The Luis Lopes Thread

As far as squad stats go, he's got the highest number of assists (7) and the third highest goal tally (5), despite not starting as many games as some.

He's also one of the most entertaining footballers in the squad to watch.

We'll miss him if he goes.  Either we replace him with someone equally as good or Duncan, Benji, and Morris will have to get a shit load better.  

• Upvote 1

So transfermarkt.com have him valued at €1.8m so double that is normally what players seem to go for alot of the time, don't know why but they do so £3m is about right, I think it's a quick and easy money maker. 

I think alot in here need to get used to the model we have buy cheap and sell for profit. 

I also question I'd he would sign a new contract so another reason to take the cash if it is actually offered. 

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

The fact he has only "fired on all cylinders" for what, 30% of his games would suggest entirely that he IS a flash in the pan?

It suggests his manager is a gype that doesn't play to the strengths of his better players which leads to said players either not playing or being played out of position. The fact that we're talking about only 2-3 million for him after him being player of the year last year is down to the manager and his stubbornness and the board giving him the job in the first place.

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, JamieMT said:

Last season he took a while to bed in, not at all uncommon for players from abroad regardless of the League they play in. But once he did he was on fire.

This season such performances have been sporadic. But again, Miovski aside those who shone last season haven't hit the same heights and i lay the responsibility of that largely at the feet of Barry Robson and his talent stifling tactics.

If we're talking flash in the pan, i'd look to Sam Cosgrove. Purple patch either side of which he couldn't hit a barn door and during which we were often left mystified by him hitting the net despite being absolutely rotten.

I think that's right. Robson retention maybe making it easier decision to move away. He's shown what he's capable of. Don't think it was a fluke 

3mill euros for him would be peanuts no matter what some of you neeps think. About 1million quid we'd clear? Chump change for a player a decent manager would get absolutely firing. 

That said, if we were to lose one player this transfer window out of him and Miovski I'd hope for it to be Duk, but here's hoping neither. (Unless someone comes in with crazy money bids for them)

• Upvote 4
8 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

As far as squad stats go, he's got the highest number of assists (7) and the third highest goal tally (5), despite not starting as many games as some.

He's also one of the most entertaining footballers in the squad to watch.

We'll miss him if he goes.  Either we replace him with someone equally as good or Duncan, Benji, and Morris will have to get a shit load better.  

We’ll replace him with another Pape Gueye. The bean counters will be happy we’ve another million or so in the bank though.

Some folk need to be careful what they wish for.

9 hours ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

It's how we sell a move to a Mioskvi, Ramadani, Duk etc .. we're a shop window / springboard club and it's a good way to make easy money IF we identify the right players. They get to play in full houses at Ibrox and Celtic Park, Hampden, European football.. then move to a bigger club once their profile is raised. Rinse and repeat. Downside is the team is forever 'in transition'.

Once it is established it should only be one, maybe 2, player per year.

We only sold McCrorie and Ramadani in 2023. Its just a shame we binned off about 15+ players for being utter shit.

That would not be a transition and especially if you'd planned for 1-2 years that McCrorie would leave at that point

I'll be absolutely gutted if we sell Duk in this window. Most exciting player we've had in years. Some of the things we've seen him do have been incredible. He's been in and out the team this season because of the way Barry's set us up, and he's not been given the chance to play to his capabilities because we've persisted in shelling long, high balls aimlessly forward. Watching him in that St Mirren game you could see how fed up he was getting with it. If he'd been playing against Ross County the other night in that formation and with the style of football we were playing he would have loved it.

Amazing that we've been blessed with two of the best strikers we've had in the last 40 years at the same time, and our manager has persisted with playing anti football so that we hardly create any chances for them.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, a don in oz said:

3mill euros for him would be peanuts no matter what some of you neeps think. About 1million quid we'd clear? Chump change for a player a decent manager would get absolutely firing. 

That said, if we were to lose one player this transfer window out of him and Miovski I'd hope for it to be Duk, but here's hoping neither. (Unless someone comes in with crazy money bids for them)

Plus we only get 50% of any fee

I totally understand why some think he's worth more, but we have to remember the leagues wank, we did nothing in Europe, I also don't believe he will sign another contract all these are taken into consideration when agreeing a fee and unfortunately if he was that good it wouldn't be a swiss club that was after him, I hope he stays but we have to be realistic unfortunately,I'd rather we sold him now that loose in in 18ms to the ugly sisters for free.

• Dildo 1
9 hours ago, Dons79 said:

IMG-7364.png

his contribution this season (goal,assist)

doesn’t strike me as horrible is all, looking at his contributions, with his game time under Robson this season smacks as quite good, could be better as we all know who good he really can be, not horrible though.

Aye he’s actually been decent. Just below the standards he set last season which we all hoped was just the start. 

henalso missed ridiculous amount of sitters at the start of the season which didn’t help his confidence 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

We've turned down the bid apparently so clearly the club value him higher as well.

If there are desperate English championship clubs waiting in the wings then let the bidding war commence.

Or if you read a different reporter there has been no bid