Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Invitation to Lewis/Bates/Mclennan/Ramirez that they can knock at his door anytime...

Bates and McLennan clearly aren't good enough. If however he doesn't need to sell players in order to bring in the 3 that he wants then its a no-brainer to keep Lewis and Ramirez (if they want to stay), whether as first choice or back up they're both clearly good enough to be squad players at the very least.

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Bates and McLennan clearly aren't good enough. If however he doesn't need to sell players in order to bring in the 3 that he wants then its a no-brainer to keep Lewis and Ramirez (if they want to stay), whether as first choice or back up they're both clearly good enough to be squad players at the very least.

Expensive back ups though. Sure Goodwin would be happy if both knocked on his door asking to leave 

29 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Invitation to Lewis/Bates/Mclennan/Ramirez that they can knock at his door anytime...

McLennan comes across as someone who'll happily just sit there on the bench and collect a wage. 

Lewis must be wanting away, surely. He's been stripped of the captains armband and now 2nd choice behind Roos. He can't surely be happy with that. 

The other two I'd be least surprised about if they left. 

2 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

McLennan comes across as someone who'll happily just sit there on the bench and collect a wage. 

Lewis must be wanting away, surely. He's been stripped of the captains armband and now 2nd choice behind Roos. He can't surely be happy with that. 

The other two I'd be least surprised about if they left. 

Wouldn't be surprised at any/all being gone by the end of August though. 

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Wouldn't be surprised at any/all being gone by the end of August though. 

Not convinced.. if neither Lewis or Ramirez  has contributed anything to the team by the time January comes around then fair enough i'd have no issues getting rid. Genuinely believe Ramirez (along with 1 or 2 others in our squad) will be well into double figures by then though.

8 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Not convinced.. if neither Lewis or Ramirez  has contributed anything to the team by the time January comes around then fair enough i'd have no issues getting rid. Genuinely believe Ramirez (along with 1 or 2 others in our squad) will be well into double figures by then though.

I think Ramirez will be gone. The number change, Miovski starting ahead of him and the numerous times Goodwin has mentioned players with a year to go on their contract could go if they wished, which seems to hint at Ramirez and one or two others. 

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

I think Ramirez will be gone. The number change, Miovski starting ahead of him and the numerous times Goodwin has mentioned players with a year to go on their contract could go if they wished, which seems to hint at Ramirez and one or two others. 

Goodwin absolutely wants the likes of Bates, Ramirez, Watkins and Lewis out. It's blatantly obvious to most of us based on how they are being used (or not used in the case of some). 

These guys are on pretty good deals though you'd suspect and would generally be harder to persuade to move on as a result. 

2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Maybe being a bit naive or simplistic here but surely, even at 31, a decent goalie could be coached to attain the ability to command his or her’s area? 

My main worry for our season is that a lot of the good work we do is undone by goalkeeping gaffs.

I suspect we’ll be looking for a new goalie next summer. 

As comfortable as the League Cup was, Roos was quite “flappy” with crosses in all 4 games.

Simple tactic against us would be to put inswinging corners on top of him. 

Just watched the JG interview,  he speaks well and deffo gets you excited! So Coulson and 2 others by the end of the window can't really complain with that, love the obsessed old firm comments on Twitter! Goodwins got to them already!  I think we are going to be well up for this on Sunday!! 

• Haha 1
38 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Unless he’s away in the next 12 days he won’t be joining an MLS team. I think he’ll be here until January at least.

13 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Just watched the JG interview,  he speaks well and deffo gets you excited! So Coulson and 2 others by the end of the window can't really complain with that, love the obsessed old firm comments on Twitter! Goodwins got to them already!  I think we are going to be well up for this on Sunday!! 

where can we see the interview ?

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

True. For a tall keeper he doesn't seem to command his area as he should 

No keeper commands thier areas anymore to busy punching, slapping, palming, fisting, tipping, clawing,  parrying, balls back into danger areas, than actually coming and catching the fucking ball  catching a ball and in particular a diving catch is now a distant memory.

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

If Coulson was or is as shite as the usual suspects on here are proclaiming, how has he lasted as long as he has at Boro without getting bombed a long time ago, playing 46 games for them in the prawcess?

You could counter that with how did he manage to get 20 odd games for Middlesbrough one season then get put out on loan the next season to two different clubs and make a grand total of 18 games between them in a lower level of football. 
Was he injured 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

My main worry for our season is that a lot of the good work we do is undone by goalkeeping gaffs.

I suspect we’ll be looking for a new goalie next summer. 

As comfortable as the League Cup was, Roos was quite “flappy” with crosses in all 4 games.

Simple tactic against us would be to put inswinging corners on top of him. 

Lets give him a chance yet. Lets see how the next 3 or 4 games go.

43 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Goodwin has said three more signings since we were on about 4 signings.

He's not named the positions of this apparent final 2. 

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Goodwin has said three more signings since we were on about 4 signings.

He's not named the positions of this apparent final 2. 

Yeah 3,  one hopefully by the end of tonight and 2 more, hopefully some decent buys towards end of window.? though I think Roberts looks a baller! 

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

You would think the amount he says exits or exited in nearly every interview I would be excited but so far I’m not but hopefully after Sunday I will be but I can’t see it