St Johnstone 0 - 1 Aberdeen

12 minutes ago, NEM said:

Ha ha apparently the players and board had a “solutions meeting” behind his back this week as well. Be surprised if he sees the end of the month. Jutes are in free fall - pleasing ?

Just listened to Sportsound and he got asked about that, he pleaded ignorance about it. But those in the studio and around the grounds all knew where it was heading.

He'll be first to go. It's a myth that he's a good manager.

31 minutes ago, NEM said:

Don’t think he got any reception at all tbh

There wasn't really any opportunity, although I didn't get the feeling everyone was waiting for the moment to give him an ovation either. First game against Aberdeen...it just didn't feel like a big deal tbh. There was a small polite smattering of applause when the team lines were getting read out but once the game started, his first two big moments were him should have being booked and then actually being booked. But yeah, there was never a natural moment to give him any kind of reaction, like walking over to take a throw in in front of our fans or something

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Played well yesterday, should have won by more. On another day Miovski could have had a hat trick 

It’s been said a thousand times before but St Johnstone are horrible niggly bastards, every single break is stopped with a trip or a shirt pull. 

Jonny Hayes was absolutely outstanding ?@The Boofon ? 

Young team made a fair racket throughout ?? 

Yeah a bit annoying that. Had a reasonable game. Was his 300 appearance so guess he felt he had to put in a bit of effort. 

1 hour ago, TheRock said:

There wasn't really any opportunity, although I didn't get the feeling everyone was waiting for the moment to give him an ovation either. First game against Aberdeen...it just didn't feel like a big deal tbh. There was a small polite smattering of applause when the team lines were getting read out but once the game started, his first two big moments were him should have being booked and then actually being booked. But yeah, there was never a natural moment to give him any kind of reaction, like walking over to take a throw in in front of our fans or something

He was terrible yesterday. Passing all over the place. Goodwin proven right to pull the deal he was offered. He’s shite and to be honest stayed miles too long.

2 hours ago, NEM said:

Played well yesterday, should have won by more. On another day Miovski could have had a hat trick 

It’s been said a thousand times before but St Johnstone are horrible niggly bastards, every single break is stopped with a trip or a shirt pull. 

Jonny Hayes was absolutely outstanding ?@The Boofon ? 

Young team made a fair racket throughout ?? 

1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

Yeah a bit annoying that. Had a reasonable game. Was his 300 appearance so guess he felt he had to put in a bit of effort. 

That being said, Goodwin clearly knows the crack. 

“Aberdeen boss Jim Goodwin jokes that he was "petrified" that Jonny Hayes was going to take the free-kick that led to Leighton Clarkson's stunning winner against St Johnstone. (Press & Journal)

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Thought we played really well yesterday apart from a 10-20 min spell in the first half where we let St. Johnstone back into it. Didn't see the disallowed goal as was queuing for a steak and chorizo pie so can't comment on it, but it looked borderline on the footage I've seen. But the goal we did score was fantastic and I was pleased for the lad as he stuck to his task well despite Davidson sticking then big black loon (34) on him. Class overcomes clogger though.

Can't think of any failures in the XI or subs, but if I had to, then it would be Vinny. We need .ore from him.

A good 3 points against an awful St. Johnstone and it should have been more than 1 goal.

Woah woah woah

What the actual fuck?

Steak and chorizo? ?

11 hours ago, Russell said:

Keeper good, Stewart great at the simple stuff, defence seems much safer with Scales to cover and start the attacks. Richardson probably best showing so far, Coulson was my MOTM. Midfield kind of anonymous apart from the odd class passes from Clarkson. Front three quietly effective, Miovski not in the Stavrum realm for offsides but he does get a fair number. Morris looks like he has the potential, Polvara getting stuck in Duk's the boy - ignore Jim getting pissed off and do your thing

You thought McCrorie was anonymous? 

21 hours ago, Dandie1992 said:

Just being a complete menace and ripping the piss with some skills. Lingered on the ball at one point after skinning a few boys and then lost it before sprinting into a slide tackle to take the ball back. Goodwin went fuckin bananas at him for that haha

He did but it didn’t seem to bother the lad. It was like water off a Duk’s back. 

• Haha 2

A good day had by us there 

no issues with parking used tescos £5 was ok , stewards good particular mention to the good looking blonde who took the banter well 

man of the match for me coulston good positioning, tackles, and a fair bit of skill

stewart great tackles interceptions heading however in first 20 mins short passes which were fine or to others more talented in that area, but as time went on and confidence grew a few wayward ones the worst when in midfield and instead of laying it off put a ball into their box to no one apart from their keeper 

Roos generally good but I don’t think I’m alone in thinking he was too much time on the ball and nearly got caught out a couple of times , also had a Lewis type moment when trying to clear in 2 nd half 

duk , I think Goodwin has found his position very very strong when holding up the ball was a wee bit too elaborate when trying stuff but he is an exciting player as a no 9 

good overall performance , I liked Goodwin getting actively involved in the warm up with players , some have talked about him not being able to motivate they all seemed happy with him today .he is also acutely aware of the support of the fans and ensured the players have that bond , did you see stewart at the end beaming and acknowledging us whilst he was popular at Wycombe it was I think a higher level for him yesterday .wait till he sees the intensity if we get a result against “ the scum “ 

More of this please 

COYR

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, NEM said:

Don’t think he got any reception at all tbh

As far as I could make out something like this

If you’re looking for a striker, Bojan is the answer, Bojan Miovski, if he’s in the box he’s scoring, all the dons are roaring, Bojan Miovski”

The Ramadani one was a catchy number but couldn’t make out the words to it 

Our bus had a slightly different version.

”If you’re looking for a striker, number 9’s the answer, Bojan Miovski; somewhere in the Balkan’s story, Aberdeen are glory, Bojan Miovski”. 
Not a scooby what the Ramadani words were. 

McDiarmid is indeed, shite. 

Good day out. 

Had to get a bus to the game from city centre, no taxis in perth on a Saturday afternoon, which is bizarre. 

Stewart will be excellent at venues like so. Does the basics really well, can't ask too much of him in a playing sense. 

Roos is great with the ball at his feet, compared to Lewis, which is why I think he'll keep the jersey. 

Clarkson has that quality that'll turn 1 point to 3. Maybe a bit lightweight but if we can get him some space and time he'll hurt opponents, a really gifted player. 

Richardsons best game so far. Coulson also looks like a quality addition. 

Not getting too carried away but it was a great days work.

57 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Good day out. 

Had to get a bus to the game from city centre, no taxis in perth on a Saturday afternoon, which is bizarre. 

Stewart will be excellent at venues like so. Does the basics really well, can't ask too much of him in a playing sense. 

Roos is great with the ball at his feet, compared to Lewis, which is why I think he'll keep the jersey. 

Clarkson has that quality that'll turn 1 point to 3. Maybe a bit lightweight but if we can get him some space and time he'll hurt opponents, a really gifted player. 

Mongols voted for Brexit, every single city in the land has suffered as a result and Perth is no different. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Good day out. 

HAD to get a bus?

You OK hun?

1 minute ago, manboobs109 said:

C'mon Consi. Until you got a semi for that video of the cockney union lad you'd have been giving it exactly the same chat and you know you would.

Nah, I've said for a while both sides of the Brexit shit annoy me. 

All the obvious problems it's created the brexiteers pretend it isn't as a result of Brexit, and on the other side any slight problem faced, like taxis in Perth being hard to get on a Saturday, are attributed to it. 

It just makes for a dumb perspective. 

Just now, CCB III said:

Nah, I've said for a while both sides of the Brexit shit annoy me

All the obvious problems it's created the brexiteers pretend it isn't as a result of Brexit, and on the other side any slight problem faced, like taxis in Perth being hard to get on a Saturday, are attributed to it. 

It just makes for a dumb perspective. 

Bullshit. You were totally on the Brexit = bad train until you saw that video.

3 minutes ago, manboobs109 said:

Bullshit. You were totally on the Brexit = bad train until you saw that video.

I'm not saying Brexit isn't bad. 

Im saying staunchness from both sides is irritating, I've always maintained that. 

Id still vote remain tomorrow, probs. But looking into it from a trade union perspective I'm empathetic to their POV. 

Brexit so far has been bad. We're yet to see any benefits we were told we'd get.