Holidays 2023

The Buzzard

47 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Cheers.

Me & 2 mates thinking about going in May. Buenos Aires & Patagonia maybe? 

One of them is the organiser. He can source flights/accommodation etc if that’s where we go.

Talked about taking in a Boca game, no idea of the practicalities of tickets etc. 

Lol, we’ll end up going somewhere in Europe & it’ll end up being “pub talk”.

I didn't go to Patagonia unfortunately. Planning on going soon though. 

Boca game could be difficult independently but there are tours that'll get you tickets and take you. We went to a River game (lost 0-1 to Cordoba) but had to go via an airbnb "tour". It was fine and the guy was spit on but it did mean it cost about £85/ea.

It was a little dodgy as we had to use season tickets of other people, with photos on them and sneak through ID checks. One of the group didn't get in. Would imagine it'd be a similar setup at a Boca game. 

Buenos Aires as a city was brilliant though, I loved it. Pretty intense in that it was constantly mobbed everywhere, traffic & car horns constantly blaring (the drivers are mental) and always something happening on the pavement (vendors selling something on busy corners). It was great though. Cheap as fuck (google "blue dollar"), really sound folk (learn some very basic Spanish and clarify that you're not English 😂) and loads to see and do. 

Might be shite weather in May though as it'll be height of winter. 

7 hours ago, BrianFaePerth said:

Singapore, UK (LOL) and Norway in June, July.

Man like Brian playing the airlines at their game and making big time savings and 4 nights in Singapore into the bargain.

Great success.

The flight prices have about halved in the last week, just got 5 days in Bali for $300 yesterday. All the Asian countries are cheap but the uk flight is still $1600 - LOL, no thanks 

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I didn't go to Patagonia unfortunately. Planning on going soon though. 

Boca game could be difficult independently but there are tours that'll get you tickets and take you. We went to a River game (lost 0-1 to Cordoba) but had to go via an airbnb "tour". It was fine and the guy was spit on but it did mean it cost about £85/ea.

It was a little dodgy as we had to use season tickets of other people, with photos on them and sneak through ID checks. One of the group didn't get in. Would imagine it'd be a similar setup at a Boca game. 

Buenos Aires as a city was brilliant though, I loved it. Pretty intense in that it was constantly mobbed everywhere, traffic & car horns constantly blaring (the drivers are mental) and always something happening on the pavement (vendors selling something on busy corners). It was great though. Cheap as fuck (google "blue dollar"), really sound folk (learn some very basic Spanish and clarify that you're not English 😂) and loads to see and do. 

Might be shite weather in May though as it'll be height of winter. 

Cheers.

Aye, May wasn’t my pick, I wanted to wait until October maybe, but my mate has a big birthday this year & is tearing the arse out of it, so Apr-May was his only spare time really, as he’s got trips to Vegas, and The Far East planned for summer & autumn with his Mrs. 

My guess is him going away on two other holidays will mean finances makes  Argentina becomes Italy or Portugal or the likes to cut expense. 

7 hours ago, Poodler said:

The flight prices have about halved in the last week, just got 5 days in Bali for $300 yesterday. All the Asian countries are cheap but the uk flight is still $1600 - LOL, no thanks 

First time there? Would recommend a couple of nights in Ubud if you don't want to spend all your time around the beaches. 

On 1/10/2023 at 2:12 PM, Fridge said:

How the fuck is this likely to happen? Even if it did just phone @Kelt

Correct.

If you find yourself pursued or treed by any wild animal just give me a quick DM on here and I'll guide you through the steps you'll need to take in order to come out of it (relatively) unscathed. 

For bears, just remember this little ditty. 

If it's Brown, lay down*. 

If it's Black, fight back. 

If it's White, you're fucked. 

* Do not lay down. Run like fuck. 'Run like fuck' doesn't rhyme, unfortunately. 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Correct.

If you find yourself pursued or treed by any wild animal just give me a quick DM on here and I'll guide you through the steps you'll need to take in order to come out of it (relatively) unscathed. 

For bears, just remember this little ditty. 

If it's Brown, lay down*. 

If it's Black, fight back. 

If it's White, you're fucked. 

* Do not lay down. Run like fuck. 'Run like fuck' doesn't rhyme, unfortunately. 

What if it’s trans?

2 hours ago, Edwin Starr said:

Aye I've been there competing in the Falkland festival hill race .

Just say the resident's do a superb job with their gardens .10/10

I used to live directly over the hill from there, most northerly part of Glenrothes. Often used to have a wee jog up to the top from that side, not as steep as from Falkland but longer. 

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I used to live directly over the hill from there, most northerly part of Glenrothes. Often used to have a wee jog up to the top from that side, not as steep as from Falkland but longer. 

Aye TC there's a relay hill race late January if I mind right taking in Scotlandwell and a another hill can't remember if for now but stunning , but event at one time .👍

You must be a good runner .

17 hours ago, Edwin Starr said:

Booked an apartment below a coffee shop in Falkland 10th of February for a few days .

Perfect for walking the Scottie dogs and a bit of hill running in the mornings.👍

Any you lads stay in that area and is the coffee shop any good.?

Get yesrsel a game or real tennis in the palace.

Or a wander up west lomond to John Knox Pulpit

2 hours ago, sigh said:

Get yesrsel a game or real tennis in the palace.

Or a wander up west lomond to John Knox Pulpit

Not aware of this sigh.

Thanks for the recommendation.👍

Will check it out the now.

https://highlanderimagesphotography.com/2020/09/24/john-knoxs-pulpit-glen-vale-lomond-hills/

Edit wow .

Definitely going to do that with the doggies .

What a recommendation.👍

https://highlanderimagesphotography.com/2020/09/24/john-knoxs-pulpit-glen-vale-lomond-hills/

• 4 weeks later...