1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

We’ve been used to life without him forever. He’s not even a first 11 player and there’s people on here losing their mind he’s leaving. 

I actually think it's worse people moaning he's not getting a game. Aye he's a useful player on his day but if you aren't committed to the club why should you playing ahead of boys who are? 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

We’ve been used to life without him forever. He’s not even a first 11 player and there’s people on here losing their mind he’s leaving. 

This. Who gives a fuck.

Good wee player, lots of potential. Scouts scrutinise U21 national teams to tap up cheap young talent and hes been a standout for Scotland U21s. So no surprise he’s on the radar of various clubs.

The frustration is that AFC arent in a position to hold on to our best players for long thesedays. Market forces and all that. 

I dont get the animosity from fans towards players for moving on. Blame the game not the player. Unless of course its to your most hated rival. Then its fucking treachery and he should be shot in the eyeballs.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

This. Who gives a fuck.

Good wee player, lots of potential. Scouts scrutinise U21 national teams to tap up cheap young talent and hes been a standout for Scotland U21s. So no surprise he’s on the radar of various clubs.

The frustration is that AFC arent in a position to hold on to our best players for long thesedays. Market forces and all that. 

I dont get the animosity from fans towards players for moving on. Blame the game not the player. Unless of course its to your most hated rival. Then its fucking treachery and he should be shot in the eyeballs.

I think the animosity comes from the bollocks he spouts about his contract negotiations and what we all know he's really upto

14 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

If you knew what “deal”  the club has put on the table , it wouldn’t be Connor who the narrow minded, know it all folks on here would be criticising. 

Can count the games he’s stood out on one hand yet he wants to be one of the highest paid players at the club. Get in the fucking bin 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, davieb said:

I think the animosity comes from the bollocks he spouts about his contract negotiations and what we all know he's really upto

What do you want him to say?

He’s playing the game. He knows we know whats going on to an extent so whats the issue?

The nature of fitba contracts creates these messy situations and as such requires a level of discretion from all concerned which creates this animosity.

As usual its the paying fan (and the player to an extent) who gets the shit end of the deal - the hallmark of modern fitba.

Lets say hypothetically, hes signed a pre-contract 6 months ago with someone, does he go public? Im sure his agent, manager, chairman, and future club would rather he didnt for various reasons. I dont think that decision lies with the player.

I was raging with The Rat situation and the lies from him and DM. With hindsight tho, what should they have done? ** Come clean and send the club into meltdown or keep using the asset and try and keep a lid on it till hes gone. 

Its fucking shite but its modern football. 

(**Thrown the rat cunt off a cliff)

• Haha 1

I like Barron, much more useful than he used to be (although part of that is down to Robson’s fucking eye bleeding tactics).

if we must persevere with a 3/5 or a 5/3 I’d like the following:

Shinnie to left back, which makes the midfield 3:

Barron sitting in front of the defence picking the ball up.

Polvara running anround and linking the play.

Clarkson in behind our front line picking passes to Miovski.

Id much prefer Robson got to fuck and we had a manager that’s much more dynamic though!

6 minutes ago, Simply Red said:

What do you want him to say?

He’s playing the game. He knows we know whats going on to an extent so whats the issue?

The nature of fitba contracts creates these messy situations and as such requires a level of discretion from all concerned which creates this animosity.

As usual its the paying fan (and the player to an extent) who gets the shit end of the deal - the hallmark of modern fitba.

Lets say hypothetically, hes signed a pre-contract 6 months ago with someone, does he go public? Im sure his agent, manager, chairman, and future club would rather he didnt for various reasons. I dont think that decision lies with the player.

I was raging with The Rat situation and the lies from him and DM. With hindsight tho, what should they have done? ** Come clean and send the club into meltdown or keep using the asset and try and keep a lid on it till hes gone. 

Its fucking shite but its modern football. 

(**Thrown the rat cunt off a cliff)

Exactly it’s like asking a Manager who’s just lost a last minute penalty to Sevco due to a VAR decision nobody else sees what he thinks of VAR then he’s cited by SFA as he’s actually told the truth 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

Can count the games he’s stood out on one hand yet he wants to be one of the highest paid players at the club. Get in the fucking bin 

He's bang average, not close to making the impact Ferguson had. If someone is gonna pay 500k, that seems a decent price considering some of the money we've earned in the pazt

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Barron could be a very good player for us. Dont understand why he has not been played more this season. Dont understand why club dont make him a high earner so we can cash in when he goes. By playing hardball he will go this month and we will lose out financially.

Since when has Barron become the saviour? He’s average. I still don’t see it.  Cammy Smith all over again for me.  People raving about looking for the ball etc. He gets caught with it loads and did at County.  Just nae seeing it. We can do better.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
17 minutes ago, davierobb said:

Barron could be a very good player for us. Dont understand why he has not been played more this season. Dont understand why club dont make him a high earner so we can cash in when he goes. By playing hardball he will go this month and we will lose out financially.

I agree he could have been a good player but I don't think It's anything to do with hardball. He's gone. May as well get used to it. We aren't in the fucking mess we are in right now because he hasn't played more games. If he goes this month then we will gain financially no? Not lose. 

5 minutes ago, ahead on alphabet said:

I agree he could have been a good player but I don't think It's anything to do with hardball. He's gone. May as well get used to it. We aren't in the fucking mess we are in right now because he hasn't played more games. If he goes this month then we will gain financially no? Not lose. 

Yep, grab the money and run! 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

Since when has Barron become the saviour? He’s average. I still don’t see it.  Cammy Smith all over again for me.  People raving about looking for the ball etc. He gets caught with it loads and did at County.  Just nae seeing it. We can do better.

He's 7 levels above cammy Smith

That there is @thursolevels of eejitness re judging a player

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Dildo 1