Connor Barron

2 minutes ago, ullevi said:

The best thing Barron can do is sign his new deal and get 100 games under his belt and the move he wants will come. 

That boat has well and truely sailed. His head has been turned and for what it’s worth, I think it’s probably affected his performances.

He’s a depreciating asset right now for us, as he runs down his contact. While we have cover in his position it’s important that we maximise return by moving him on pronto!

• Upvote 1
Just now, Sonoftherock said:

That boat has well and truely sailed. His head has been turned and for what it’s worth, I think it’s probably affected his performances.

He’s a depreciating asset right now for us, as he runs down his contact. While we have cover in his position it’s important that we maximise return by moving him on pronto!

Who would want him on his current form

11 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Who would want him on his current form

A youngster who’s shown a fair bit promise… all young players tend to have a dip. Even guys like McKenna and Ramsay went through rough patches. I think there will be a few interested parties…

I do think Barron will come good, but hopefully somewhere else… his head has been filled with dollar signs sadly.

12 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Some championship / league 1 team who can pay fees will. We’ll get a nominal fee and he’ll make more money playing in front of a 7000 fan no mark side than he would staying with us. Barron has a Jack Grimmer solid career ahead of him for sure

5 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

A youngster who’s shown a fair bit promise… all young players tend to have a dip. Even guys like McKenna and Ramsay went through rough patches. I think there will be a few interested parties…

I do think Barron will come good, but hopefully somewhere else… his head has been filled with dollar signs sadly.

Hasn’t shown anything this season apart off the top of my head the second half against United. I can’t see why any team would take a chance on a player that had half a good season last season. 

Agree, his head has been turned but those teams that showed interest I wouldn’t expect to still be interested going off his current form

9 hours ago, Sooper-hanz said:

Canz. ^^
I can’t stand the cunt but at his peak he was the best player in the world. He had absolutely everything. 

No cans at all this weekend Hanz. It's just an embarrassingly stupid opinion. 

He didn't have everything. Which is why he spent his entire career at a mediocre Liverpool side. 

To suggest he's in the class of iniesta, pirlo, Xavi, Modric or Busquets is laughable. 

For what period do you think he was "the best player in the world"? 

31 minutes ago, shut up meg said:

:trophy:

I've learned since then though

My mistake was assuming because he was at man City he would be superb

What I've learned though, in massive part down to champ manager is

There's no point in having between 13 and 18 for passing, vision and dribbling if you only have 6-10 for determination, decision making and balance

You'd be better off with a player with all 11s/12s than one with a few 16s but then a few 8s

You need that balance 

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

People forget how great he was. His best period? When they beat Milan in the CL final up to 2009. To say my opinion is ‘embarrassingly stupid’ when he won UEFA club player of the year in 2005 shows extreme ignorance. He also lifted 7 or 8 trophies in a ‘ mediocre’ Liverpool side. 

Michae Owen won European player of the year. He was never the best player in Europe though. Do you think he was? 

Claiming he was the best player in the world when Spain were in process of becoming the best national side there's ever been, with Xavi and ineista driving them and Barca along with those two, Ronaldinho and messi were becoming the best club side ever is laughable, Hanz. 

Meanwhile in England Chelsea and Man Utd were romping leagues, C Ronaldo was becoming an all time great and Gerard's Liverpool we're scrambling for a top 4 spot miles behind the best sides. 

Better than Xavi, Iniesta, Modric, Pirlo & Busquets 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

You’re completely missing the point. The players you refer to were nowhere near their peak circa 2005, Gerrard was. During HIS peak he was ‘at times’ the best in the world. 
The quotes I provided back me up. 

What times was he the best player in the world? It's a simple question. We know why you can't answer it though, because your claim is nonsense. 

Also, Ronaldinho wasn't at his peak between 2005-2008? 😂 Okay, Hanz. 

2 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

I did answer. See above. I’m finding it difficult to put my point across in more simpler terms that you might understand. I’ll try. Ronaldhino and the players you mentioned above were also ‘at times’ ,during their respective peaks,the best in the world. 

I understand you perfectly, Hanz. You're just talking shit. 

1 hour ago, Sooper-hanz said:

People forget how great he was. His best period? When they beat Milan in the CL final up to 2009. To say my opinion is ‘embarrassingly stupid’ when he won UEFA club player of the year in 2005 shows extreme ignorance. He also lifted 7 or 8 trophies in a ‘ mediocre’ Liverpool side. 

Andrea Pirlo - "While at Milan he Ancelotti came to me and said, 'I want to sign Steven Gerrard to play next to you in midfield - what do you think?' Without any hesitation I told him, 'Do it - go and sign him.'

"At this stage he was probably the most complete midfield player in Europe, of course I wanted to partner him.

Pele - "The fans, they look only for forwards, always a forward. Somebody who scores. Sometimes you have a player like Gerrard. For me, for the last five years Gerrard has been the best player in the world.

Francesco Totti - "Steven Gerrard would be the captain of my World XI dream team. Gerrard is a complete player because he can play in every position and can do everything with a football at any time in a game

Zinedine Zidane - "There was a point when Gerrard was the best midfield player in the world. It is unusual to get complete midfield players who can do everything, but that is what he was."

Not my words Parkie, the words of Pele,Totti,Pirlo and Zidane. 

When once asked “what does it feel like to be the best player in the world?” Zidane reportedly replied: “I don’t know, ask Paul Scholes.”

Love you Hanz. But you are talking out of your arse. 

Gerrard wasn't even the best midfielder in that England team. It was Lampard. 

7 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

That actually backs up my point, Styzo. Different players at different time can be ‘at the time’ and at that peak of their career,be the best in the world. 

Scholes played from 1993-2013 for Man Utd. 

Gerrard played from 1998-2015 for Liverpool. 

Yeah I see, that different time was massive. Would need Bill and Ted to comprehend that amount of time travel.