Ukraine

Ke1t

9 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

There is no war in Ukraine.  Orchastreted shite show, promoted by MSN and political propaganda.

Fuck Zelenski, complete prick.  Fuck Putin, complete cunt.  Fuck Biden,  complete demented retard.  Fuck that Chinese panda faced cunt whatever the fuck his name is.  Fuck the EU.  Fuck Soros and Schwab. Fuck WEF.  Fuck WHO.  Fuck climate change, the great reset and the green agenda. We're all just part of a very large computer game. PvP/PvE. Bring on the Zombies.  OUT!!!!

You forgot the Huns.

21 minutes ago, CCB III said:

1. Putin is a cunt with imperialist designs. 

2. Kidding on NATO expansion isn't a provocation after the disbandment of the Warsaw Pact and the promises made upon its disbandment is daft IMO. That's not to excuse his actions, nor is it to say Ukraine shouldn't be a sovereign nation. 

3. The American exceptionalism surrounding Russia's aggression/place in the world is pull your hair out infuriating. 

4. America routinely overthrows democratically elected governments and wreaks havocs in nations where it looks like their natural resources are going to be nationalised. 

https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/20/mapped-the-7-governments-the-u-s-has-overthrown/

5. It's fine though, cause America good. 

6. People who try to moralise Russia v America v China are absolutely daft. None are forces for good, they all have imperialist designs that work against the idea of a sovereign nation, something that everyone seems desperate to protect in the name of Ukraine. 

7. Working people everywhere should be standing up to these sociopathic, tyrannical organisations. 

8. Zelensky doing a photo shoot for a high end fashion magazine whilst millions of Ukrainians are displaced from their homes and some are getting slaughtered, is truly the most bizarre thing imaginable. It just patently, looks awful. 

This was quite a bad post, and I'll explain why I think that. 

1. This is obvious to anyone with eyes and ears. He's invaded without provocation and said that he feels himself the successor to expansionist Peter the great. 

2. Not ONE NATO member has been coerced, threatened, or forced to join NATO. NATO is a voluntary alliance that countries can apply to join (See Finland and Sweden) and leave (see France) any time they wish. If Putin sees freedom as provocative then too fucking bad. He doesn't dictate the free will of free nations. And free nations shouldn't be supplicants to the will of that pudgy fucking megalomaniac. Good for the free nations. 

3. America is the one country that stands between Ukraine's freedom and their absorbtion into a Greater Russian Empire. The fact the Ukrainians are fighting tooth and nail for their liberty, plus American weaponry, is the reason they're not only still in the fight but have fought Russia to a near standstill. 

4. No, America routinely overthrew governments that were friendly to the Soviet Union. Their status as 'Democracy; or 'Dictatorship' is 100% irrelevant. During the Cold War we had a powerful, authoritarian, militaristic police state in the shape of the Soviet Union, and as close to freedom as we've seen in the Western states. You can bitch about the USA using covert methods to topple Soviet-friendly states all you want, but if it had been NATO and America that had lost the Cold War and the Soviets who won, what kind of world do you think you' live in now. Do you like the idea of a network of Concentration Camps/Gulags being extended from Russia, through Europe, to California for anyone who voices dissent or otherwise tries to voice non-conformance to the Soviet system?

5. Compared to the Soviet Union? You're fucking right America good. 

6. People try to moralise because they don't understand beyond the surface. "HEY! America did a BAD thing!" Yeah, and they did it so you can sleep sound without the fucking KGB booting your door in. 

7. Working people, at least the blue collar workforce which makes up the majority, is full of utter fucking retards who don't know their arse from their elbow. Their opinion is as dumb as it gets. They read the Sun and the Mail and think Bojo was a leader of men. 

8. Churchill did numerous photoshoots, and was repeatedly on the cover of Time and Life magazine while Britons were cowering in shelters while the Luftwaffe tried to blow the fuck out of them from the air. Whether Zelensky gets his cock out on the front cover of Sports Illustrated means sweet fuck all. 

People dog America, they slam it any time it does anything that can be construed as bad, but in a world where the far right, nationalist fuckbags, and emboldened dictators are leaning on their weaker neighbours you might want to ask yourself which side you prefer. 

For all the shit America gets, people fucking LOVE American culture. But, hey, if they think they'd rather side with Putin and his Police State, or China and their monolithic authoritarianism then go for it. 

Im sure people will LOVE russian TV and movies, or Chinese clothes replacing the masses of American media and culture they absorb and use every day of their lives. 

Enjoy your grey boiler suit as you read your book about how Russian Imperialism is forced upon them because the Western countries have a bit of freedom. 

7 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

There is no war in Ukraine.  Orchastreted shite show, promoted by MSN and political propaganda.

Fuck Zelenski, complete prick.  Fuck Putin, complete cunt.  Fuck Biden,  complete demented retard.  Fuck that Chinese panda faced cunt whatever the fuck his name is.  Fuck the EU.  Fuck Soros and Schwab. Fuck WEF.  Fuck WHO.  Fuck climate change, the great reset and the green agenda. We're all just part of a very large computer game. PvP/PvE. Bring on the Zombies.  OUT!!!!

You've got to be a total idiot to believe there isn't a war. 

Questioning the motives for the war is fine, the politics of the war, totally fine. But to say it doesn't exist? Proper dumb. 

What is the "green agenda?" Because as far as I can tell no governments are taking the agenda seriously, and are failing to reach targets set out by climate scientists. That just patently, delusional nonsense. There's a fossil fuel agenda, whereby no matter how much damage they do the planet, we're ideologically bound to them by virtue of eternal growth and capitalist gain.

Also what's the big reset? Can you please explain to me. Every time I hear it explained it just sounds like late stage capitalism, the inevitable outcome of a system where growth is infinite and people are finite. 

Genuinely asking, please explain to me the big reset.  

13 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

Crystal meths ^

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
34 minutes ago, Beachend Bootboy said:

- I understand very little about the world and daddy didn't give attention to the fact that mummy didn't care.  

56 minutes ago, patrick bateman said:

America some place 

The fact you're quoting Jon Stewart here shows there are still good Americans who believe in the Democracy we're supposed to have. 

The cruelty of the Right has started to manifest itself to a greater degree than it has in decades. 

39 minutes ago, CCB III said:

You've got to be a total idiot to believe there isn't a war. 

Questioning the motives for the war is fine, the politics of the war, totally fine. But to say it doesn't exist? Proper dumb. 

What is the "green agenda?" Because as far as I can tell no governments are taking the agenda seriously, and are failing to reach targets set out by climate scientists. That just patently, delusional nonsense. There's a fossil fuel agenda, whereby no matter how much damage they do the planet, we're ideologically bound to them by virtue of eternal growth and capitalist gain.

Also what's the big reset? Can you please explain to me. Every time I hear it explained it just sounds like late stage capitalism, the inevitable outcome of a system where growth is infinite and people are finite. 

Genuinely asking, please explain to me the big reset.  

You need to fuckin sort yersel oot yeh fuckin idiot.  You take everything too seriously you fuckin pontificatin' ponse.

My post was clearly tongue in cheek and you made yourself look a right fuckin tit.

No need to reply. I'm awa ti fuckin sleep.

Fud!!!!

Anyway you look at it, there's trouble at t' mill

I'm happy enough that USA has switched its cage rattling over to Taiwan / China

I expect Germany will force the end of EU sanctions by late autumn

But ideally they would just apologise to Lavrov now and get it over with

The biggest problem for us is that unlike Norway we have no state run oil company or sovereign wealth fund

Our LNG is open to the highest bidder this winter, and it certainly won't be us

Guest Grays Babylon 1875

Germans gonna be needing some extra blankets and learning the Wim Hof ice bath technique, quick smart hoo mama..

Britains probably gonna starve to death and end up cannibalising their children. 

I'm just watching. 

27 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

This was quite a bad post, and I'll explain why I think that. 

1. This is obvious to anyone with eyes and ears. He's invaded without provocation and said that he feels himself the successor to expansionist Peter the great. 

2. Not ONE NATO member has been coerced, threatened, or forced to join NATO. NATO is a voluntary alliance that countries can apply to join (See Finland and Sweden) and leave (see France) any time they wish. If Putin sees freedom as provocative then too fucking bad. He doesn't dictate the free will of free nations. And free nations shouldn't be supplicants to the will of that pudgy fucking megalomaniac. Good for the free nations. 

3. America is the one country that stands between Ukraine's freedom and their absorbtion into a Greater Russian Empire. The fact the Ukrainians are fighting tooth and nail for their liberty, plus American weaponry, is the reason they're not only still in the fight but have fought Russia to a near standstill. 

4. No, America routinely overthrew governments that were friendly to the Soviet Union. Their status as 'Democracy; or 'Dictatorship' is 100% irrelevant. During the Cold War we had a powerful, authoritarian, militaristic police state in the shape of the Soviet Union, and as close to freedom as we've seen in the Western states. You can bitch about the USA using covert methods to topple Soviet-friendly states all you want, but if it had been NATO and America that had lost the Cold War and the Soviets who won, what kind of world do you think you' live in now. Do you like the idea of a network of Concentration Camps/Gulags being extended from Russia, through Europe, to California for anyone who voices dissent or otherwise tries to voice non-conformance to the Soviet system?

5. Compared to the Soviet Union? You're fucking right America good. 

6. People try to moralise because they don't understand beyond the surface. "HEY! America did a BAD thing!" Yeah, and they did it so you can sleep sound without the fucking KGB booting your door in. 

7. Working people, at least the blue collar workforce which makes up the majority, is full of utter fucking retards who don't know their arse from their elbow. Their opinion is as dumb as it gets. They read the Sun and the Mail and think Bojo was a leader of men. 

8. Churchill did numerous photoshoots, and was repeatedly on the cover of Time and Life magazine while Britons were cowering in shelters while the Luftwaffe tried to blow the fuck out of them from the air. Whether Zelensky gets his cock out on the front cover of Sports Illustrated means sweet fuck all. 

People dog America, they slam it any time it does anything that can be construed as bad, but in a world where the far right, nationalist fuckbags, and emboldened dictators are leaning on their weaker neighbours you might want to ask yourself which side you prefer. 

For all the shit America gets, people fucking LOVE American culture. But, hey, if they think they'd rather side with Putin and his Police State, or China and their monolithic authoritarianism then go for it. 

Im sure people will LOVE russian TV and movies, or Chinese clothes replacing the masses of American media and culture they absorb and use every day of their lives. 

Enjoy your grey boiler suit as you read your book about how Russian Imperialism is forced upon them because the Western countries have a bit of freedom. 

1.) You're simply ignoring the context because you have a dislike (naturally) of VP as a man. I hate the man. But, let's all the Americas and then Canada joined a military pact designed to stop the USA. Do you think they'd react? I think they would, they'd feel threatened, surrounded. Not to condone the invasion, as I categorically don't, it's just not as simple as "it's cos Putin is a bad man" that's some liberal ass bullshit that chalks up everything that happens in the world to forces of good or bad. 

2.) No, not one NATO nation has been forced to join, I never suggested they had. I'm just saying at the disbandment of the Warsaw Pact it was promised by the USA there would be no further expansion. They mainly control who gets in and who doesn't- and have continued to expand ever since. It can easily be construed as provocation. Not to say I necessarily think it is, but churlish to suggest otherwise. 

3.) That's a nice way to look at it. I'd question the American motive for involvement, is it some proud idea of a right for Ukrainian determination? No, can't be that, we know what they gift Israel to bomb the Palestinians. Or is it that they can make a bunch of money off the sale of arms, and the debt the Ukrainians accrue will probably result in permanent US military presence post war? I'd suggest the latter. Frankly, the idea that America gives a monkeys about the sovereignty of any state is a lol. 

4.) So, America overthrowing democratically elected governments (still do it in SA) is fine, cause Soviet Union was bad? What was it you said moments ago about NATO members not being coerced to join? That was something to celebrated, no? But people being forced into having governments they didn't vote for, that's cool, cause America knows best, yah? Sovereignty is only cool when America is in agreement? Ok. The rest you've said is purely hypothetical. That's some slippery slope ass shit I'd expect some Daily Wire conservative to come away with. I say this as someone who despises the totalitarianism shown in the USSR, but all what you've hypothesised there is just that, a hypothesises. It's bold to assume the armed proletariat in the states would've surrendered to the USSR in the unlikely event of some sort of invasion. Putin can't dictate the free will of nations, but America can. Seems a bit dishonest and hypocritical to me. 

5.) You can go back and forth on that one all day. Neither were forces for good, but I'd concede the USSR were probably worse. 

6.) I don't think it's that America "did" a bad thing, I think it's that they continue to contribute to instability around the world, in pursuit of natural resources and influence  the same way China and Russia do. More Red Scare stuff. Nice. 

7.) More liberal shite. Precisely why we continually end up with far right governments in the UK, USA. An entirely disenfranchised group of people with little power over their own individual circumstance, being lied to by a dishonest corporate media, and being called stupid by people who don't really care if they can organise or not- cause crucially, the person doing the criticising, is absolutely ok. No wonder they lose their minds in internet rabbit holes. Calling the working class stupid is probably the best recruitment tool for the right. 

8.) Yeah, and I'd maintain that's grim of Churchill, as it is of Zelensky. Your men are on the front lines fighting for not just their lives, their families lives, and your life, and you're doing a fuckin photo shoot with a magazine. Talk about detachment from reality. I don't give a fuck if fatty Winston did it first, I'd still say that's a fucked thing to do. 

As for your comments on criticising America, but consuming American culture, I'm not so sure I understand. 

My main gripe with America is the government and their own exceptionalism, and a corporate media that facilitates it through pushing patriotic politics and failing to properly inform the electorate.  

Culturally, it's the epicentre of the world. The best music, art, literature, for me, has all come from the USA. 

That's not to say I think the USGOV is a force for good. The fact it isn't has inspired heaps of culture, I'm sure. 

Stalin/USSR we're tyrannical, nasty bastards, but I still like Tarkovsky. 

Francis Bacon was an upper class, rich boy, Tory socialite, but he did some absolutely fantastic portraits on the disfigurement of the human form. 

So, I don't get your point with that  

In any case, I am categorically not choosing sides in this. If anything I'm condemning fucking everybody. 

Putin should get the fuck out Ukraine, Syria etc

America should get the fuck out the Middle East, South America etc. 

China should get the fuck out of Africa and stop eyeing up Taiwan. 

Just because im critical of the forces that are at play and the powers that be, doesn't mean i'm pro Russia or pro China or anything. Im pro ordinary working folks, not having their lives upheaved by businessmen seeking to play politics and maximise profit. That's all. 

Guest Grays Babylon 1875
3 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

apparently their occupants are obvious by mid-february due to the sooty faces

That's the millions of immigrants they've got stoating about the place looking for jobs. 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

<snip>

So, I don't get your point with that  

In any case, I am categorically not choosing sides in this. If anything I'm condemning fucking everybody. 

</snip>

I'll just take this snapshot to explain my point... in fact your second sentence here is my point. And that point is Idealism versus Pragmatism. 

You're not taking sides, but regardless, there are sides... and you don't really get the option of not choosing one, because whichever side is dominant in your geopolitical area has total control over you. 

You're fortunate in that you currently reside in a Democracy rather than one of the Authoritarian blocs. 

You're attempting to be idealistic, dispensing with pragmatism. The Democratic powers don''t have the luxury of dispensing with pragmatism. Sometimes you have to do underhand, evil shit to prevent the spread of authoritarian ideologies. Sometimes you have to even support an authoritarian regime that';s friendly to your ideology in order to secure freedom closer to hand. Sucks for the people forced to live under an authoritarian regime, of course. 

Condemning fucking everybody is fine from a purely idealistic standpoint, but when the rubber meets the road and you enter the real world pragmatism is the order of the day. 

From an ideological standpoint killing is bad. 

From a pragmatic standpoint sometimes it's necessary. 

At this point you're entering Trolley Problem territory, which is why a superficially idealistic stance is not simply shallow, it's downright detached from reality. Most people, unfortunately, don't think beyond a superficially moralistic level. 

Full disclosure at this point, I've spent a large part of the afternoon boozing, so while I'm 100% certain in what I'm trying to say you might at some point not have a clue what the fuck I'm trying to say.

Anyway, Idealism doesn't work in isolation. Pragmatism, at some point, has to take over, or at least be a large part of the discussion. 

So that's my point, more or less. 

don't drink, kids. 

8 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

the africans have a decent trade in gorlizter park down to raw compound

the western ukrainains... well.. we'll see how that pans out in due course

I say cut to the chase and give Ukraine nukes. 

If it looks like Ukraine is going to lose all its territory then just evacuate everyone we can then let them hit every major Russian city with a decent sized warhead. 

If there isn't going to be a Ukraine anyway then what does Ukraine care about retaliatory strikes. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Idealism doesn't work in isolation. Pragmatism, at some point, has to take over, or at least be a large part of the discussion.

there's no doubting your logic, here

yet increasingly we are seeing a faux-woke-idealism replacing any pragmatic thought at all, in the deep state sanctioned western mindset

8 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

If there isn't going to be a Ukraine anyway then what does Ukraine care about retaliatory strikes. 

Perhaps you refer to the earlier remark that a world without Russia, is not world that they care to curate ?

We are closer now to the end game than ever.. the cuban missile crisis was nothing compared to this

"and that is why i drink"

7 minutes ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

there's no doubting your logic, here

yet increasingly we are seeing a faux-woke-idealism replacing any pragmatic thought at all, in the deep state sanctioned western mindset

The further to the Left Left has a real problem with this. They think that wishing things were a certain way means that certain way is a credible or realistic goal. 

But then the further to the Right Right also has a problem with idealism, which takes the form of things like justifying bigotry. 

That's why balance in everything. 

1 minute ago, RedArmyFakshun said:

Perhaps you refer to the earlier remark that a world without Russia, is not world that they care to curate ?

We are closer now to the end game than ever.. the cuban missile crisis was nothing compared to this

"and that is why i drink"

The good news is that Russia, for all its 12,000+ nuclear stockpile, only has about a thousand warheads bolted onto ICBMs or Cruise Missiles that are ready to go. When you take into account failure rates of Russian missiles, intercepted missiles, and missiles held in reserve, then the global holocaust we worried about probably isn't going to happen even in the event of a "full on" nuclear war. 

And the chances of a "full on" nuclear war are slim to none anyway. 

A limited exchange where mebbes a few million get vapourised seems more likely. 

54 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I'll just take this snapshot to explain my point... in fact your second sentence here is my point. And that point is Idealism versus Pragmatism. 

You're not taking sides, but regardless, there are sides... and you don't really get the option of not choosing one, because whichever side is dominant in your geopolitical area has total control over you. 

You're fortunate in that you currently reside in a Democracy rather than one of the Authoritarian blocs. 

You're attempting to be idealistic, dispensing with pragmatism. The Democratic powers don''t have the luxury of dispensing with pragmatism. Sometimes you have to do underhand, evil shit to prevent the spread of authoritarian ideologies. Sometimes you have to even support an authoritarian regime that';s friendly to your ideology in order to secure freedom closer to hand. Sucks for the people forced to live under an authoritarian regime, of course. 

Condemning fucking everybody is fine from a purely idealistic standpoint, but when the rubber meets the road and you enter the real world pragmatism is the order of the day. 

From an ideological standpoint killing is bad. 

From a pragmatic standpoint sometimes it's necessary. 

At this point you're entering Trolley Problem territory, which is why a superficially idealistic stance is not simply shallow, it's downright detached from reality. Most people, unfortunately, don't think beyond a superficially moralistic level. 

Full disclosure at this point, I've spent a large part of the afternoon boozing, so while I'm 100% certain in what I'm trying to say you might at some point not have a clue what the fuck I'm trying to say.

Anyway, Idealism doesn't work in isolation. Pragmatism, at some point, has to take over, or at least be a large part of the discussion. 

So that's my point, more or less. 

don't drink, kids. 

Of course there are sides.

Im on the side of the ordinary people throughout the world, who'd like to live a decent life, have full autonomy over their political situations, and have enough food to eat/drink etc. That's what most people want. 

Im against politicians, corporations, etc etc that seek to disempower these people in pursuit of profit, and if you really chalk the world up, that's largely what every war, every dispute, every political talking point is. How do we (the majority) wrestle back the control from these sociopathic, murderous psychos that are rewarded with authority by our incredibly outdated political systems? 

I never said I was against killing. I understand from a pragmatic standpoint it's sometimes necessary. Not all of the USAs standpoints are "pragmatic" though, more so they are ideological. Any nation that has a fuck ton of natural resources they want to take off the free market and nationalise? Nope, we must coup. It's absolutely fuck all to do with freedom, and everything to do with self preservation. We're the good guys tho cuz nationalised energy and stuff is bad mkay, now pay for your cancer treatment you fat fuck or we're turfing you on the street. 

I object to you calling my assertions shallow. IMO, they are anything but. In some situations, deaths are necessary, but in most, it's totally futile. 

Ask the people of Iran/Iraq what they think of American freedom and liberation. 

I totally object to you suggesting my assertion that governments working on behalf of corporations meddling in other countries is bad being an "idealistic point of view" but without a hint of irony in the next sentence you say "friendly to ideology to secure freedom closer to hand."

The idea that the USA or any of the imperialist powers that operate in our world today give a fuck about freedom is truly childish. It's blood and guts for dollars and cents. 

We hardly live a in a fucking democracy. The UK is ran to the benefit of about 1% of its peoples. The "free press" ensures that anyone keen to address this issue is seen away and the proles stay misinformed, after all, the media is owned by the wealthy, why would they want that challenged? 

And in America, you get to choose between two parties that are about 95% the same, backed by huge corporations that don't give a fuck about the planet, its inhabitants, or namely, who actually wins. That same corporate owned media won't tell you anything useful to your own situation either. 

But that's democracy. It's great. We all stay misinformed and we just crack on serving the oligarchs and oil CEOs that have long back pocketed the entire political system in western countries. 

Sure is worth fighting for 

Pragmatically; 

I wish all sovereign nations well in their fight against foreign invasion. 

Is it better if America deploy the first nuke? Or Russia? Or China? 

I wonder who will be the most pragmatic about that. It's probably pragmatic that America does it first, get in there early, start the mass extinction event with a lovely LGBTQ patterned bomb. 

Who knows? 

Ideally there wouldn't be nukes. But there are, and they'll probably kill us all, thanks to that eternal growth we were promised. 

Pragmatically that makes me sad. What can you do tho!? Some bad guys are worse than other bad guys.  

52 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I say cut to the chase and give Ukraine nukes

If it looks like Ukraine is going to lose all its territory then just evacuate everyone we can then let them hit every major Russian city with a decent sized warhead. 

spacer.png

This is very much my thoughts.

Ukraine are increasingly getting more advanced and effective “lethal aid” to push back the Russkis. Might as well go all in.

Well how about we’ve now got a half dozen nukes strategically placed and aren’t afraid to use them….so get the fuck off my lawn.