Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I actually always thought McLean, Jack and Shinnie were too similar. All pretty defensive minded. When the 3 of them played it was normally Kenny who played further forward and his shooting was woeful (anyone mind the prematch routine when Sheerin or doc would bounce the ball about the 18 yard line and they took it in turns to try score on the half volley?)

The only difference I saw in them was Shinnie was better in a tackle (got a lot of bookings but he even got them for fair challenges) and scored the odd goal. McLean was better at passing, great engine and scored the odd goal. And Jack. Well he was shite. 5 yard sideways or backwards passes. Used to give hospital passes to the defense then shout at them and shat out of most tackles.

Think he's improved with the wrong uns but I still look at him and think he doesn't do anything well

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I actually always thought McLean, Jack and Shinnie were too similar. All pretty defensive minded. When the 3 of them played it was normally Kenny who played further forward and his shooting was woeful (anyone mind the prematch routine when Sheerin or doc would bounce the ball about the 18 yard line and they took it in turns to try score on the half volley?)

The only difference I saw in them was Shinnie was better in a tackle (got a lot of bookings but he even got them for fair challenges) and scored the odd goal. McLean was better at passing, great engine and scored the odd goal. And Jack. Well he was shite. 5 yard sideways or backwards passes. Used to give hospital passes to the defense then shout at them and shat out of most tackles.

Think he's improved with the wrong uns but I still look at him and think he doesn't do anything well

Blinkered view of the snake to be fair. He was very good for us. Anybody whos played football at any level could appreciate the job he did for the team. The goons who stood in front of me in the South who would berate him every game were absolute dweebs who had never kicked a ball for anybody in their life.

• Upvote 2
16 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

I think the complete opposite.  By way of example, if Ferguson was a top player, he'd have been able to take our bottom 6 games by the scruff the neck and really dominate.  He wasn't able for it.  Time will, but I don't believe he has it in him to succeed at a much higher level. 

I hate Jack, probably more than any player past or present in Scottish football, but he's in a different class to Ferguson IMO.

Do you believe Jack could have taken our bottom six games by the scruff of the neck & really dominate? ?

He certainly isn’t a ‘different class’ to Ferguson. That is overrated BS in the extreme. He was by far the worst/most nonexistent player on the park v Frankfurt 

Jack was a tidy player, but never a stand out.

He was better for us than a lot care to remember, but as tidy as he was, he was never spectacular.

Not a game changer, or a player that could lift others around him.

As FnD says, not a player to rely on to take a game by the scruff of the neck and pull his team out of the shit in a tough game.

Certainly nowhere near the worst midfielder to play for us, but will never be remembered for anything other than being an Aberdonian hun who was an average player for us.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

"We spoke about lazy recruitment – it's very easy to sign players from teams that you play against in your own league."

Seems Jim Goodwin's of a similar mind to many of the fans as far as recruitment goes. Actually quite refreshing to hear.

Is it lazy recruitment or all we can get! If Fleetwood Town are out bidding us we get what’s left

Seems there’s a shit ton of work going into our recruitment. Never heard that before. 
Glad they aren’t just throwing out the usual old bs lines ?

Appears he is trying to achieve something Glass didn’t, to try & please the fans.

Sign ALL ten players in one day rather than drip feed the shite as a form of Chinese water torture 

24 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Jack was a tidy player, but never a stand out.

He was better for us than a lot care to remember, but as tidy as he was, he was never spectacular.

Not a game changer, or a player that could lift others around him.

As FnD says, not a player to rely on to take a game by the scruff of the neck and pull his team out of the shit in a tough game.

Certainly nowhere near the worst midfielder to play for us, but will never be remembered for anything other than being an Aberdonian hun who was an average player for us.

Critical part of the team though and carried out his job brilliantly. Every good team has a player who is 'nothing special' on the eye but is appreciated by his team mates. Snake features was that man for us at that time. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Critical part of the team though and carried out his job brilliantly. Every good team has a player who is 'nothing special' on the eye but is appreciated by his team mates. Snake features was that man for us at that time. 

Agree Dazzy, like I said, a tidy player.

A lot of times, playing it simple is the best way, breaking up play, and moving it on to others that can do something with it.

The unseen work off the ball also.

2 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

Agree Dazzy, like I said, a tidy player.

A lot of times, playing it simple is the best way, breaking up play, and moving it on to others that can do something with it.

The unseen work off the ball also.

Ah yes

recycling possession needs to be brought back in as a favourable phrase.  Very under appreciated 

?

’only people that have played would understand’ 

?

absolute codswallop 

Jack is shit

• Upvote 2
49 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Blinkered view of the snake to be fair. He was very good for us. Anybody whos played football at any level could appreciate the job he did for the team. The goons who stood in front of me in the South who would berate him every game were absolute dweebs who had never kicked a ball for anybody in their life.

Spot on. Always the out ball, immaculate keeping possession and moving us forward. Nothing flash but absolutely central to McInnes's best side 

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Ah yes

recycling possession needs to be brought back in as a favourable phrase.  Very under appreciated 

?

’only people that have played would understand’ 

?

absolute codswallop 

Jack is shit

We get you’re not a fan.I’m not a Jack fan either, but he wasn’t shit.

Usually did a tidy job, no more, no less.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

But I genuinely think he was shite for us & we often played far better when he was out. He ‘recycled possession’ ? but often in his desperation to ‘complete’ his shitty wee passes (for his stats), it was at expense of putting his own team mate in danger of being the one to lose possession. Jack was a slope shoulder cunt. I genuinely didn’t like him in the team as his dull form of play spread through the whole side.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Do you believe Jack could have taken our bottom six games by the scruff of the neck & really dominate? ?

He certainly isn’t a ‘different class’ to Ferguson. That is overrated BS in the extreme. He was by far the worst/most nonexistent player on the park v Frankfurt 

I believe he would have offered greater protection to the back line, I believe he would easily have recycled possession and kept possession for us resulting in less balls coming straight back on top of the defence. So yes he would have made a great difference at times. 

Worst player - and you don't let your bitterness get in the way of your judgement. 

Sure ?

17 minutes ago, YorkDon said:

I think the phrase is bitter and obsessed. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was one of the ones claiming that we wouldn't miss Jack when we signed Tansey.  

9 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But I genuinely think he was shite for us & we often played far better when he was out. He ‘recycled possession’ ? but often in his desperation to ‘complete’ his shitty wee passes (for his stats), it was at expense of putting his own team mate in danger of being the one to lose possession. Jack was a slope shoulder cunt. I genuinely didn’t like him in the team as his dull form of play spread through the whole side.

Another fine contribution to the fountain of pish