Parity for Women's Football

Is everyone forgetting the report into the new stadium at the beach? Remember, when the new stadium is built the womens team will be averaging 12k crowds apparently. Manage that in the next few years and maybe they would be deserving of equal wages... the reality though is that they'll be lucky to average more than 1k crowds in the next 20 years.

7 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Is everyone forgetting the report into the new stadium at the beach? Remember, when the new stadium is built the womens team will be averaging 12k crowds apparently. Manage that in the next few years and maybe they would be deserving of equal wages... the reality though is that they'll be lucky to average more than 1k crowds in the next 20 years.

I'd like to see a fan poll taken regards the women's team. 

See if we'd rather keep funding this bullshit PR exercise, or see the funds redirected into the real team. 

• Upvote 1

About twenty years ago, an Aberdeen women’s team (not AFC as they started later, but a predecessor of them) challenged me and my mates to a game. They trained 3 times a week. We were just blokes that went to the pub. 
Final score 10-1 the blokes. 

If they want parity, tell them to open an OnlyFans page wearing just their AFC tops, might drag in some cash that way. 

19 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

About twenty years ago, an Aberdeen women’s team (not AFC as they started later, but a predecessor of them) challenged me and my mates to a game. They trained 3 times a week. We were just blokes that went to the pub. 

If they want parity, tell them to open an OnlyFans page wearing just their AFC tops, might drag in some cash that way. 

When in primary school (this was 20+ years ago), we played whatever incarnation of the AFC women’s team was on the go at the time.

We won. I think it was 4-2, although can’t remember much about it now. Definitely won though.

I suspect the women’s team would be able to see off a primary school team these days to be fair to them

Guest findlay_1903
11 hours ago, Pat_Nevin said:

@findlay_1903thoughts? Similar to when the old dragon thought she coud take 50% of your hoose and season ticket.

Women shouldn’t be allowed to leave the kitchen or the bedroom in my book, never mind get the same pay as male.  THAT BITCH TOOK EVERYTHING BAR THE SHIRT ON MY BACK. 

1 hour ago, findlay_1903 said:

Women shouldn’t be allowed to leave the kitchen or the bedroom in my book, never mind get the same pay as male.  THAT BITCH TOOK EVERYTHING BAR THE SHIRT ON MY BACK. 

What caused her to leave you, I wonder? In order to get to the bedroom she would have to leave the kitchen and vice versa so your plan is a non-starter. Perhaps you could put a camp bed in the kitchen, kill two birds with one stone. 

Guest findlay_1903
14 hours ago, perthshirered said:

What caused her to leave you, I wonder? In order to get to the bedroom she would have to leave the kitchen and vice versa so your plan is a non-starter. Perhaps you could put a camp bed in the kitchen, kill two birds with one stone. 

My dick was too big for her. Genuinely. The dragon limped most days. 

On 2/15/2023 at 5:57 PM, sheepcrooky said:

?  was that a consolation goal or you genuinely let them score ?   jeez  

Westhill Ladies ? 

On 2/15/2023 at 5:57 PM, sheepcrooky said:

God dont encourage of. These women all drove to the game on infastructure and played on a pitch built by men. The first post is correct. Equality of opportunity. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, RedRevolution said:

Last week a female friend passionately made a case for parity of salary for the AFC ladies team. 

How many games does she attend? If she passionately believes in better pay for female sports stars she should begin by putting her hand in her pocket and going to matches. 

On 2/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, RedRevolution said:

I have to declare I never read or watch any of the afc women's footage.

I have been to one game this season. I quite enjoyed the football but the crowds are a fraction of the men's game.

When they generate simiar revenue they should be able to expect similar pay.

This isn't same work for same pay at the local council, there isn't equality of pay within in the teams themselves, or the league. There is a massive disparity in pay between say Celtic and ourselves, then again to Ross County etc, but even Celtic wages are peanuts to Man City or PSG. So where is this equity that is a must have? Whose salary are all the women to be aligned to? And should the Alloa or Dumbarton players have that equity too?

Complete bollocks 

5 hours ago, JojoJuan said:

This isn't same work for same pay at the local council, there isn't equality of pay within in the teams themselves, or the league. There is a massive disparity in pay between say Celtic and ourselves, then again to Ross County etc, but even Celtic wages are peanuts to Man City or PSG. So where is this equity that is a must have? Whose salary are all the women to be aligned to? And should the Alloa or Dumbarton players have that equity too?

Complete bollocks 

Ands that what the wifies team should get

6 hours ago, JojoJuan said:

Complete bollocks 

Yeh it’s nonsense, the club fucked up by making the women’s team part of the club rather than being a separate entity.

The women’s team will never get 12k fans at their games on regular occasions. It’s expensive enough to go to men’s football and then they expect people to also buy a ticket to the women’s which is a much worse standard, aye right.

• 1 month later...

Most definitely not and I think we should cut any and all official ties with the girls team that are currently allowed to wear the Dons kit and use our facilities. Money down the drain and it's frankly all a bit embarrassing.

I'm still not sure letting them into The Grill was a good idea either but I'll be damned if I'm ever going to support a girls football team. It's just not natural. 

• Dildo 1
On 2/17/2023 at 7:38 AM, Ernie McCracken said:

There's not even parity within men's club football, so how the fuck would giving women parity even fucking work? 

This is not like international football where everyone gets paid the same. Everyone negotiates their own individual contracts, so there is no thing such as parity. 

Ignorant woke nonsense. 

Hohoho. Nail on the head.

Incredible that we waste money on this.

We shouldn't divert resource to any ladies team that they didn't earn. They need to earn it.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1

Watched, and sometimes assisted with coaching, my loon from under 8's to under 19's.

The quality of football throughout was of a decent standard contrary to the farce that is called women's football. 

If they want to munch each other's rugs they can do that without dressing up in Dons kit supplied via season ticket sales for the men's team.

As many say elsewhere, shambles. 

• Haha 1