Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

What you asking him for? 

Probably because he said about a week ago we are close to signing a CB that will excite the fans then Goodwin says exactly that tonight…

On another note he seemed to smile when he said South American players, probably reading too much into it but hopefully a few incoming. 

1 minute ago, slippers said:

Probably because he said about a week ago we are close to signing a CB that will excite the fans then Goodwin says exactly that tonight…

On another note he seemed to smile when he said South American players, probably reading too much into it but hopefully a few incoming. 

Ronny Hernandez was South American......

46 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

unlikely, as Goodwin said it was someone the fans would be excited about (Hector baby has chosen love and adulation over money)

Remember how our previous manager said how the fans would be really surprised at how good Gurr would be & also that the fans don’t realise just how good JET is ?

I am exited by the fact he recognises the desperate need to improve our defence & build from that but I hope he doesn’t genuinely believe he can fix that with just ONE new CH ?

2 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

So is left sided the same as left footed??

He wants a left footed LCH as he believes it is a disadvantage to play CH’s on their weaker sides/feet as they will often try to come in on their favoured foot (into more dangerous areas) rather than playin out down the lines. 

He 100% favours 4 at back though so we can end all the chat about us playing a back 3. 
He wants pace at back (preferred high line) with FB’s bombing on.

All good old fashioned back to basics that ‘should’ excite ?

3 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

He wants a left footed LCH as he believes it is a disadvantage to play CH’s on their weaker sides/feet as they will often try to come in on their favoured foot (into more dangerous areas) rather than playin out down the lines. 

He 100% favours 4 at back though so we can end all the chat about us playing a back 3. 
He wants pace at back (preferred high line) with FB’s bombing on.

All good old fashioned back to basics that ‘should’ excite ?

Thanks for the info, I was just reading about JG on the JG thread, funny that

I believe the lad Jack Tucker is a left sided CH, from Gillingham. Been linked a wee while now so could be him. 

Highly thought of and has a few suitors but no doubt because Gillingham aren't great folk will cry he's not VVD. 

That would be my guess. 

3 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I believe the lad Jack Tucker is a left sided CH, from Gillingham. Been linked a wee while now so could be him. 

Highly thought of and has a few suitors but no doubt because Gillingham aren't great folk will cry he's not VVD. 

That would be my guess. 

Tucker is right footed according to transfermarkt and going by what Goodwin said he wants a left footer on the left

5 minutes ago, CCB III said:

That would be my guess. 

Not a bad shout but I’m not sure we have the clout  to secure a British player that will excite the fans.  More likely a foreign import we have never heard of I think? Easier to get exited about a foreign player with a bit of promise I think. 

4 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Thought he was a decent shout as he plays LCH then had a look and he’s right footed.

Would be funny if it was him tho just to watch the meltdown of Goodwin doesn’t have a clue

Pretty intrigued to see who it is. Really set his stall out when the deal isn’t even finalised. Also saying that he will excite the fans is quite the boast. 

Goodwin confirmed he prefers four at the back in either a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, so I'll stop my musings that he may go three at the back.  

If we're in for this Albanian dude, a LCH and a keeper, the other signings will be up top, unless we have to replace Ramsay and Ferguson.

The recruitment talk was interesting.  Let's see where it actually takes us.  

Albanian mafia hard nut in midfield would be a good start.  Add a few drug crazed South Americans up front and a smooth chilled out Dutch centre half and we might be on to something.

Guest milne_afc
4 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Hate to break it to you but the player close to signing is Charles Dunne.

Well I hope Allan Reid is suspended from Twitter before the announcement.

6 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Hate to break it to you but the player close to signing is Charles Dunne.

Hard to believe the Dons would offer and Saints would accept an offer in May.

I dont think its him but if he is a target surely far more likely to drag on all summer with us saying he's worth £100k and Saints claiming it should be £500k