we reduce but it has to be 18k minimum. 16k is quite frankly absurd. I hope we have a successful season and this finally hits home if we can get some big crowds back. Only reason this is being discussed is because it will be a little cheaper 

6 hours ago, slippers said:

I don’t mind if we reduce but it has to be 18k minimum. 16k is quite frankly absurd. I hope we have a successful season and this finally hits home if we can get some big crowds back. Only reason this is being discussed is because it will be a little cheaper 

The club love the fact that we are creating a surplus in demand as it means the stadium will be sold out more often and ticket prices will increase earning us more revenue.

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

2,000 Tims/Huns paying £30 = £60,000.

Give them fuck all tickets.

Divided by 16,000 Dons fans, the £60k is an extra £3.75 each 

I’d happily pay that (x4 matches) to give them fuck all.

And we don't even get £60k because of all the policing, plus segregation which cuts our own support.

Agreed. Build a 16k stadium, and tell all away teams we don't have any room for them. Sell them PPV for £40 so we can cut the ticket prices for our own fans.

16000 is ample, along with the possibility to increase it if required.

500 seats made available for all visiting teams with the option to recycle  a few hundred seats for AFC fans against the bottom feeders who only muster a 16 seater up to visit.

Realistically we’ll have around 12,000 Season ticket holders initially, meaning 3,500 tickets are available to the public. 
If it means your general punter who only turns up for the big games misses out, then tough titty !!

If after a while, Season ticket sales increase to 15,500 then it means we are in exactly the same position as the majority of English Premiership clubs, where you have to join the waiting list.

Absolutely no point in building a 20 thousand seater which will only sell out if we play Man Utd in a friendly.

14 minutes ago, Dunty said:

And we don't even get £60k because of all the policing, plus segregation which cuts our own support.

Agreed. Build a 16k stadium, and tell all away teams we don't have any room for them. Sell them PPV for £40 so we can cut the ticket prices for our own fans.

Nah.

I wouldn’t cut the away allocation for everyone. 
They’ll do the same to us.

Just the bigot brothers.

Personally I wouldn’t give a fuck if they gave us no tickets. 
I wouldn’t give them a penny in any case. 

10 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

16000 is ample, along with the possibility to increase it if required.

500 seats made available for all visiting teams with the option to recycle  a few hundred seats for AFC fans against the bottom feeders who only muster a 16 seater up to visit.

Realistically we’ll have around 12,000 Season ticket holders initially, meaning 3,500 tickets are available to the public. 
If it means your general punter who only turns up for the big games misses out, then tough titty !!

If after a while, Season ticket sales increase to 15,500 then it means we are in exactly the same position as the majority of English Premiership clubs, where you have to join the waiting list.

Absolutely no point in building a 20 thousand seater which will only sell out if we play Man Utd in a friendly.

16k is in no way ample, it would be abjectly pathetic considering we’re almost averaging 16k this season. It would show we have fuck all ambition as a club.

• Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

No it won't.

There is to be 1500 hospitality seats + 500 away fans. Then add seats that given to media, to player's families, and all the other comps that get handed out. Depending on how the stadium is designed, you could have another few hundreds seats left unused for segregation.

With 12,000 ST holders you'll be lucky if there's 1,000 seats up for sale each match day.

So basically if you can't afford a season ticket or hospitality then "tough titty"? Just price fans out of the game. Forget trying to grow your support because "new" fans will struggle for a ticket.

If Cove ever get themselves up to the Premiership they'll be lapping all these potential fans up.

Waiting list? Ace.

I'll most likely never visit whatever the outcome is, but here's what I think.

We should be building something we can grow into rather than out of. So I would build 20k capacity.

Building costs never go down, so build it in one go. Not build small, with ability to add to later. It will cost more, and later will never come.

I'm not really sure but would redevelopment of pittodrie potentially reduce capacity?

Greenfield site looks like the only viable answer? We can't rely on council for funding. Scotland jagging the Euros might mean some government help. Ultimately we'll probably have to come up with the money ourselves.

My preference would be to redevelop what we have. But I don't think it's viable. We can't afford it... foregone revenue etc.

Those that are in the boat that nothing's going to happen in a hurry? Spot on. I'm doubtful that there's the stomach for it anyway...at least for the guys running the club now.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:13 AM, sheepcrooky said:

St. Mirren 14,420

Motherwell 14,714

Livingston 13,739

Kilmarnock 16,348

Hearts 14,711

Hibs 16,479

Joots 17,035

If you add the 2 upcoming cheeks games that’s 5 out of 9 we’ve exceeded 16000. Hard to argue that 16000 is enough. Go with 18000 with option to increase. 

32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

There's always a lot of talk about stadia being 'easy' to expand later on to appease supporters. 

In reality how easy is it and how often do these future expansions happen? Must still be a significant cost involved with any future expansion as well. 

As @alscotozsaid earlier, it’s infeasible to expand a stadium, unless you’re Man U or the Stealers. Just doesn’t happen ordinarily to Scottish clubs. 

We’re in a pickle, nae twa doots about that. Can’t remember exactly but I’m sure both Bellfield and Loirston were 22k approx, where we could have closed sections down on occasion; now we’re talking about 16k?

Deary me, Milne is mostly to blame and you can add in Brexit and ACC

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

If you add the 2 upcoming cheeks games that’s 5 out of 9 we’ve exceeded 16000. Hard to argue that 16000 is enough. Go with 18000 with option to increase. 

Also probably Ross County on 2nd January as always decent crowds at New Year games. That’ll br 6 out of 10 and an average of around 16000 overall for the season.

Keep playing the way we are at home and scoring goals for fun, finish at worst 3rd (and guaranteed group stage football next year) and we’ll easily end the season with an average of over 16k. Hopefully then Cormack and co will see sense.

10 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Today's crowd was 15,567.

I'm warming to the idea of 17,000 maximum capacity. And at Kingsford too, because took me an hour to get north of union street today.

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Crowd was never 15,567 today. Lucky if it was 12k

Maybe, but there was definitely over 15,000 tickets sold as when I went to buy my ticket there were large areas sold out.

For Tuesday, there's only single seats left everywhere except for the upper deck and Section X & Y. About 17,000 sold I'd say.

On 12/16/2022 at 9:20 AM, zeroisgod76 said:

no...it wont be happening

On 12/16/2022 at 8:28 PM, super_al said:

The club love the fact that we are creating a surplus in demand as it means the stadium will be sold out more often and ticket prices will increase earning us more revenue.

They can fuck off if they think they can increase ticket prices with the dross that was served up yesterday. Ticket prices are frankly ridiculous already. Utter shite product. 

• 3 months later...

Groundsmen's sheds. Exactly where I got to in the queue for Liverpool ticket’s having queued since 4am up by the cemetery gates .. all finished came the cry. Folk walking away with tickets that never usually went to games , still grinds on my to this day (sado). I eventually got a Beach end ticket on the day of the game.. 

and so the voucher system evolved.