St Johnstone 0 - 1 Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Stewart was solid, Saints are perfect opposition for him. Scales is just a really good defender. McCrorie had a really good game. Coulson was excellent. I thought Duk did exactly what was asked of him, looks strong on the ball. 

Deserved a more comfortable scoreline but I thought it was a very decent performance. 

His (Duck) passing was a lil suspect in his short time on though but he also had a couple of decent through balls.

He is going to be fun & fkn frustrating at same time

That was far better than expected today. There was a few spells where I thought we looked pretty decent. Coulson and Hayes were brilliant, absolute cracker from Clarkson, Roos pulled off a great save in the second half, although we should have had a free kick just before and in general he still gives me the fear somewhat. Duk was looked lively when he came on, Morris could have scored a couple, nice touch from polvara to send him through for his first chance. All in all,  not bad. Bring on Livingston 

I also want to say that after getting pelters for being too lightweight, Polvara literally forced their guy off the ball and set up a great scoring chance with virtually his first touch.

McCrorie is way more impactful further up the field. 

Roos on that form has no fear of losing his first team spot.

Stewart is a good defender, but you will never convince me his distribution is anything but pish. 

Scales, effortlessly solid. 

Is there any point having Ramirez on the bench now? 

EDIT: And Clarkson, pure class. 

8 minutes ago, old sheep said:

A lot of people criticise loan signings, but Coulson, Scales and Clarkson were head and shoulders above the rest in terms of footballing ability today.  

If the loan system is used properly & well, you get better players than you can ordinarily afford.

3 in the starting X1 is maybe a little too many as it doesn’t create continuity, but the shitshow of last seasons recruitment means we probably had to use the loan market more than normal,

But better loaning Clarkson etc as opposed to some of the dross we’ve had in recent years. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If the loan system is used properly & well, you get better players than you can ordinarily afford.

3 in the starting X1 is maybe a little too many as it doesn’t create continuity, but the shitshow of last seasons recruitment means we probably had to use the loan market more than normal,

But better loaning Clarkson etc as opposed to some of the dross we’ve had in recent years. 

Clarkson for a year vs Ojo for 3 would probably back you up there. 

I must say, Duk is fucking brilliant to bring on late in the game when needing an out ball that will still absolutely terrify defenders and keep them worried about conceding. Guy is a total enigma. Nutmegs a boy, goes past another one, loses possession and sprints the ball down and fantastic slide tackle to dispossess the saints player.

Proper entertainment 

• Upvote 4
14 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

I also want to say that after getting pelters for being too lightweight, Polvara literally forced their guy off the ball and set up a great scoring chance with virtually his first touch.

McCrorie is way more impactful further up the field. 

Roos on that form has no fear of losing his first team spot.

Stewart is a good defender, but you will never convince me his distribution is anything but pish. 

Scales, effortlessly solid. 

Is there any point having Ramirez on the bench now? 

EDIT: And Clarkson, pure class. 

Polvara is a decent player. Goodwin seems to have realised that 3 in midfield is the way forward. Midfielders were hung out to dry previously. 

As unremarkable as St Johnstone are their players applied themselves for the whole match and never gave up. For that reason and because it's often a sticky fixture for us, it was pleasing to see how absolutely terrible we made them look for most of the match. Reduced them to constant fouling. If the referee had done his job then there would have been one or more red cards in the game.

Good performance from us.

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed that. Thought we deserved a couple more, but think the clean sheet was more important. 

Roos looked better

Stewart passed better and his defending was generally of a high standard

Scales back in the middle helped and Coulson looks a good player, hope he can stay fit

McRorie is much better in the middle, and Ramadani seems to play better when he is there

Miovski was unlucky 

I love Duk, he is miles from the finished article and will frustrate too, but I love the unpredictability. The excitement of having no idea what a player might do is kinda what football is all about for me 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, minijc said:

Thought Richardson looked pretty decent at both ends of the pitch today as well, so that's another positive.

Yes, he’s looked like he has settled a lot since the first few appearances. Loves to get up and down the pitch.

11 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Polvara is a decent player. Goodwin seems to have realised that 3 in midfield is the way forward. Midfielders were hung out to dry previously. 

McRorie has to play in the middle, no getting away from that. Polvara is still learning all the time and I think fans expected too much of him. Potentially he could develop into a really good player.

If he’s not hounded out, of course.

9 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

As unremarkable as St Johnstone are their players applied themselves for the whole match and never gave up. For that reason and because it's often a sticky fixture for us, it was pleasing to see how absolutely terrible we made them look for most of the match. Reduced them to constant fouling. If the referee had done his job then there would have been one or more red cards in the game.

Good performance from us.

They've been making themselves look terrible for 13 months now. 

I want to see 6 points from the next 2 games. 

After that on 10th of next month against the Huns I'd like to see a performance that has a high-performance, fearless yet ultimately hatred filled overtone to it. Regardless of result. 

If we can do that, then we can start looking at the rest of the season and think, right, how high can this squad get in top 6?

Mon the dons.

Come on you fucking reds.

• Upvote 1
28 minutes ago, JojoJuan said:

I enjoyed that. Thought we deserved a couple more, but think the clean sheet was more important. 

Roos looked better

Stewart passed better and his defending was generally of a high standard

Scales back in the middle helped and Coulson looks a good player, hope he can stay fit

McRorie is much better in the middle, and Ramadani seems to play better when he is there

Miovski was unlucky 

I love Duk, he is miles from the finished article and will frustrate too, but I love the unpredictability. The excitement of having no idea what a player might do is kinda what football is all about for me 

Great summation. Only bits I’d add would be Richardson and Morris, who I thought looked better than last week.

No way does 0-1 reflect the game, probably 0-3 would have. St Johnstone are dire, amazed that they are escaping much scrutiny. Davidson will resign by end of Aug is my prediction 

• Upvote 1