Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aye, cos its likely transfermarkt.com know something Goodwin doesn't 

Of course Goodwin would know his soon to be new LCB is left footed as that what he has stated he wants, but surely you can see the funny side to the meltdown that would occur on here if the play was right footed

Couple of centre backs that played for him previously were Akin Famewo and Sean McLaughlin who are both left sided Centre backs.

Famewo has been on loan from Norwich to Charlton for the past 2 seasons after his 6 months at St Mirren. They had an option to make permanant but sacked the manager at end of season so not activated. Not sure he would be exciting though.

Sean McLoughlin he tried to sign for St Mirren when he was leaving Cork but he chose to go to Hull for more money. He is someone who JG really rates very highly. He was loaned to St Mirren after that and was outstanding for half a season in a poor St Mirren team. He tried to get him back a couple of times but Hull wouldn't let him leave, and he finally broke into the Hull team last autumn. Been ever present since though and played very well in the championship so would seem very unlikely we could now afford him. Hull though have got a new turkish owner who is meant to be looking to splash the cash though this summer so Arveladze might be willing to let him go if he is bringing in some big names.

Stuart Findlay is also a possible. He has only 6 months left of a contract in the states and hasn't been getting much game time over there. He had good pace and and left sided.

14 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Couple of centre backs that played for him previously were Akin Famewo and Sean McLaughlin who are both left sided Centre backs.

Famewo has been on loan from Norwich to Charlton for the past 2 seasons after his 6 months at St Mirren. They had an option to make permanant but sacked the manager at end of season so not activated. Not sure he would be exciting though.

Sean McLoughlin he tried to sign for St Mirren when he was leaving Cork but he chose to go to Hull for more money. He is someone who JG really rates very highly. He was loaned to St Mirren after that and was outstanding for half a season in a poor St Mirren team. He tried to get him back a couple of times but Hull wouldn't let him leave, and he finally broke into the Hull team last autumn. Been ever present since though and played very well in the championship so would seem very unlikely we could now afford him. Hull though have got a new turkish owner who is meant to be looking to splash the cash though this summer so Arveladze might be willing to let him go if he is bringing in some big names.

Stuart Findlay is also a possible. He has only 6 months left of a contract in the states and hasn't been getting much game time over there. He had good pace and and left sided.

Thar's who I think it'll be

Not sure it'll excite the support much mind you. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Whilst I appreciate my opinion is vastly undervalued on here ?

signing a quality CH would certainly excite me (although I’d prefer two minimum) as I am a firm believer in building a very solid back line & spine first & foremost & then add the quality further forward to compliment that. Strong defensive unit allows the rest far more freedom to take risks going forward 

Or it was conducted on fri night/sat morning ?‍♂️

A strong centre half would be needed but he would hardly excite anyone. Excite for me is someone who can change games for the good when we are struggling, just seemed a very strange choice of words for me 

1 hour ago, thurso said:

A strong centre half would be needed but he would hardly excite anyone. Excite for me is someone who can change games for the good when we are struggling, just seemed a very strange choice of words for me 

My thoughts exactly.

Maybe it’s Virgil Van Dyke, however?

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Signing the next William Miller would be pretty damn exciting 

Surely the player would excite the fans if he was signed from a team that was doing well and defensively sound? I get that a CH isn't a glamorous signing but if has performed well in his current team and his team have performed well i'd be thinking it was a good signing. But if we signed him from a team that shipped goals and got relegated for example i'd have my doubts. We'll see when said player signs..

9 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Mini DMd me an exclusive - feel I need to share it - we will sign a left sided cb end of this week or start of next. Appreciate his on the pulse info as always ?

The funny thing is, if you weren't such a prick I would have told you that a week ago.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, thurso said:

Aye, it’s pedantic, but maybe “please” the fans would’ve been a better choice of word. 

Let’s see who it is first.

Folk touting Findlay… I’m not convinced by him. I know he got to the Scotland squad, or the fringes of it, but I was never that impressed when he played against us. 

A mentioned Findlay when he played for Kilmarnock as a good defender we should be going for due to his pace and got told by almost everyone on here that he was shite, Kilmarnock pffftt etc, seen him plenty of times and was clearly better than any of our CB, s at the time,how the world turns eh

4 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

A mentioned Findlay when he played for Kilmarnock as a good defender we should be going for due to his pace and got told by almost everyone on here that he was shite, Kilmarnock pffftt etc, seen him plenty of times and was clearly better than any of our CB, s at the time,how the world turns eh

That never happened. 

6 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

As most people arent overly enamoured by this suggestion, I dont understand your smugness.