St Johnstone 0 - 1 Aberdeen

wELL DONE dONS, very happy to be proved way wrong. So much better. Not perfect though, saints were dugcrap but they still managed to get a grip in midfield at times. Great goal obviously...I wonder though without that we'd have been looking at a 0-0? Nothing wrong with Stewarts passing today, nor Roos goalkeeping. Coulson MoM? He was great. Duk looks fun! Enjoy your saturday fellow reds!! SF

1 minute ago, Dandie1992 said:

Just being a complete menace and ripping the piss with some skills. Lingered on the ball at one point after skinning a few boys and then lost it before sprinting into a slide tackle to take the ball back. Goodwin went fuckin bananas at him for that haha

Also beat two men while sitting on his arse, which I thought was a highlight.

• Upvote 1
Just now, 1903Fitba said:

What’s Duk being doing? Not watched the game. 

Just being a complete menace and ripping the piss with some skills. Lingered on the ball at one point after skinning a few boys and then lost it before sprinting into a slide tackle to take the ball back. Goodwin went fuckin bananas at him for that haha

Much better overall. Coulson probably most impressive for me - looks to have real quality, will be a great loan if he stays fit. Thought McCrorie covered a lot of ground in midfield, his pace and energy are great assets in there. Hayes was everywhere today as well. I have to say as well that Richardson looked a lot better today too - the whole backline looked pretty solid to be fair.

Duk looked much better when he came on too. Morris has potential as well. I think we've got a team full of potential and raw ingredients - if they can improve and gel together we could have a decent team on our hands. 

A better game than anticipated, although St Johnstone did their best to hack us to bits as usual.

Fortunately Clarkson's magical free kick went in, because yet again we're the victim of two massive calls that could have seen us drop two points. 

The Mio goal that was chalked off, and there could only have been millimeters in it if he was offside at all, and the clear second yellow the ref didn't give against I forget which of their 11 hammer throwers that should have seen them reduced to 10 for much of the second half. 

It's every fucking game.

• Upvote 2

Have to say some good performances in there. 

I think it's apparent now that the squad has some really good raw talent and potential and it's nearly there. Talent far beyond the swamp creatures playing for the bottom 6 sides.

Just needs to be a bit more refined, to be a bit more consistent and to execute when the chances come. Doesn't need much and we'll be where we want to be. 

2 signings before window closes, some hard graft and by the end of the season I think this team will be doing well. 

• Upvote 1

Stewart was solid, Saints are perfect opposition for him. Scales is just a really good defender. McCrorie had a really good game. Coulson was excellent. I thought Duk did exactly what was asked of him, looks strong on the ball. 

Deserved a more comfortable scoreline but I thought it was a very decent performance.