The Luis Lopes Thread

4 minutes ago, Forever Red said:

Hope he doesn't go buy if he does much does anyone reckon we'd get?

I think he will break our transfer record. Reckon maybe 6m rising to 8m or something. I’d want more but his form hasn’t been massively strong of late and we never get what I really want. Hopefully closer to 10 but I think we may be disappointed. 

edit - forgetting we may lose 50% of this which may mean we hold out for more? 

We are at the point in the window where money means little when there isn't time to use it to get a replacement. 

Duk has a mix of attributes that is normally beyond a team of our level. He is fast, skilful, decent finisher and strong usually we have to pick one or maybe two of the above abilities as that's what our budget allows.

Add in the fact that there is a transfer  percentage clause in his deal and it seems like a no win situation. 

3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

it would need to be stupid money to even get us thinking about it.

Agreed, even if he does get sold for something like 5M we are only going to see half of that money. It would be more beneficial financially speaking to have him around for this season to help drive us to another third place imo.

5 minutes ago, Willo flood said:

Agreed, even if he does get sold for something like 5M we are only going to see half of that money. It would be more beneficial financially speaking to have him around for this season to help drive us to another third place imo.

This is definitely a player if sold we need replacement in door first. But agree with what you said. If we only get 50% 2.5m is knowhere near enough to part with him. 

12 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

If 5 heed shank land is worth £7m (as the ridiculous rumours suggests) then Duk it worth more. 

Duk loves the fans he says. Let’s see if he loves us enough to stay for our most important season for a long time. 

Who was running the 7m story. Value I seen quoted was around 3m. 

15 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

He can leave in January. With a League Cup winner's medal and 4 Europa league goals to his name.

If he can bag a few goals in Europe he’ll have better teams than Leeds and Southampton looking at him.

Look at Lewis Ferguson as a good example. Kicked up a fuss because he didn’t get a move to Watford, I doubt he’s still thinking that now while making a name for himself at Bologna.

At the end of the day, money talks though I suppose. The chance to increase his wages 10x or more might make his mind up regardless of what team it is.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, slippers said:

Who was running the 7m story. Value I seen quoted was around 3m. 

Sorry was £4m plus add ons… whatever that amasses to. 

Still Duk only 23 with better ability and Shankland 28 would mean we should command a higher fee. 

Robson / Cormack have said they have communicated a value to the players and if that value is met they will sell them. This came out after the sale of McCrorie or Rama… They have also said we don’t need to sell our players in this window… 

Southamptons is interesting seeing who their new HOR is.