St Johnstone 0 - 1 Aberdeen

50 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I must say, Duk is fucking brilliant to bring on late in the game when needing an out ball that will still absolutely terrify defenders and keep them worried about conceding. Guy is a total enigma. Nutmegs a boy, goes past another one, loses possession and sprints the ball down and fantastic slide tackle to dispossess the saints player.

Proper entertainment 

He was better today when he came on. Strong as an ox, drew fouls.

Better from him. 

Unlucky with a header too. 

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

It's a myth that he is 'class' thus far.

0% pass success in 3 and a half games.

Yes harsh as that figure is higher than 0 but don't let the lie get in the way of a good story.

Stewart cruised that game which shows how much you know about football. Totally bossed their attackers.

St Johnstone lucky not to finish with 8 players. Got to be much more scrutiny on refs. Consi had a poor foul before kicking Vinny in the stomach. Halberg made 2 professional fouls within about 5 minutes and only got booked for one. Then Carey puts in a bad challenge AND gives the ref abuse when already on a yellow.

Also if the CH isn't playing Mio onside then Consi certainly is. You can see where he's standing with the line of the grass cuttings

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

I must say, Duk is fucking brilliant to bring on late in the game when needing an out ball that will still absolutely terrify defenders and keep them worried about conceding. Guy is a total enigma. Nutmegs a boy, goes past another one, loses possession and sprints the ball down and fantastic slide tackle to dispossess the saints player.

Proper entertainment 

He's got "cult hero" written all over him that lad.

25 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He was better today when he came on. Strong as an ox, drew fouls.

Better from him. 

Unlucky with a header too. 

I like that he’s not just looking for fouls, he’s giving defences absolute harassment when he comes on 

10 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

He's got "cult hero" written all over him that lad.

36 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Great summation. Only bits I’d add would be Richardson and Morris, who I thought looked better than last week.

No way does 0-1 reflect the game, probably 0-3 would have. St Johnstone are dire, amazed that they are escaping much scrutiny. Davidson will resign by end of Aug is my prediction 

I agree on both of those too, just thought it was getting a bit long. 

Big improvement on last week throughout the team, hopefully there is more to come

26 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I made a further post about Stewart later on TWL where I praised the guy...

'Shows how much you know about football', ugh childish shit. In many areas I'm sure I don't know as much as others, and in many other ways I perhaps know more than most. It's fitba and it's very much opinions based. Using that old cliche is puke. 

What frustrates me is that I know you know what your talking about., which makes what you said even more bizarre.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

Stewart does need to improve on his passing however, without todays stats in he's sitting at 84% accuracy which isn't bad at all and a lot better than I thought it was.

I'll take a defender who wins 99% of his headers, intercepts passes and generally wins every challenge, than one who sets up van Dyke-esque counter attacks, any day of the week.

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

I know you know.

You're frustrated easily in that case if you get worked up by Roberto in a match thread lad.

Enjoy a beer.

We all need to lay off Stewart and stop nit picking. He's night and day better than Bates. Gallagher or whatever has proceeded him. Yes, he'll make the odd error, but that's teh mini-mart in which we're shopping.

Actually, it's a glass of red, but cheers in any case.

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

And none of your last 2 posts I will ever disagree with.

I made a comment on passing, which I openly admitted was over exaggerating.

His passing isn't great the last 2 games, but I am high in praise for the rest of his game.

Fair doos.

Passing is, as you'll know, somewhat borne of concentration. Today he looked like he was trying that bit harder than last week, where he couldn't buy a pass. Sometimes defenders try to find that 'wow moment' pass, where they maybe best just stick to basics. I'm sure JG has asked him to try and retain possession from a position of winning the ball back. Maybe a bit alien to him from his days at Wycombe? How knows. It'll improve with time though as he adjusts to how much time he has on the ball etc.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If the loan system is used properly & well, you get better players than you can ordinarily afford.

3 in the starting X1 is maybe a little too many as it doesn’t create continuity, but the shitshow of last seasons recruitment means we probably had to use the loan market more than normal,

But better loaning Clarkson etc as opposed to some of the dross we’ve had in recent years. 

I agree that it provides an opportunity to sign better players. In terms of continuity, I personally don’t see the difference between a player in the last year of his contract and a player on a season long loan. We had 3 of each in the squad today and we certainly got more from the 3 loan players.

45 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

I'll take a defender who wins 99% of his headers, intercepts passes and generally wins every challenge, than one who sets up van Dyke-esque counter attacks, any day of the week.

Yeah but there's plenty in between those two extremes

His passing was fine today and his general defending was top notch

But first few games he put us in proper trouble several times 

2 hours ago, redcryptoknight said:

As unremarkable as St Johnstone are their players applied themselves for the whole match and never gave up. For that reason and because it's often a sticky fixture for us, it was pleasing to see how absolutely terrible we made them look for most of the match. Reduced them to constant fouling. If the referee had done his job then there would have been one or more red cards in the game.

Good performance from us.

Davidson will be first out the door this season, they're fucking rank.

3 hours ago, Zander1903 said:

maddison esk

Will be way beyond that.

Already equaled Maddison's goal total for us in a mere 3 games.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If the loan system is used properly & well, you get better players than you can ordinarily afford.

3 in the starting X1 is maybe a little too many as it doesn’t create continuity, but the shitshow of last seasons recruitment means we probably had to use the loan market more than normal,

But better loaning Clarkson etc as opposed to some of the dross we’ve had in recent years. 

Yeah, out of these three though, we do have a chance of signing each of them.

Coulsen, last year of Boro contract - more than likely chance.

Scales - Reasonable chance.

Clarkson - Nae chunce.

1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

St Johnstone lucky not to finish with 8 players. Got to be much more scrutiny on refs. Consi had a poor foul before kicking Vinny in the stomach. Halberg made 2 professional fouls within about 5 minutes and only got booked for one. Then Carey puts in a bad challenge AND gives the ref abuse when already on a yellow.

Also if the CH isn't playing Mio onside then Consi certainly is. You can see where he's standing with the line of the grass cuttings

Yeah, horrendous lack of protection for our players, who were only actually trying to play football.

Hope Considine shites 3 or 4 hedgehogs overnight.

Ungrateful, clumsy, hacking, washed up crock, Banchory arsehole.

2 minutes ago, muttonhumper said:

Will be way beyond that.

Already equaled Maddison's goal total for us in a mere 3 games.

Yeah, out of these three though, we do have a chance of signing each of them.

Coulsen, last year of Boro contract - more than likely chance.

Scales - Reasonable chance.

Clarkson - Nae chunce.

Yeah, horrendous lack of protection for our players, who were only actually trying to play football.

Hope Considine shites 3 or 4 hedgehogs overnight.

Ungrateful, clumsy, hacking, washed up crock, Banchory arsehole.

I think he was referring to the free kick...

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Yeah but there's plenty in between those two extremes

His passing was fine today and his general defending was top notch

But first few games he put us in proper trouble several times 

And at the same time he has still bailed us out a lot, his positional sense is extremely good, even last week where he was absolutely shit he was still there 3 or 4 times to clear the danger, he's an interesting player, leads the league for interceptions too.